If we can DREAM it, we can do it! ..... another 30 day vacation Update 02/07

Karin you are soooo right Dissers are the best and they think it perfectly natural to go on trips with starngers , to meet starangers etc !!! I love it but can see how others would be LEERY!!!::yes::::yes::

I was really worried how this would work out before our first meet, but so far we had only the best experiences. And yes, they may be strangers in real life, but you know so much about each other and have shared a lot of fun online moments that it feels like meeting family. :goodvibes

Strangers??? Maybe strange, but certainly not strangers after all these years! :cool1::thumbsup2:dance3::rotfl:

One shares so much of one's life here, it does not feel like meeting strangers. And we have made some incredible friends on here. :hug:

Oh no!!:sad2: No more orange whipped cream? I am so sad!!! It ranks among my top favorite things I have tried in WDW!

You cupcake looks amazing! I need to try one of those.

All your other food pics are amazing too. YUM.

Sounds like a nice time both with Michelle and watching fireworks in the lounge. :goodvibes

I was really looking forward to try the orange whipped cream, but it was no more. :(

If you like coffee flavoured things, that's the cupcake to try. It was amazing. :thumbsup2
Michelle, Tracy, Tom and I hit it off right away. We started talking and it was like we had known each other forever. And before we knew it we had been sitting there for two hours. We were all happy to cruise together for 5 nights a few days later.

One year we came back to OKW and had tons of frogs on our door that we couldn't open it. We had a wash cloth and Howie was waving it at the frogs so they would move. When most of them hopped off, we ran inside hoping none followed us in. Well, one must have because I was in the bathroom that night and guess what I saw....a frog. Howie scooped it up with a towel and put it outside.

We have been to DVC meets, but they were not like the one you went to. We wouldn't have like that either.

What a great DISmeet. Waffles look yummy, but that muffin looks amazing. I have been in the Boardwalk bakery many times and I don't know how I could have passed up that muffin....anything coffee and mocha I have to have.

So, not all DVC meets were like this? We were happy to be upstairs and happy when it was over. :rotfl2:

We have rarely seen frogs at OKW, but I really loved seeing them. Fun thing is that one year at POR there were a lot of frogs on the signs every night. We used to give them names. :lmao:

I had not seen the cupcake before and reading the word coffee, I had to have it. Funny though, I don't drink coffee, just like it in sweets. :lmao:

Oh the view from the Top Of The World Lounge looks spectacular :)

Hope to get up there on our next trip if it's still open to all DVC members - it is right now so fingers crossed they keep it that way

It is still open to DVC members, I think they have blocked a few days in December, but that's it. You really need to get up there, Linda, the lounge is beautiful and they have very yummy drinks. :thumbsup2

I think its so great that all DVC members can go to the TOWL. Is it still like that or did they end it? Cynthia and I briefly entertained it, but we had so much else on our agenda that we pretty much forgot about it. Love the view from up there.

We were so happy when they announced they would open it up in the summer last year and even more excited that it will be open this summer as well.
The lounge is just awesome and the view is breathtaking. :goodvibes

Love that you had a DIS meet and were so comfortable that two hours went by and you didn't even realize it.

Love the towel animals in your villa...so adorable.

Michelle and Tracy were just so easy to talk to. We loved being with them. :goodvibes
We got some pretty amazing towel animals, on dry land and on the cruise too. :thumbsup2

I am just now reading your TR!

Looks like you guys had lots of fun and I absolutely love how relaxed you guys are vacationing! I wish I was more like that but we tend to cram everything in within those 4 to 5 days.. :(

cant wait to read more!

Being on vacation for 4 weeks and more helps with a somewhat slow pace. And we just love doing other things as well.
But I can so relate to the commando style touring. During the first few years we went to WDW we would always just try to cram in as much as possible. :goodvibes

So I discovered this past week that I really need to read your TR on the computer instead of my phone to do your photo's justice. I went back and re-read your DLP trip to check out the photos.:banana: They really are great.

DH and I are not DVC owners, but have always wanted to be. Reading your TR makes me really wish we were. We got to stay at OKW two years ago, and loved it. Now that I am learning some of the other perks from your TR, it just seems so worth it. Oh well, something to dream about and look forward to in the future! :thumbsup2

Yeah for going back and rereading. I am glad you enjoy the photos! :goodvibes

We have only been DVC members since 2011 and I never thought it would work for us, but we really enjoy it now.
It's worth looking into. ;)

Day 13, August 23

Food overload and a sad goodbye to friends - Part 1

It was our last full day before we were going on our summer cruises and we still had some chores to do and some more packing.
We got up around 7.30 and put on another load of laundry while we were getting ready. When we were ready we put on the dryer and headed out to have breakfast. Again we made our way over to Wolfgang Puck’s Express.
But this time we had decided to share a breakfast and just order a side with it. We entered the restaurant and were greeted by Maritza again. So after we had placed our order, picked up our drinks and found a table she came over to chat a bit.
She then went to bring out our order,

IMG_5264.jpg

the Crispy Cornflake French Toast, served with seasonal fruit and some syrup and

IMG_5265.jpg

a side of bacon. There were three large slices of French Toast and we were not able to finish that one order. The bacon was crisp and helped counteract the sweetness of the Cornflake toast.
When we were nearly done, Maritza came over to chat with us some more, before we said our goodbyes and headed over to Goofy’s to spend some of our counter service credits. We picked up a few bags of candy to hand out as Fish Extender gifts and then had the idea of getting

IMG_5266.jpg

a cake pop for Maritza’s little boy. Once everything was paid for we headed back and handed Maritza her little gift and getting fun comments from the other servers.
On our way back to the car we stopped at the Once Upon a Toy store to pick up a very soft Mickey for Angelina, Michelle's daughter, who loves everything Mickey. Then we headed back to the car and offsite again to the Dollar Store as we still needed some bags and extra gifts for our Fish Extender.
While driving to the nearest Dollar Store we went past a WalMart and stopped there as well. We didn’t buy much, just a few small bits and pieces and then went to the Dollar Store, where we found everything we needed.
It was shocking to see that with all the shopping it had gotten past midday and we were hungry again.
We still had counter service credits to spend, so we stopped at Downtown Disney and walked over to the Cookes of Dublin. Since the restaurant is pretty small we weren’t sure to find a seat inside, but we got lucky. We placed our order, then picked up our Diet Cokes and found a nice table along the wall. A little later our buzzer went off and Tom went to pick up our order. Tom had ordered

IMG_5270.jpg

IMG_5271.jpg

the Georges Bank Hand Battered Atlantic Scallops, which were served with English chips. I had ordered

IMG_5269.jpg

The Original One & One, Fish & Chips, which also came with English chips and freshly made tartar sauce. Both dishes were freshly made and very good and we took our time enjoying them.
Once we were done we walked back to the pick up location and got our dessert,

IMG_5273.jpg

soft serve vanilla and chocolate swirl. We took them outside and ate as fast as we could as the ice cream turned into soup quickly in the early afternoon heat. We strolled through the rest of Pleasure Island and then headed back to the car and finally our villa.

To be continued ............

mmm. Cookes of Dublin, I don't even if I know about this place, but it sounds good.

Jen, if you have never been, you have to give Cookes a try. The Fish and chips are awesome. Very similar to the one we had in Britain (the real, European version ;))

Love your TR so far and can't wait to hear about your Dream adventures!

Thank you! I am glad you enjoy reading along. Not much longer and we'll board the beautiful Disney Dream. :goodvibes

Ahhhhh....des' favorite....cornflake French toast (she loves that stuff).

Would you believe we've never done Cookies of Dublin? It's on our list of places to try.

And I'm now drooling over that ice cream.

Karin, you and Tom are so thoughtful. :hug:

Cookes of Dublin looks yummy!! I couldn't touch the scallops, but the Fish and Chips look so yummy! It had been far to long between my Disney trips - I hadn't even heard of Cookes!!

Love the food pics!!! :teeth:

Ahhhhh....des' favorite....cornflake French toast (she loves that stuff).

Would you believe we've never done Cookies of Dublin? It's on our list of places to try.

And I'm now drooling over that ice cream.

I was really happy Tom was willing to share it with me, the portion is huge (and sweet), more than enough for the two of us and the salty bacon helped a lot with the sweetness of the Cornflake French toast.

You have NEVER been to Cookes? You need to try it next time. They also have really yummy pies! I so want to try one next time we go. :thumbsup2

Oh, no!! I didn't mean Rosie is strange!!! :worried: Never! Definitely special, Karin :hug:

:goodvibes

Karin, you and Tom are so thoughtful. :hug:

Cookes of Dublin looks yummy!! I couldn't touch the scallops, but the Fish and Chips look so yummy! It had been far to long between my Disney trips - I hadn't even heard of Cookes!!

Love the food pics!!! :teeth:

Maritza is just so special to us ..... so a little treat is nothing big!

Cookes definitely is very nice and yummy food!
The Fish and Chips are so good. They even offer Malt Vinegar - :cloud9:
They also offer yummy pies, so maybe you should consider it for your grannies trip. :goodvibes

Hi Karin! I thought I posted here last night, but I think it was on your other thread where I referred to your "other thread" :lmao: Or maybe my computer froze up and I gave up :confused3

anyway, loved hearing about your DISmeets! So great you have met so many wonderful friends here!

It's nice when it rains and everyone clears out - it gives you almost a private vacation for a little while! :beach:

Hi Karin! I thought I posted here last night, but I think it was on your other thread where I referred to your "other thread" :lmao: Or maybe my computer froze up and I gave up :confused3

anyway, loved hearing about your DISmeets! So great you have met so many wonderful friends here!

It's nice when it rains and everyone clears out - it gives you almost a private vacation for a little while! :beach:

I know, very confusing since I have several threads running, but I am trying to post as fast as I can. ;)

It was fun meeting so many "new" people, even though it feels like you have known them forever, since you share so much time and a love for Disney here on the DIS. :thumbsup2

I am going to have to have that cornflake french toast someday!!! It looks like something I would totally love.

We tried Cooks of Dublin last month (can you believe I can say last month already?) What I tried was one of my favorites of the trip. MMMM... I always seem to come away from each trip with something that makes me dream about it. (this last trip there were two) I too tried the soft serve for dessert (using a dp credit there really wasn't a choice) I was not impressed with it.... my meal though... yup, now I am drooling. YUM!

I am going to have to have that cornflake french toast someday!!! It looks like something I would totally love.

We tried Cooks of Dublin last month (can you believe I can say last month already?) What I tried was one of my favorites of the trip. MMMM... I always seem to come away from each trip with something that makes me dream about it. (this last trip there were two) I too tried the soft serve for dessert (using a dp credit there really wasn't a choice) I was not impressed with it.... my meal though... yup, now I am drooling. YUM!

The cornflakes toast is really good, Ann, just get someone to share it with you, it is far too much for one person to eat! :goodvibes

I am glad you liked Cookes of Dublin. I remember that we had a short conversation here on the DIS about it. Their main courses are SO yummy! And like you, I think there is not much choice for dessert. I am not a huge fan of soft serve in the first place and in the summer you either have to eat it inside or "drink" it. :rotfl2: I am such a slow eater, mine is always melted. :rotfl:

The cornflakes toast is really good, Ann, just get someone to share it with you, it is far too much for one person to eat! :goodvibes

I am glad you liked Cookes of Dublin. I remember that we had a short conversation here on the DIS about it. Their main courses are SO yummy! And like you, I think there is not much choice for dessert. I am not a huge fan of soft serve in the first place and in the summer you either have to eat it inside or "drink" it. :rotfl2: I am such a slow eater, mine is always melted. :rotfl:

I have found on this last trip that sharing really helped. It made it so that I could enjoy all the yummies I wanted to without filling up too much.

And yes... we had a short conversation. The plan (per our conversation) was for me to try both WGP and Cooks of Dublin for lunch. It ended up being that Steve wanted Cooks too... and so we didn't make it to WGP.

As for "drinking" the soft serve. Yeah ::yes::... lets just say it was a good thing we had a cup with a lid and straw. :rotfl:

I have found on this last trip that sharing really helped. It made it so that I could enjoy all the yummies I wanted to without filling up too much.

And yes... we had a short conversation. The plan (per our conversation) was for me to try both WGP and Cooks of Dublin for lunch. It ended up being that Steve wanted Cooks too... and so we didn't make it to WGP.

As for "drinking" the soft serve. Yeah ::yes::... lets just say it was a good thing we had a cup with a lid and straw. :rotfl:

Sharing definitely is the way to go, especially if you have several things you want to try. Tom and I often do it. Gets me two treats instead of one. :rotfl2:

Day 13, August 23

Food overload and a sad goodbye to friends - Part 2

We strolled through the rest of Pleasure Island and then headed back to the car and finally our villa.

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

IMG_5276.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

I did the rest of our laundry and packed up our most of our stuff, while Tom took another dip in the Jacuzzi. Time seemed to just fly by and it was time again to go out and have another meal. This time our meal was at the Yacht Club Resort, at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. We arrived a litte ahead of time and had a peek into the store, before walking over to the restaurant and signing in.
There was quite a line and it took some time to sign in and everyone was told that there would be at least a 20 minute wait. We were told that we were welcome to wait in the Crew Cup Lounge.

IMG_5277.jpg

Since there was ample seating we walked in and decided on having a drink before our meal.
We had just placed our order when our beeper went off.

IMG_5278.jpg

Tom’s beer wasn’t a big problem, but they still had to prepare my

IMG_5279.jpg

IMG_5280.jpg

Pineapple Upside Down Martini, Skyy Infused Pineapple Vodka, Frangelico, Pina Colada Mix and freshly squeezed lemon juice, topped with whipped cream. We waited at the bar until the drinks were ready, paid the bill and headed over to the check in desk. A host was already waiting and took us over to our table.

To be continued ............

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter