If not Creative Memories, then who?

I just used my club credits to purchase three albums. If I had purchased pages alone for those albums, it would have been over $300. I just couldn't do that. My consultant still has stock, so I will probably buy her out next month.

I couldn't resist writing customer service and letting them know how disappointed I have been in their decisions. Their website gives no hints about their eminent business changes, except for a link that says Restructuring News at the bottom. Any new customer could still purchase digital products or join the club without knowing they are wasting their money.

EXACTLY and this is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth. I've been doing a lot of research over the past couple of days since they dropped the digital bomb and I am taking my printing elsewhere which I can get for about half the price and same quality and still create my custom covers.

I'm waiting to hear if CM will release digital content to Panstoria or what. I know they have to have their hand in it somehow based on the updates. I don't know if they leased SBC or created it for them. Their Artisan software is exactly the same as SBC and it is 72.50 through CM good for one computer or Artisan is 39.95 and installable on two computers.

Hate to say it but CM most likely has lost me as a customer and I've been one for over 11 years.

Had a thought - when I bought my first album, pages and protectors what really sold me was my then CM telling me that they carried a Lifetime Warranty. As long as the album contained ONLY CM product then it carried that warranty.

My early albums have only CM products in them but I guess the warranty is null now.

Anyone know when you can order from the July/August mini-catalog? My CM consultant is on an extended vacation.

Anyone know when you can order from the July/August mini-catalog? My CM consultant is on an extended vacation.

Our LEad was supposed to have the catalog 'stuff' today for an 'opening party' but it has not arrived...so not sure when that will be available to order. It should be on Monday but they are behind about 10 days minimum to fill current orders and have already shut down till July 8 all pages/protectors/ etc for the last chance sale.

FYI, new stuff online right now. Not sure when it went up, it wasn't there this morning.

Most albums, pages and protectors marked not available until July.

I went through my scrapbook hoard this evening. I mean my scrapbook supplies. ;)

To finish the albums I've started and the albums that I have but don't have pages in them yet, I would have to spend $363.96. I'm not comfortable spending that much money for scrapbook supplies right now. That's just the 12 X 12 albums I have. I have some 8 X 8 and 7 X 7 supplies but I'm too discouraged to look at them tonight to see what, if anything, I need to finish those.

I was trying not to get mad but I think I'm mad now. :furious: They're only taking orders for those from July 8th to the 31st. After that, nothing.

I had mentioned earlier in the thread about getting my stepmom a Picfolio album and pages for Mother's Day, how she had asked for 2 more packs of pages, maybe a 2nd album and that they're sold out on the website. My CM did check with other consultants she knows and nobody has any. I just looked on ebay for them and 1 pack, 8 hours left on the auction, is at $48.00 plus $8.00 shipping.

I feel so bad because I had been telling her for years how great CM was, finally got her to do something with her pictures and now she can't even get 1/3 of her pictures finished. :headache:

Tape runner refills are WSL, too. :headache:

Pages alone for me are around $250. Add page protectors to that, and... :faint:

I was so excited that I finally made digital 12x12 calendars last year. (Well, truth be told, it was a PITA, but that is because I don't normally do digital). The calendars are a 12x12 page with a tear-off calendar strip at the bottom. I bought everyone Pic-folios to go with them so they would be able to save the pages. Now I'm back to square one.

Bazzill makes an awesome tape runner.

I am super picky about tape runner. Only used cm for a long time. But Iove the bazzill. A few ladies on this board have bought them.

J's carries pages that fit the old size cm albums. I started buying them there when I couldn't get them anymore. Made by pioneer I think. They did the job. :) I have finished out my cm albums.

I went to Hobby Lobby today and bought hinge strap refill pages that fit the old 12 x 12 albums. They matched up perfectly with a creative memories page I brought with me. They also had true 12 x 12 pages and protectors. A 10 pack of the old 12 x 12 pages were $6.99.

I went to Hobby Lobby today and bought hinge strap refill pages that fit the old 12 x 12 albums. They matched up perfectly with a creative memories page I brought with me. They also had true 12 x 12 pages and protectors. A 10 pack of the old 12 x 12 pages were $6.99.

I think I will not panic about buying pages, then. I'll just have to order from HL online.

I've always made pages, because I could still work on my pictures and figured I could get coversets later.

Well, I'm 13 coversets behind! :sad2:

I ordered 5 this week and just hope I get them. I'll have to see when I get paid next if I can afford to order any. :confused3

I think I may switch to the 3 ring style, at least for my vacation albums.

I'm going to head to Hobby Lobby this week (it's about a 45 minute drive each way). Can you tell me if the page protectors for the pages at Hobby Lobby slide on sideways like the CM ones do?

Thanks so much!

I'm going to head to Hobby Lobby this week (it's about a 45 minute drive each way). Can you tell me if the page protectors for the pages at Hobby Lobby slide on sideways like the CM ones do?

Thanks so much!

They do! The only big difference is the HL doesn't have "extra" on top and bottom like the CM ones do so you will be able to tell the CM ones from the HL if they are all in the same book. I think it's a pretty minor detail and I'm pretty anal!

They do! The only big difference is the HL doesn't have "extra" on top and bottom like the CM ones do so you will be able to tell the CM ones from the HL if they are all in the same book. I think it's a pretty minor detail and I'm pretty anal!

Thanks so much!

My Hobby Lobby did not have page protectors for the smaller 12x12 pages. The did have the true 12x12 page protectors. I went ahead and bought the pages because I figured I could live without protectors in a pinch. I have 9 blank albums and was thrilled to still find the old 12x12 pages!

My Hobby Lobby did not have page protectors for the smaller 12x12 pages. The did have the true 12x12 page protectors. I went ahead and bought the pages because I figured I could live without protectors in a pinch. I have 9 blank albums and was thrilled to still find the old 12x12 pages!

If the HL page protectors slip on sideways like the CM protectors, you could buy the bigger true 12x12 protectors and cut them to fit the smaller page. That's what was recommended to me when CM did the switch from the old 12x12 to the true 12x12.

CM just sent out that they side loading page protectors will NOT be back in the new CM; but that anything ordered in the last change - cover sets, pages, page protectors, tape runner refills - will be produced and sent. It may take a month or two.....
Digital - they have not made final decisions on but will be different.

Digital - If you have any 'coupons' use before August 21!

What do you guys use for adhesive? I have always used the CM tape runner, and I will need to find something else to finish up thr albums I have started. Thankfully, I went through my stuff a year or so ago and mDe sure I have enough pages and protectors to finish them--I hope.

I am not 100% sure what I will do,from here. I am several years and three partial Disney trips behind, most of this is at least started in CM albums. I am trying an online digital program for our recent trip, and I really like it. I may stick with that. DH is a photographer and has a full version of PS, and another program he uses to make albums for people, but I don't have the patience to learn it and I wouldn't have a clue where to find backgrounds, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter