If you could talk 1 on 1 with the Disney boardroom on what you would want Disney to do or bring back (within reason), what would you say?

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
If you could talk 1 on 1 with the Disney boardroom on what you would want Disney to do or bring back (within reason), what would you say? What would be your business plan to make it happen or for Disney to consider it?

Return to making 2D animated films. Please. I'm begging. I'm so tired of the boring cookie cutter style they're doing for their 3D films.

Also ride maintenance should be a higher priority than it is now. Almost half of the attractions in MK need some serious TLC.

Bring back Fastpass+ (free, obviously). Bring back Illuminations (can upgrade the show elements, but keep the music). Bring back being able to send purchases back to your hotel. Bring back DME and RAC. Bring back the Innoventions area music loop to Epcot.

A Star Wars weekends kind of thing, but all year round in that empty Star Cruiser hotel. SW themed dining, tons of character meets, etc.
I know we can only pick one, but I just have to include bringing back free fastpass, and being able to book it ahead of time

OSBOURNE LIGHTS (or equivalent - a magical holiday space like Osbourne was, where you can stroll, sip hot chocolate or specialty coffees, enjoy live street entertainment, snope, and millions of lights.) Disney Springs was nice, but just too store/restaurant oriented.

Less need to reserve everything. I want to walk in the park and have much of the entertainment available without all the planning. I haven't gone in about 10 years and planning now looks quite overwhelming.
I agree with this. Planning a trip to wdw now requires a degree in Disney studies; it feels like a chore. I also wish they still their relationship with Amex, there were some nice perks there.

Last edited:
Whimsey! It used to be they really pushed the Cast Member vibe, being aware the entire experience was like an immersion play for guests. These days half the employees look like Crusty the Clown, grumpy serious people in fun costumes doesn't cut it. This past trip was much better than prior years but a far cry from back when everyone was in on it.

Food, holy moly the food is such crap compared to what it used to be. Everything changed when the dining packages were introduced, gross overly processed and over salted everything. Best guess is everything on property runs like a giant cafeteria modeled after chain restaurants and the chefs make the best they can with what they have, and it shows - mostly ick. Food at WDW used to be so much better. Split the current dynamic up, let the restaurants run like independent operations and allow the chefs the latitude to be good chefs with fresh nutritious food instead of food safety staff. It shouldn't be so tough to find low sodium foods options, the fact it is so tough tells me virtually nothing is prepared fresh. We can afford whatever we want so why was I going to breakfast off property and bringing in a fresh sandwich to have in my car to avoid the salt? With the money WDW has at its disposal they can afford high end chefs and staff, there is no excuse.

Came back to add when I had their ear, quit ruining Star Wars franchise, so irritating. My kids were raised on WDW and Star Wars and you are just pissing everyone off, quit it and restore the vision. Oh and btw start making more new stuff instead of redoing old things, no-one wants that and whoever is behind it is lighting Disney money on fire on Main Street. Fire the lot of them, quit trying to educate me, track down the old staff and right the ship before it grounds itself.

Then I'd ask for a photo with Mickey :)

Last edited:
Return to making 2D animated films. Please. I'm begging. I'm so tired of the boring cookie cutter style they're doing for their 3D films.

Also ride maintenance should be a higher priority than it is now. Almost half of the attractions in MK need some serious TLC.

I agree. They did try though to make Wish look a bit interesting, but, well, we see how that went. Personally I liked the look, but the execs will only see that it did poorly and revert to the house style.

• Bring back the old fast pass system. I preferred the OG over +, but I'd take either as long as it was free and didn't require you to make advance ride reservations.
  • More unique characters available in the parks outside of special ticketed events.
    • I'm looking at you Scrooge and Launchpad, Jiminy Cricket, Clarabelle Cow, Robin Hood, etc.
  • Bring back Osborne Lights.
  • Improve food quality. We already pay a premium on food so improve the quality.
    • Bring back the toppings bars! The stations still exist so fill them up! I want my shredded lettuce and cheese sauce at Pecos Bills and Cosmic Rays.
  • Princess Coronation- When was the last time it was done? We happened to be at MK the day of Merida's coronation event. It was unexpected and awesome! Have Anna and Elsa, or Tiana been coronated?
  • Return Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom- free and filled time. My kids were always excited about their free cards, even though we already had a dozen of a specific card already. And the special ones that could be obtained at special events.

I agree. They did try though to make Wish look a bit interesting, but, well, we see how that went. Personally I liked the look, but the execs will only see that it did poorly and revert to the house style.
With Wish, I feel like Disney was too afraid to commit to a more stylized look in the animation and ended up with an art style that is more of their cookie cutter 3D look. I find that the 2D stuff ages way better than the 3D movies do. Princess and the Frog looks better than most of the older 3D films (not counting anything before Bolt, referring to Tangled to Big Hero 6).

I know the real answer as to why they're not making 2D animated films is because Disney laid off the majority of their 2D artists but Once Upon a Studio gives me hope that they'd dabble in them again.

With Wish, I feel like Disney was too afraid to commit to a more stylized look in the animation and ended up with an art style that is more of their cookie cutter 3D look. I find that the 2D stuff ages way better than the 3D movies do. Princess and the Frog looks better than most of the older 3D films (not counting anything before Bolt, referring to Tangled to Big Hero 6).

I know the real answer as to why they're not making 2D animated films is because Disney laid off the majority of their 2D artists but Once Upon a Studio gives me hope that they'd dabble in them again.

They definitely could have committed further to the style, but it's still a bit different than what you see in Frozen or Tangled. It was an attempt anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter