If the new gondola, Skyliner, is successful, will they create more lines?

Well, I think 8000 episodes of House Hunters has shown us that "budget" is really just a suggestion that can be ignored if there was s something you really want ... and has open concept and granite countertops

What a bunch of luddites that must be. Everyone has quartz now!

I actually think the idea of pricing based on location makes more sense than the current pricing structure. I figured that was why AKL, for instance, was always so affordable. I stayed once and it was lovely, but yeah...never again. The location and, at the time, the lack of car services, was just a huge drawback. I mean, I LOVE the CR, because 1) Mary Blair and 2) it tries for modern. The little kid in me loves the monorail going through it and of course, they are charging a premium for that. Positing pricing based on location makes so much more sense to me as a consumer. Being able to stumble back and forth to Epcot :-)sad2:), has a definite monetary value.

Well, I think 8000 episodes of House Hunters has shown us that "budget" is really just a suggestion that can be ignored if there was s something you really want ... and has open concept and granite countertops

You mean the people sitting on their couches watching and NOT going to Disney world?

"I'd like to open up the wall here and bring in some natural light. Maybe some french doors"

You're kidding yourself look at all the crap Dis'ners will take from the mouse. The fact the Pulse shooter cased Disney Springs didn't change anyone's habits.

Haven't the security check points been pulled further back at the park entrances post Pulse so that an attack wouldn't damage a park itself?

Hi, have we met?

You didn't seriously lecture me on the gluttony of punishment from disney that the bucket brigade bathes in, did you?

I'm not doubting that at all...there's just a "couple" of thousand posts to back that up...

...a terror event would be transcendent. There was hysteria in 2001 and there was no threat. And the place was DEAD for two years after. Those are not coincidental.

If a bus were to have something happen...it wouldn't likely make it less
Impactful than a boat, train or cable car.

What other place on earth is built so heavily on perception?

An incident says "you're not safe"...different scenario than Vegas...or even pulse.

Pulse is surrounded by real people. People in wdw don't feature real brains.

Also, of course, the interior/exterior door and room service/pool issue will and should be factors on pricing, and that will never change.

Also, of course, the interior/exterior door and room service/pool issue will and should be factors on pricing, and that will never change.

See...not to revisit but this was the key gondola rant...

I agree with your stance...but the reality is damn near immediately the "they're going to LOCATION based pricing" was stated and shockingly accepted by many..

As if: "what's the problem?"

The hotels are different...because they were built to be. Of all the silly price excuses I've seen...this could be the worst if it plays out.

You pay $300 for pop century...you're lost and no map can find you.

Hi, have we met?

You didn't seriously lecture me on the gluttony of punishment from disney that the bucket brigade bathes in, did you?

I'm not doubting that at all...there's just a "couple" of thousand posts to back that up...

...a terror event would be transcendent. There was hysteria in 2001 and there was no threat. And the place was DEAD for two years after. Those are not coincidental.

If a bus were to have something happen...it wouldn't likely make it less
Impactful than a boat, train or cable car.

What other place on earth is built so heavily on perception?

An incident says "you're not safe"...different scenario than Vegas...or even pulse.

Pulse is surrounded by real people. People in wdw don't feature real brains.

We stayed at the GF with free dining for under $250nt and no crowds it was awesome. Kids even got to 'pilot' the monorail.

Also, deluxe properties were getting the free 3 table service meals DP back then and they hadn't gutted the DP yet. 2009 and 2010 weren't too bad either from the value for your $ standpoint.

Last edited:

The hotels are different...because they were built to be. Of all the silly price excuses I've seen...this could be the worst if it plays out.

I can't understand paying mod prices for exterior doors and limited/no room service, so I'm pretty much a weird WDW mutant on these boards, besides all the other things that make my love of WDW left of the boards. Disney keeps taking my money though...

I do think that better locations of course should be priced differently, but amenities are still a thing, and a really big thing, much more so than being able to get to HS on a gondola. Gondolas are neat though, but again, I never see myself using them. I'm glad WDW is bringing more interesting transportation options to the resort. I'm hoping for a catapult from the Swolphin to SWL. Go up say your height and weight and they shoot you over. I would pay a lot extra for that, or a trebuchet. I'm pay more for a trebuchet.

We stayed at the GF with free dining for under $250nt and no crowds it was awesome. Kids even got to 'pilot' the monorail.

Also, deluxe properties were getting the free 3 table service meals DP back then and they hadn't gutted the DP yet. 2009 and 2010 weren't too bad either from the value for your $ standpoint.

There actually was no dining plan back then...I believe it started in 2005.

It was still deluxe/discovery magic back then...coupon system with no daily fee assigned...just a package price upfront.

They did dining promos that resulted in a similar situation though...

There actually was no dining plan back then...I believe it started in 2005.

It was still deluxe/discovery magic back then...coupon system with no daily fee assigned...just a package price upfront.

They did dining promos that resulted in a similar situation though...

I'm getting old. It was likely during the Great Recession.

At the rate of Iger's price increases...in a few years she will not only have to pick more apples...
...she's gonna have to "squeeze" them as well ::yes::

well, at least we will be able to bring our dog with us now ... which is of course a miniature multi-poo that fits in my wife's bag

See...not to revisit but this was the key gondola rant...

I agree with your stance...but the reality is damn near immediately the "they're going to LOCATION based pricing" was stated and shockingly accepted by many..

As if: "what's the problem?"

I have to wonder, at what point does it go beyond "buyer beware" when most people figure a hotel room for that price is going to be on par. I can't imagine most people are going to go through the sq footage and compare side by side. And yet, once they get there, after paying nearly $200 a night after taxes, they have a room smaller than their spare/guest bedroom. I guess the brilliance is, if they're all expensive then it's "cheaper" by comparison...

I have to wonder, at what point does it go beyond "buyer beware" when most people figure a hotel room for that price is going to be on par. I can't imagine most people are going to go through the sq footage and compare side by side. And yet, once they get there, after paying nearly $200 a night after taxes, they have a room smaller than their spare/guest bedroom. I guess the brilliance is, if they're all expensive then it's "cheaper" by comparison...

What blows the scheme is if people move around...if they bring "up" the lower prices to come closer to the higher ones - which is all they can do as they can't sell the deluxes at their prices - then it can lead to where people think wilderness at $400 is "great" but caribbean is a "dump" at $300...

...they'd be right, by the way, but it could Cause booking problems.

What blows the scheme is if people move around...if they bring "up" the lower prices to come closer to the higher ones - which is all they can do as they can't sell the deluxes at their prices - then it can lead to where people think wilderness at $400 is "great" but caribbean is a "dump" at $300...

...they'd be right, by the way, but it could Cause booking problems.

Yeah that's why I went with WL this past summer. AP discount got me around 249 a night there, not that much of a jump from a "preferred" at Riverside, and a much better location. Thankfully the room size was a non-issue, but for more than 3 I can see it being a problem. Well you've spoken of Kohl's pricing before, maybe this is getting things reset to back to that. But with this, they have to know no one is actually gonna pay inflated rates for a value so they would have to swap the percentages to make it work. 30% off an overpriced value starts to look like a "great deal" and that doesn't require them to continue the fast inflation of those already overpriced deluxe rooms.

Yeah that's why I went with WL this past summer. AP discount got me around 249 a night there, not that much of a jump from a "preferred" at Riverside, and a much better location. Thankfully the room size was a non-issue, but for more than 3 I can see it being a problem. Well you've spoken of Kohl's pricing before, maybe this is getting things reset to back to that. But with this, they have to know no one is actually gonna pay inflated rates for a value so they would have to swap the percentages to make it work. 30% off an overpriced value starts to look like a "great deal" and that doesn't require them to continue the fast inflation of those already overpriced deluxe rooms.

What it does is completely and permanently kill the moderate income affordability.

Caribbean and all stars were built WITH PURPOSE. It wasn't to be "faux deluxe" later.

So it brings deluxes back down to "more reasonable" in comparison...but knocks the lowers tiers completely out of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter