If we can DREAM it, we can do it! ..... another 30 day vacation Update 02/07

I love SE and Living with the Land , but Soarin' is my favorite !! As for the green or orange this Grannie will pass !!:rotfl2:

I have never tried mission space. I am kinda a chicken when it comes to rides and the idea that they have to hose it out... :scared:

Your pictures of Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land make me kinda sad.... I would have liked to have done those on our most recent trip. Why is there just never enough time?:confused3

I love Living With The Land - it's just sooooo relaxing :)

Great to have such a short wait for Soarin'

woo hoo! I've only done late hours once at Epcot. it was fun though.

We usually make good use of EMHs, even though sometimes they can get pretty crowded. ;)

Fun update, Karin. You are a much braver woman than me. And in response to your post to me on one of your other TR's (or maybe it was this one :confused3)..."if you don't try it you won't know if you like it"...I have tried Mission and I'd have to be in a body bag to do it again. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I love Spaceship Earth and we like trying different experiences too.

Kathy, I'll try everything, well, at least once. :rotfl2:
Now, that you tried MS, PLEASE, don't do it again if it does not agree with you - oh and btw did you try orange or green? One of my friends "nearly dies" if she does orange, but she is a-okay in green. ;)

Isn't SE so much fun? I love looking for the hidden Mickeys in there and then we create different futures, so fun!!! :goodvibes

I still don't know about the fish!!!;)

It WAS yummy - that's all that mattered to us. ;)
I am sure you would have liked it too if you had not looked it into the eye. :lmao:

I love SE and Living with the Land , but Soarin' is my favorite !! As for the green or orange this Grannie will pass !!:rotfl2:

Yes, there are lots of fun rides at Epcot and I really enjoy Soarin'! Plus I LOVE being in the orange team! Can't pass up on the hypersleep. :rotfl2:

Great minds, Rosie!! :dance3:

Do I smell some coaster chicken? :lmao:
Well, you are in good company as when I was still lugging my pal Mickey around, HE was the greatest coaster chicken. :rotfl2:

I have never tried mission space. I am kinda a chicken when it comes to rides and the idea that they have to hose it out... :scared:

Your pictures of Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land make me kinda sad.... I would have liked to have done those on our most recent trip. Why is there just never enough time?:confused3

You haven't? You should give the green experience a try - it is awesome technology. :thumbsup2 (and they do provide space sickness bags! :lmao:)

There is NEVER enough time to do everything, Ann. Even when we stayed at WDW for 4 weeks we would never make it on all the rides and there would always be one that we missed in the end. :sad2:

I love Living With The Land - it's just sooooo relaxing :)

Great to have such a short wait for Soarin'

LwtL is such a fun ride. I really enjoy seeing the different crops!
We were so amazed with the short wait and then being able to ride in the top row! :woohoo:

Do I smell some coaster chicken? :lmao:
Well, you are in good company as when I was still lugging my pal Mickey around, HE was the greatest coaster chicken.

Before Disney got into serious thrill attractions I tried everything at least once - Space Mountain twice but only because I wanted my equally terrified friend to say she had gone on it once! :rotfl:

When TOT was brand new, the TV trailers made it appear that it was virtual reality. I LOVED Back to the Future at Universal so was more than willing to give TOT a try....O.M.G.!!!! Thought my heart was going to pound right out of my chest!! When we went to purchase the photo, my hand and fingers were trembling so much that I could not get the money out of my wallet. Then I was nauseous for almost three days. I am a happy bag holder now.::yes::

We always go to EMHs at the parks. I agree with you Karin, they are getting more crowded. I love Soarin' and we always ask for the front row, even if we have to wait for the next flight. I will pass on Misson Space, Scott doesn't even like it. He will ride Test Track while Howie & Rachel ride MS and I will find my bench and relax for awhile. :)

Karin, I love the pic of the Epcot ball with the palm trees.

We always have the best time at Epcot after hours. Last trip we were the last people to leave. We got the best pictures and had a great time talking with the CM's/Management at the end of the night. Lifelong friends made! I can't wait to get back and see everyone.

Looks like you guys had a sweet time walking right onto everything too. Living with the Land... :lovestruc I don't know what it is about that ride but I love it!

Long time lurker, I just love your trip reports:) DH and I will be taking a 3 night cruise from March 14-17 on the Dream and following it up with 3 days in the parks for our 25th anniversary. Your cruise reports are part of the reason we chose a 3 night cruise.

Okay I freely admit I am a chicken about Roller Coasters . So here is why ... yet another Rosie tale. :goodvibesWay back when I a teenager ( Dinasaur Era ):rotfl2: I went to Great Yarmouth for the day with a Youth Group. My best friend Nanette , talked me into going on the coaster, back then you paid as you were on the coaster awaiting take off . So we took off and I remember praying for it to end and praying I would live to see it end . :scared1::scared1::scared1:Nanette oblivious to my TERROR.:eek: Paid for us to go again :scared1:as I was SPEECHLESS and couldn't move to get off !!:rotfl2:The second nightmare my thoughts were I must talke and I must get off !!:rotfl2::rotfl2:
The same Nanette on that same day also ended my Ferris Wheel days :rotfl2:We rode the Ferris Whhel at Dusk, she was sitting across from me , the lights were turned on and as they were they crackled !!!What does Nanette do .... make a flying leap to sit on my lap and almost tipped us out !!!:scared1:So now ya'll know why :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Before Disney got into serious thrill attractions I tried everything at least once - Space Mountain twice but only because I wanted my equally terrified friend to say she had gone on it once! :rotfl:

When TOT was brand new, the TV trailers made it appear that it was virtual reality. I LOVED Back to the Future at Universal so was more than willing to give TOT a try....O.M.G.!!!! Thought my heart was going to pound right out of my chest!! When we went to purchase the photo, my hand and fingers were trembling so much that I could not get the money out of my wallet. Then I was nauseous for almost three days. I am a happy bag holder now.::yes::

At least you tried the rides! :lmao:
And btw ...... ToT is SO much "tamer" now that they have installed seatbelts. I just LOVED the airtime you got when they still had the lapbar! :thumbsup2

You know, your little story reminded me of a trip we have taken to DLRP with two of our aunts. One of them was way in her 70s (my aunt in London) and we never expected her to go on all the rides, but she would try each and every one! :lmao: Fun thing is, that the first thing she said, getting of the rides was ..... "NEVER" again! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

We always go to EMHs at the parks. I agree with you Karin, they are getting more crowded. I love Soarin' and we always ask for the front row, even if we have to wait for the next flight. I will pass on Misson Space, Scott doesn't even like it. He will ride Test Track while Howie & Rachel ride MS and I will find my bench and relax for awhile. :)

We love EMHs, even if we don't always make it there. ;)
I really enjoyed it when they were three hours as towards the end of the second hour the crowds thinned out and you could practically walk on everything. :goodvibes

Karin, I love the pic of the Epcot ball with the palm trees.

We always have the best time at Epcot after hours. Last trip we were the last people to leave. We got the best pictures and had a great time talking with the CM's/Management at the end of the night. Lifelong friends made! I can't wait to get back and see everyone.

Looks like you guys had a sweet time walking right onto everything too. Living with the Land... :lovestruc I don't know what it is about that ride but I love it!

I take a very similar photo of Spaceship Earth and a palm tree every year. There is something about the palm trees and that "giant golfball". ;)

I am so glad that so many other DISers love Living with the Land. I cannot put my finger on it, but something about that ride just draws me in. ;)

Yes, waiting until most of the crowds have subsided and enjoy an almost empty park has something almost magical. So beautiful! :thumbsup2

Long time lurker, I just love your trip reports:) DH and I will be taking a 3 night cruise from March 14-17 on the Dream and following it up with 3 days in the parks for our 25th anniversary. Your cruise reports are part of the reason we chose a 3 night cruise.

:welcome:
So glad you came out of lurkdome. :thumbsup2 I feel very honoured that my trip reports made you go on a DREAM cruise. I am sure you are going to love your time on board. :goodvibes

Okay I freely admit I am a chicken about Roller Coasters . So here is why ... yet another Rosie tale. :goodvibesWay back when I a teenager ( Dinasaur Era ):rotfl2: I went to Great Yarmouth for the day with a Youth Group. My best friend Nanette , talked me into going on the coaster, back then you paid as you were on the coaster awaiting take off . So we took off and I remember praying for it to end and praying I would live to see it end . :scared1::scared1::scared1:Nanette oblivious to my TERROR.:eek: Paid for us to go again :scared1:as I was SPEECHLESS and couldn't move to get off !!:rotfl2:The second nightmare my thoughts were I must talke and I must get off !!:rotfl2::rotfl2:
The same Nanette on that same day also ended my Ferris Wheel days :rotfl2:We rode the Ferris Whhel at Dusk, she was sitting across from me , the lights were turned on and as they were they crackled !!!What does Nanette do .... make a flying leap to sit on my lap and almost tipped us out !!!:scared1:So now ya'll know why :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Rosie, after that experience I do not blame you for not going on thrill rides! ;) Even though picturing your friend on the ferris wheel made me :rotfl:

Rosie, that would scare the heck out of me! I don't do Ferris Wheels either - terrifying!

Christine, have you seen the "sun" wheel at DCA?

snwhl_zps3fb90bb3.jpg

They have a few compartments that "move", not just rocking ....... they actually MOVE!!! I don't mind ferris wheels, but I screamed bloody murder on that one. :rotfl2:

Day 12, August 22

A DVC meet, a DISmeet and fireworks from Bay Lake Tower - Part 1

Since we had gotten in late the day before, we really slept in and only got up past 8. We got ready and then headed outside

IMG_5219.jpg

to the car, took the top down and drove over to the Wilderness Lodge. I had read about the Mickey Waffles they offered at Roaring Forks and we had decided to try them.
We made it to the Wilderness Lodge and headed over to the restaurant. It was pretty empty and we had a look at the menu and ordered our breakfast. It took quite some time for them to get it ready as the waffles were freshly made and they needed to wait for some of the ingredients for the toppings. Once she had got them we were handed our breakfasts, Tom had picked up some drinks and we quickly paid for our food. There were lots of unoccupied tables and we sat close to the condiments bar. And then it was time to sample the goodies.

IMG_5224.jpg

Tom had the

IMG_5221.jpg

Strawberry and whipped cream waffles, which came with a side of bacon and were really tasty, while I had ordered the

IMG_5222.jpg

Bananas Foster Waffles, Mickey Waffles with warm bananas in a buttered rum sauce. They came with a side of bacon as well and it was good so, as the bacon counteracted with the sweetness of the sauce. But no matter how sweet it was, it was still very good.
Breakfast in belly we were ready to head out again and our first stop was the Outlet Mall again. This time we were sure the measurements for a new bag were right and we went right to the Samsonite store and got the new bag. Tom had been eyeing a wheeled backpack for a while and since we were in a shopping mood we picked that one up as well.
On the way back we stopped at another outlet mall, just to find a Vera Bradley store and a Dooney and Burke outlet store. Unfortunately they didn’t carry any Disney Dooneys, but we vowed to be back after our cruise. We then headed back to our villa to find that it had already been serviced and we had something to drink out on the veranda before we were on our way to the Boardwalk.
It does not take long to go there and before we arrived we filled up the car again, then drove into their parking lot and were quickly welcomed. We headed inside the resort and then down to the Atlantic Dancehall for the next appointment we wanted to go to, the DVC meet.
We arrived rather late and people were already streaming into the building. And after showing our DVC cards we were handed vouchers for some snacks and drinks and a slip of paper which needed to be filled out in order to be put into a big bag for a giveaway. When we finally entered the Dance Hall it was FULL. Before we went to look for a seat we joined the line over at the buffet and handed in our vouchers. Tom got a bag of Pretzels and I picked a bag of Cracker Jacks,

IMG_5226.jpg

which we had never tried before. Then we joined another line for the drinks and finally got two cups of lemonade.

IMG_5225.jpg

We didn’t find a seat and stood towards the back, leaning against a bar. Shortly before the meet was supposed to start a Cast Member came by who told all the people standing that they had opened up the upstairs and we were welcome to walk up and find a seat. We did and found a table with two chairs and plopped down, waiting for the presentation to begin. We did expect this to be a presentation of DVC, looking forward to learn new things about it, but it turned out to be something totally different. Instead of what we were thinking it would be it was kind of a children’s party, with party games and sing alongs.

IMG_5227.jpg

IMG_5228.jpg

IMG_5229.jpg

IMG_5230.jpg

We were VERY happy to be seated upstairs, away from the “action” where we only had to watch and not participate. It was a long hour in which we always waited to hear some news but there were none.
After the meet we all moved towards the exit where we all got DVC hats and then were left out on the Boardwalk.
Tom and I decided to walk over to the Open House and have a look at what Boardwalk Villas looked like.

IMG_5231.jpg

IMG_5232.jpg

IMG_5233.jpg

There were quite a few more people in there but we did get to have a good look around and even a chat with some Cast Members. We had skipped lunch and since we were so close to the Boardwalk Bakery we walked over and picked up a counter service to take back to our villa to share.
Purchases in the bag we headed back to our car and then over to Old Key West.

To be continued ............

Karin, I've not been back to DL since DCA opened, but have seen many photos of that Ferris Wheel. Sounds terrifying! You can always say you've been up there!!:cool1::scared1:

Interesting DVC Meet - very nice they opened the upstairs and you could watch the goings on instead of being in the midst of it all.:thumbsup2

What did you think of BWV? I enjoyed our stay as it is so convenient and I prefer some of the std views over the BCV views, but BCV has of course SAB.:) Best of all, BWV is less points than almost any other DVC. Works great for me!:goodvibes

Would you believe in 30+ years of visits we have never come across one of those frogs!

Ahhhh....RF - I've read so many complaints about it but we really enjoyed it when staying at VWL. It was perfect for early breakfast before the
park, food was always good. Tom's waffle looks especially yummy...yours a bit too sweet for me, but so happy you enjoyed your Mickey waffle. ::yes::

Nice little shopping trip! I'd love to get to the Vera Bradley outlet! Oh, and can you hardly wait to see the VB Mickey designs?! Hoping the Dream gift shop will have some on our cruise. :thumbsup2

Fun update, Karin!:goodvibes

Your breakfast looks amazing! Even though its dinner time here, I could eat that right up! YUM!

Yeah for a fun shopping expedition!

mmm breakfast looks delicious.
You mean you didn't participate in the kiddie games? :rotfl2:

Mmm, I just love the waffles at Roaring Fork and I'm pretty sure I will be eating plenty of them when we stay at WL in December

I had no idea that the DVC get together would be like you described! Don't think we will be heading there any time soon!

Those waffles are making my tummy grumble (good thing dinner is in ten minutes). They look super yummy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter