Ignore button

It seems you have a couple of minutes on here to correct typos or missing words when you first post a reply. I have noticed if I later reread my post and find an error I want to correct, that 'last edited' note will then appear.

Sometimes I’m scrolling through and accidentally click on a person instead of a thread and then while trying to get rid of the pop up I accidentally follow or ignore them. Every once in a while I have to check to make sure I’m haven’t ignored or followed people without realizing it. Am I the only one with such clumsy thumbs?
No, not alone. I realized at some point that I was ignoring someone because I would get an automatic question about seeing ignored content. When I finally figured out how to see who I was ignoring it was more than 1 person. I never did it deliberately.

Every Ignore I've ever done was conscious and deliberate.

I sometimes look at annoying threads, click on the thread starter's activity, and if they've only started and replied to threads like "do you prefer masking tape or Scotch tape" threads, I go right to the Ignore button. :laughing:

Every Ignore I've ever done was conscious and deliberate.

I sometimes look at annoying threads, click on the thread starter's activity, and if they've only started and replied to threads like "do you prefer masking tape or Scotch tape" threads, I go right to the Ignore button. :laughing:
I suppose it depends whether you see the forum as solely a source of Disney/Universal information or something more. I wonder if for some people this is their only source of friendship and companionship, so does it harm anyone if they find an excuse to post something everyday?

I suppose it depends whether you see the forum as solely a source of Disney/Universal information or something more. I wonder if for some people this is their only source of friendship and companionship, so does it harm anyone if they find an excuse to post something everyday?
Nope. I'm all for tangental "community" conversations about movies, food/cooking, books, jokes, etc.

If someone has so few friends, could it possibly be because they have a compulsion to count down from 1,000 to 1 in an inane thread?

Nope. I'm all for tangental "community" conversations about movies, food/cooking, books, jokes, etc.

If someone has so few friends, could it possibly be because they have a compulsion to count down from 1,000 to 1 in an inane thread?
But what if they have no friends, family, job, hobbies, I don’t know, no interests? My adult daughter invited an acquaintance to supper one evening because she felt sorry for him. We are a chatty family, but he had no conversation, no interests whatsoever that we could find. He literally drained the room of conversation. No malice or harm, but just … well void. I suspect that he is counting green bottles sitting on a wall.

But what if they have no friends, family, job, hobbies, I don’t know, no interests? My adult daughter invited an acquaintance to supper one evening because she felt sorry for him. We are a chatty family, but he had no conversation, no interests whatsoever that we could find. He literally drained the room of conversation. No malice or harm, but just … well void. I suspect that he is counting green bottles sitting on a wall.
Your argument is that he has to annoy SOMEONE? And that you invited your daughter's friend back multiple times?

Stand by while I stretch this into an analogy... The person is seeking friendship and companionship so they walk into a room full of people, pose a conversation starter question and then immediately walk out without engaging in the conversation they just started. And then they do this numerous times, over and over. Eventually, I am going to stop inviting them to my parties.

When I pose a conversation starting question on a forum, I stick around to engage in the conversation. I am interested in the responses and contribute to the discussion.

Stand by while I stretch this into an analogy... The person is seeking friendship and companionship so they walk into a room full of people, pose a conversation starter question and then immediately walk out without engaging in the conversation they just started. And then they do this numerous times, over and over. Eventually, I am going to stop inviting them to my parties.

When I pose a conversation starting question on a forum, I stick around to engage in the conversation. I am interested in the responses and contribute to the discussion.
Great analogy! :)

I agree. Am not a phychologist and won't try to play one on the internet. We are all adults here. Someone constantly posting threads and NEVER bothering to return to have a conversation makes no sense to me. Besides the fact many of these questions seem like an effort at identity theft. If someone behaves in a constantly annoying manner, it isn't my job to play along or have to put up with that. Ignore works great for such people. I also find on other non-Disney forums that if everyone stops interacting with those who are annoying, they tend to leave the site and go elsewhere.

Last edited:
This thread gave me the final push to hit the ignore button on a certain someone.
I’m so glad I did - it’s like taking a breath of fresh air. The nonsense is suffocating the CB and it’s so nice having it gone. Granted, my polls are nonsense too - we’re not solving the world‘s problems with my polls, but at least it’s just one a day and on the rare occasion two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter