If parks close tomorrow, how to get to resort restaurants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did they officially close the parks for tomorrow or is this a 'if' they do question.
I've never really heard of WDW closing the parks, it's so rare

So did they officially close the parks for tomorrow or is this a 'if' they do question.

Parks will close at 5 pm today and will be closed all day tomorrow - it's official. Ditto to all PP's advice. Stock up on food and water and stay in your room. If you are at a hotel with interior corriders, consider yourself lucky as you'll at least be able to go to those resort restaurants. There is absolutely no way anyone will be able to travel resort to resort during the storm tomorrow.

So, with the parks closed and people probably needing to stay in their room/at their resort, what happens to all those leftover dining plan credits?? Are they just out of luck? Do you think Disney will reimburse part of their money? Just wondering.

Be Safe Everyone. We were in a lock down years ago at Disney. Being at a mod with exterior door meant we were stuck in the room without the extra space/options of being able to use common space within an interior Door resort. Despite that we did just fine.

Stock up now on some items... If they are still available at the resort stores.

Parks are officially closed Thursday and Friday

I would use some of your dining credits to stock up for the room. 1. Make sure you have enough water. Yes, there is a tap in your room but in serious situations it might not be potable. 2. Go buy some food. PB sandwiches are great. If your food court has them go get some. You might consider an UBER trip to a 7/11 if possible to get some other food items. Knowing Disney, I'm sure they are stocking up on some basics like bottled water, ready to eat meals, etc for the resorts should there be a power loss. BUT I would have food/ granola bars/ protein bars/ cereal/ etc something to eat just in case.

Years back, they cancelled all ADRs at the resturants in the hotel. Resuraunt went to a first come, first serverd for the whole day. I do not remember there being any issue with getting food. They had plenty of activities for the kids inside the hotel. We were at the Widerness Lodge.

Having said that, please do not make any assumptions that anything will be available. My advise, be overly prepared. Head back to your hotel now. Get some food, get some drinks. Charge those cell phones, laptops and tablets. Pick up a deck of cards. You should already have a flashlight with you (I always carry one in the parks). Perhaps some glow sticks as well.

This way, you too can have those "Remember that time we were in Disney and they closed because of the Huricane" funny stories.

You may also lose some magic during and right after the storm. Disney will clean up fast, but there will be some lingering impact. Do not be surprised to see some trees in the park cut down with the stumps roped off. Lots of trees down in the woods. Some rides may take longer to be inspected before they reopen.

Most important, stay put and be safe...

Hey there...

So having been directly affected by Sandy, I'm gonna go ahead and advise you to stay put. I know, it's ruining your vacation—it stinks—but if I were you I'd go to QS right now, grab a ton of sandwiches, snacks, etc, then stay put in your room and hang out.

Fortunately it's not hitting Orlando (knock on wood) but Orlando will certainly see the affects of it.

If there's one place I expect to treat their customers correctly and weather the storm (pun intended) it's Disney. Expect them to have activities for kids and to make the resorts as fun as possible for guests.

Best of luck. I know that's not what you wanna hear, but Disney has to keep its guests AND CMs safe. I doubt they have much bus service tomorrow and I wouldn't recommend making a taxi or Uber come out.

I sincerely hope the hoarding thing will be under control, you may only need 5 sandwiches but there will be people getting a dozen. Times like this can bring out the worst in people.

Here now, lots of cms saying they have been told parks may close tomorrow. If so, is there a way to get to resort dining from another resort?
You are not seriously thinking of traveling from one resort to another to get to dinner during a hurricane? Please, just stay in your own resort.

So, with the parks closed and people probably needing to stay in their room/at their resort, what happens to all those leftover dining plan credits?? Are they just out of luck? Do you think Disney will reimburse part of their money? Just wondering.

Maybe, for the folks who paid for the dining plan. For those still on free dining, I seriously doubt they'll receive any compensation.

Maybe, for the folks who paid for the dining plan. For those still on free dining, I seriously doubt they'll receive any compensation.

I doubt anyone will get reimbursed for dining credits. People on the dining plan should be using their quick service and snack credits today to stock up their rooms for tomorrow. Then they can book 2 TS restaurants on Saturday. There will probably be lots of ADR availability.

If people do receive some kind of compensation, it shouldn't matter whether the dining plan was "free". They're paying for the free dining through the cost of their room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter