If not Creative Memories, then who?

What do you guys use for adhesive? I have always used the CM tape runner, and I will need to find something else to finish up thr albums I have started. Thankfully, I went through my stuff a year or so ago and mDe sure I have enough pages and protectors to finish them--I hope.

I am not 100% sure what I will do,from here. I am several years and three partial Disney trips behind, most of this is at least started in CM albums. I am trying an online digital program for our recent trip, and I really like it. I may stick with that. DH is a photographer and has a full version of PS, and another program he uses to make albums for people, but I don't have the patience to learn it and I wouldn't have a clue where to find backgrounds, etc.

What digital program are you using? I considered doing digital for our upcoming trip. Of course, all my digital Disney stuff is CM. :(

I am using Heritage Makers. It's a consultant-based program, sort of like CM. I went to a class my MIL hosted for her friend, and it seemed easy enough. They have online tutorials, too. You can sign up for a basic account for free, then you have to pay for a membership to get the better backgrounds and embellishments. There is nothing to download, everything is online. You upload your pics to the site and work from there. It seems a little more expensive than traditional scrapping, but that may be because I stocked up on things and only bought new when I needed it. I also looked at Snapfish's books, but I liked the HM better.

**Disclaimer: I am not employed by or affiliated with Heritage Makers, only a customer

Since Cm pulled out of the UK I've used "My Stik" tape runner - comes in permanent, repositional and ne I can't remember, all interchangeable In the same holder (even mid-tape). I prefer it to the CM tape runner, it doesn't get stuck so often or the tape get squiffy - or was that just me?

For frosted splits I use Scrapbook Adhesives mounting squares - I love that I can get a box of 1000!

We don't have Hobby Lobby or anything like that here - one chain which is over-priced, otherwise you have to be lucky and find an independent, or else order online.:sad2:

What do you guys use for adhesive? I have always used the CM tape runner, and I will need to find something else to finish up thr albums I have started. Thankfully, I went through my stuff a year or so ago and mDe sure I have enough pages and protectors to finish them--I hope.

I use an ATG by Scotch. You can get refills at Most craft stores. I switched to this one because I A) kept breaking my CM adhesive roller and B) would constantly run out of tape at 2 in the morning

bigbabyblues said:

I am not 100% sure what I will do,from here. I am several years and three partial Disney trips behind, most of this is at least started in CM albums. I am trying an online digital program for our recent trip, and I really like it. I may stick with that. DH is a photographer and has a full version of PS, and another program he uses to make albums for people, but I don't have the patience to learn it and I wouldn't have a clue where to find backgrounds, etc.

I love love love the bazzill marathon runner. It's the best tape runner I have found.

I had the same issues as buffy, running out and not getting more. Bazzill can be found in stores now but I get mine online. :)

They had a tape runner similar to the CM one at Archivers the other day. I thought a company was getting the jump on CM customers. They had tons of them on a rounder display by the checkout.

Has anyone found anything similar to creative memories cutting system - the templates with the round cutting blades used to cut photos? I love being able to cut my photos and then a backing paper of the same shape. My templates will hold up over time but I'm not sure about the 3 pack of different sized blades. The blades are getting expensive on ebay and I'd love to find a replacement!

They had a tape runner similar to the CM one at Archivers the other day. I thought a company was getting the jump on CM customers. They had tons of them on a rounder display by the checkout.

Thank you. The nearest Archiver's is 3 hours away, but we do get there once a year or so. I'll add this to my list to check out.

Has anyone found anything similar to creative memories cutting system - the templates with the round cutting blades used to cut photos? I love being able to cut my photos and then a backing paper of the same shape. My templates will hold up over time but I'm not sure about the 3 pack of different sized blades. The blades are getting expensive on ebay and I'd love to find a replacement!

If you go to the CM website under "find a consultant" or something similar, you can get the contact info for consultants in your area. I emailed several, looking for a couple items that were gone and they had the items. FWIW.

Hey, I haven't been here in a while, and saw this thread. Just thought I would let anyone interested know what's been happening.

Ordering if or traditional is basically over. There are still some items available, but only consultants can place orders. If there is anything you need, call your CMC ASAP, as all ordering will cease Thursday, Sept 26.

Good news for CM SBC digital users. Panstoria made a very generous agreement with CM (wiped out a lot of CM debt) and all SBC and MM programs will work with the Panstoria Printshop until at least Dec 31. Panstoria will be offering a free upgrade for SBC that will allow direct upload to the Printshop.

The really good news for SBC and MM users is that if you buy Panstoria's software- which is almost the same as SBC and MM because Panstoria made SBC and MM and licensed them to CM- all of the content you bought from CM will work in Panstoria's Artisan program. Artisan is a more advanced form of SBC4, with several new features, including photo editing in the scrapbook program.

So, if you were lucky enough to get the CM Disney digital content, it will still work for, hopefully, a long time!:yay:

I've got MM -the only digital stuff we got over here- do I need to do something to make it carry on working? CM has withdrawn from Europe now :-(

I've got MM -the only digital stuff we got over here- do I need to do something to make it carry on working? CM has withdrawn from Europe now :-(

No, you don't need to do anything if it's install and working now, Mazda (except make sure you got everything backed up on a external drive). But no updates in the future so if there is a change/update to the operating system(windows) it might introduce 'bug' into MM and eventually not work. At that point you could get Panstoria Historian which will open all your vaults (It would be like an upgrade).

I made my calendars through Panstoria this year. They are exactly like the ones CM had, so it was easy to do since there was no learning curve.

Hi friends,
Can someone tell me which brand of pages you use that fit the OLD styl 12x12 from CM?

I am havnig brand issues.... the ones I bought were too wide for the old 12x12. They fit the true 12x12 just fine. Is it the Paper Studio that fits the old 12x12? and if so- as a page w/ protector or the side or top loaders? Or both?

I need to pull an album apart and check if we don't know which fit yet :)

Thanks, much!
T

I have this same question as well. I buy paper, sticker, ect from mostly big box stores when i can find them on sale but I have only used CM albums, pages and protectors. I've looked around and it doesn't seem like there many that have the flex-hinge in the albums. Right now I am trying to figure out what I need to finish the projects that I have in progress.

I have looked at the pocket type albums and pages that seem to be popular right now but I think that trying to figure out which pictures would go in each pocket (horizontial vs. vertical ) would drive me mad! I was planning on moving towards digital in a year or so...but now I guess it might be sooner rather than later. I just really like having the physical memorabila in the albums!

Christine

Hi,
First let me say that you are right. There are not alot of hinged albums. There are two places that I know that carry them (Archiver's which sadly just closed and Hobby Lobby).

In order to finish your projects, you need to decide what direction you want to head in (what you want to scrap and how you want to scrap it, in a way that will make you happy) Like you, I prefer traditional scrapbooking. But I had to come to the realization that in order to catch up, there is no way that I can scrapbook traditionally all of my own memories along with my clients' memories as well.

So I came up with a plan that I could be happy with... I decided that I wanted to continue traditionally my sons' albums (baby, school, birthdays, christmas, and of course our Disney vacations, etc.) Their sports, since I have actually started some of them, to continue traditionally and add in some project life (my style of course). I already completed 2 vacations digitally and 1 traditionally and can continue that. Everyday living will be scrapped project life style. My personal stuff I use smash books.

We R Memory Keepers have good quality page protectors, 12x12 and the pocket pages. They come in all different sizes and the sleeves are a little thicker than the other brands. I use alot of them for my PL style. My style includes everything from 12x12 traditional and digital scrapbook pages to the different pocket pages. I am not personally committed to any one brand. I use different brands depending on my needs at the time.

It looks more and more like CM is moving away from traditional scrapbooking with their Chapter 11 reorganization. Many of their traditional products (refill pages, page protectors) will be "last chance" in July.

If you don't use CM products, what quality traditional products do you use? I don't mind buying paper and stickers elsewhere, but I've only ever used CM albums.

I use many different brands depending on my needs at the time. But I have discovered We R Memory Keepers page protectors are a little thicker than the others. I also like their albums and the albums from Project Life.

For regular traditional scrapbooking, I purchased post bound albums from Hobby Lobby, Joanns and Micheals...so I can add as many pages to an album as I like.

I'm late to this discussion (and new to this board!), but thought I would chime in for those of you needing page protectors for your CM albums. Close To My Heart absorbed all the CM consultants in Australia and New Zealand when CM pulled out of Down Under! As a result, they have now released page protectors for the strap albums. I've never used CM albums, but, from what I understand, the page protectors are less expensive than the old CM pages. I use CTMH albums and page protectors and absolutely love the quality, so I'm sure the strap bound protectors will be excellent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter