If you were receiving a $50 gift card; what store would you like it for?

So nobody wants an AMEX or Visa gift card? That's what I'm giving my staff. Maybe I should ask them to fill out a wish list next year.
I'm sure a lot of people probably like them. I might just be an oddball. :rotfl2:
Maybe people didn't mention them because the thread title asked what store?

Edit: I wouldn't turn one down if someone gave it to me. :)
I'd just spend the entire $50 at once. On something big, like my next Disney trip.

I'm sure a lot of people probably like them. I might just be an oddball. :rotfl2:
Maybe people didn't mention them because the thread title asked what store?

Edit: I wouldn't turn one down if someone gave it to me. :)
I'd just spend the entire $50 at once. On something big, like my next Disney trip.

Ooops, I overlooked that minor detail when replying. :blush::guilty:

Amazon (I have a big wish list there)
Target
Kohl' s
Barnes and Noble
Schuler Books
Bath and Body Works

1. Disney (not store)
2. WalMart
3. Dollar Tree (love that place and I'm always in there, lol)

So nobody wants an AMEX or Visa gift card? That's what I'm giving my staff. Maybe I should ask them to fill out a wish list next year.

Honestly? I don't like them for several reasons. For me, a gift card is giving the gift of shopping - which I like. Cash/check is great because... well, it's cash. Visa/Amex cards fall below both for me. It's not a gift of shopping and it's not as easy to use as a check/cash. I almost always immediately cash in a Visa/Amex gift card for an Amazon gift card (buy an online Amazon card and pay for it with the Visa/Amex one). That way I don't have to worry about what's left on the card and if it will be denied if it's too low (I had that happen several years ago - don't know if that still happens).

That said, I appreciate and am thankful for all gifts. :cheer2:

And even though I already answered, I also love Dunkin Donuts cards - especially for smaller amounts!

Target
Amazon
Hot Topic (They have a bunch of Doctor Who merchandise I'd love to have but always talk myself out of buying. If I had a gift card, I'd swoop in and get what I wanted!)
Ebay
Etsy

Honestly? I don't like them for several reasons. For me, a gift card is giving the gift of shopping - which I like. Cash/check is great because... well, it's cash. Visa/Amex cards fall below both for me. It's not a gift of shopping and it's not as easy to use as a check/cash. I almost always immediately cash in a Visa/Amex gift card for an Amazon gift card (buy an online Amazon card and pay for it with the Visa/Amex one). That way I don't have to worry about what's left on the card and if it will be denied if it's too low (I had that happen several years ago - don't know if that still happens).

The bolded is why I don't like those VISA/Amex cards.

Costco
Meijer
Target

I like the places you can use gift cards for gas or merchandise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter