If only 1 choice where'd you go?

ADVMOM

Earning My Ears
If after checking all other tour groups and I still decide to book with ABD....What is the best destination you experts would return to? I had planned Italy but now feel this may not be the best trip for the price. I finally talked my husband into a tour vacation (using 2009 catalogue prices) and he is pretty upset about the jump in price and lack of EBD.

I have only done Backstage Magic with my son and have been saving up for Italy with my husband. I have two other couples now interested and I'm afraid to tell them about the drastic increase in price. Would anyone be willing to tell me what they think the best destination for the price in 2010?

We're looking for active, fun, not a lot of crowds and plenty of adventures that I'd never think of doing on my own. It could be anywhere. What would you seasoned experts recommend if you could go to any destination?

You just have to go with what looks the best for what you want out of a vacation. My son and I did Italy, which was great and we loved it. My daughter has been eyeing Quest for the West - more activities and more outdoorsy stuff, which is what she likes. I would rather do Alaska. So, it's all personal preference. I can tell you that Italy was not really "activity-oriented" - it was more "tour-oriented", if that makes sense. We walked a lot and saw a lot and ate a lot, and it really was a wonderful trip - so memorable and perfectly planned - but we didn't DO things. Hope you get what I'm trying to say!;)

Depends on when you want to go, too. We've done three (Italy in June 2007, China in June 2008 and London/Paris at Christmas 2008), with Germany planned for Christmas this year. We haven't done any of the US trips, but the reports on this site rave about them--seems like the Alaska one is coming in two thumbs up, and I'm nearly convinced to try that one as well. Italy/China will have crowds crowds crowds...the Alpine trip sounds really nice too. But if you like a bit of hiking and ziplining etc, maybe the South America trips would be worth looking into--and not such a long flight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter