If you could talk 1 on 1 with the Disney boardroom on what you would want Disney to do or bring back (within reason), what would you say?

They definitely could have committed further to the style, but it's still a bit different than what you see in Frozen or Tangled. It was an attempt anyway.
The worst part of Wish in particular was that it was originally supposed to be 2D animated 😭

The worst part of Wish in particular was that it was originally supposed to be 2D animated 😭

Yeah, I wish they would try 2D again, though, honestly, I have my doubts that it would work with audiences these days. I think people would dismiss it. Maybe the novelty would help though, but I kinda doubt it.

1. Bring back Magical Express, even if it's paid. I will gladly pay the $15 each way Mears charges if they will deliver my bags to my room and I can book it with my hotel online.

2. Change the morning virtual queues to a lottery. No more race to refresh right at 7 am. You enter between midnight and 6:59, and at 7 you find out if you got a group. The later 1 pm VQ can be first come first serve for those who missed the first one. This might be tougher with park reservations going away, but it might actually make Epcot less crowded in the morning. I would also consider requiring people be in the park before joining, like it used to be.

3. One Genie+ reservation ahead of time if you book the service. You can book the service up to 2 weeks out, and you don't choose the specific time, just the ride and whatever the next available time is. Only one ride, basically just your first one of the day, so we don't have this race at 7 am for return times.

4. I don't know anything about making movies, but I'm definitely sick of sequels and how childish the Marvel movies and TV shows are. I loved Guardians 3 because there were actual stakes, not just some kid with superpowers beating up a generic villain.

Bring back magical Express,

and stop requiring people to be on their phones all day on their vacation!
Everything everyone else has mentioned are good ideas but these two points are the best. Especially having to be on and see other people on their phones constantly walking around like zombies. WDW is the only place I go on vacation, where I constantly am using my phone to plan something!!

Gotta say, Disney in the late 1990s and early 2000s was significantly better.

Bring back:
Fastpass or Fastpass+
Magical Express
Resort-specific mugs (If you really wanna get picky, restaurants had site-specific napkins, too. None of this generic brown stuff)
Tarzan Rocks
Epcot as an edutainment park. Wonders of Life, Food Rocks, Kitchen Cabaret... just some of the memories. Upscale the uniqueness and educational value of the countries in WorldShowcase
Afternoon parades in ALL four parks (or evening, at Epcot)
Osborne Lights
Adventurers Club (Kungaloosh!! Maybe have some exclusively-adult clubs. Disney is not only for families and kids!)

Improve:
Food variety and quality.
Customer service. Seriously, Disney. The costs could be justified due to the outstanding customer service and uniqueness of your parks. Everyone really felt like a welcomed guest. Not anymore. We are all now just beans in the counters bags.

I agree with so many of you. :thumbsup2

One free FP at a time and you have to be in the park to get it.

Quality souvenirs, which they deliver to your on-site resort room.

MK nighttime parade.

Prioritize attraction maintenance.

Return of Magical Express

Return of meaningful Extra Magic Hours

Stop using the parks to fund every other corner of the company - at least to the extent that it is draining the parks of consistent quality.

Take better care (it would seem) of CMs and in turn they'll be happier and better care of property and guests...

...Treat guests as Guests, again. No more 'pay the earth for a lottery of an experience'.

edited for mistyping!

Last edited:
The bulk of this is WDW specific, but the last couple are Disney in general. ...Fast passes included with ticket purchase, Osborne Lights, the original Imagination, the Living with the Land song, longer park hours, evening extra magic hours, superior customer service, and just a return to a better cost to value relationship.

Former fast pass instead of making even more money off people who want to see ad much as possible in a day after already spending excessive prices on tickets.

Tickets that never expire. Those were the greatest.

More benefits for Dvc members, like better discounts on food, free never expire cups, housekeeping more frequently, discounts on tickets, ability to upgrade rooms when available at no extra points.

ALL of Pleasure Island, not just the Adventurer’s Club. I liked the other clubs too plus the general street atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter