• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If any one needs help, if you ever encounter a problem at HRH

As someone who was thrilled with the response and service they received at the HRH, I too have to ask kaitly what it is she would like them to do? Perhaps if she had something specific in mind that would make her happy, they could address this. Maybe they thought, as I think most would, that they made up for the mistake made by accounting? Perhaps if you told them what you are looking for, they would be able to help you Kaity. What do you consider "fair compensation?"

What do you consider "fair compensation?"
I am appropriately keeping that between myself and Loews, as this is how I feel comfortable with doing, sorry.

I just experienced a similar problem at a hotel in Albany, NY on Presidents weekend. We just stayed one night, but they held our debit card for a whole weeks stay (my dh was there for work and the state paid the 1st 4 nights). He made them correct the bill so they then charged us for one more night....the 5 nights would be corrected in accounting....Well we now had 6 nights held instead of 1 night. Guess what...since it was a holiday weekend they couldn't get it straightened out until Tuesday when the banks opened again. Needless to say, we had quite a bit of money (basically cash) held up that we couldn't get to. We spoke with everyone involved (not a loews hotel, by the way). Was it a hassle...YES, did we get a free night out of it...NO (mistakes happen)...What did we learn...Never use a Debit Card at a hotel!

I'm sorry this is stressing you out so much kaity, but move on there are much more important things in life......I count my blessings every day, my DH works for the NYS police and is also a volunteer fireman...He safe and healthy and we're able to go on vacation!

okay, I'll now step down off my soapbox!

What do you consider "fair compensation?" I am appropriately keeping that between myself and Loews, as this is how I feel comfortable with doing, sorry

I'm sorry IT'S NOT FAIR FOR YOU TO PRESENT PART OF THE PICTURE. You've seen fit to print copies of your letters to Loews , provide names and addresses of Loews employees and suggest people contact you with their problems. HRH solved your problem IN THEIR OPINION you should be willing to share your expectation to what else is fair. Did the temporary overcharge cause you to pay bank fees that were not reimbursed? Was one or more employees so rude to you that they should be fired or discipled? DO YOU THINK YOUR STAY SHOULD BE FREE BECAUSE OF SOME ACCOUNTING PROBLEMS?
It sounds like you are trying trash Loews in this board to attempt to secure other compensation.

Well then I have to agree that if you aren't willing to disclose what it is you want from them, then this is a totally one-sided arguement and you shouldn't discuss any of it. Perhaps what you are asking for is completely ridiculous. How can anyone judge?

Since you are only willing to present certain aspects of this situation, I think this doesn't belong on a public forum either and can see why some of your posts were deleted.

If you incurred bank fees I think of course you should be reimbursed. It seems they removed the overcharges which I have had happen many times at hotel stays. Normally you simply point them out and the overcharges are removed at check-out. Was that not the case? Short of that, IMO, the free night compensated for your trouble. Anyway that's my opinion, for what it's worth. You're more than welcome to continue the tirade against Loews, but I can't see how it will help you

If any one needs help, if you ever encounter a problem at HRH
I can supply with names of management and addresses. I had a problem that is still be worked out, and for some reason my posts are being deleted. So if anyone needs some very helpful and important information email me.

cforza: Well then I have to agree that if you aren't willing to disclose what it is you want from them, then this is a totally one-sided arguement and you shouldn't discuss any of it."How can anyone judge?"

Answer: You're not to judge who asked you? this is not an arguement as you have pointed out. This is a thread about if you need help, I can supply the neccessary contact information. That's all. (see above original post)

Cforza: Since you are only willing to present certain aspects of this situation, I think this doesn't belong on a public forum either and can see why some of your posts were deleted.

Answer: The reason for the original deletion was because people like yourself like to question and argue what a person should and shouldn't expect from managemnet when they encounter a problem. Unless you have a stake in Loews Corporation I don't see why you pick the large conglomerate over the little individual, but once again that's your right.

Lewisc: DO YOU THINK YOUR STAY SHOULD BE FREE BECAUSE OF SOME ACCOUNTING PROBLEMS?
It sounds like you are trying trash Loews in this board to attempt to secure other compensation.

Answer: Is that would make you fell compensated? I never said anything like that, but I am glad that is what would make you happy, but that's what you said not me, you're putting words in my mouth.

I had not posted my thread to solicit information from the the members of this board, I am more than able to write an appropriate letter and only sought to relay what occured and if anyone had a similar situation (which you apparently have not) that I would share what imformation I recieved from the Loews corporation.
I'm sorry

Lewisc: IT'S NOT FAIR FOR YOU TO PRESENT PART OF THE PICTURE.

Fair to whom? what are you talking about? I am not asking you for your opinion I am posting to provide information, NOT recieve information. I guess I wasn't clear, oh well my fault again.

This is what my post was to begin with. since you two never encounter a problem with HRH and don't expect to, then my post does not pertain to you and your current situation.

I did not post my thread to be judged by you whether I am worthy of any compensation above and beyond what had been offered.

I have had over 7 people privately seek me out to give them information of names and address to write to for the Loews Corporation, they have had similar experiences. This is not a pleasant experience for anyone of us.

I am not on a triade against Loews Hotels, and you have expressed your opinon and you have been heard loud and clear, that you feel that a free night should satisify me. I thank you for telling me what should and should not satisfy me, without you I wouldn't know what to want and not want.

Besides this is not an arguement as you have pointed out. This is a thread about if you need help, I can supply the neccessary contact information. That's all, what part of this sounds like.... Can someone tell me what I should do, what I should feel
or what I should say about what happened to me at the Hard Rock Hotel???

cforza:

sorry, you had questions, I had answers. why ask? unless they where just rhetorical in nature and I missed the boat, I apologize.

re: fair compensation for the unthinkable horror of having 1500 held against your debit card.
If your next stop was a Disney Hotel where you would be likely to pay more fore one night's lodging than for the past 3 nights@ HRH plus admission to the parks, and then you found out there was a credit card foulup... well wouldn't that push you right over the edge? I would demand 1st class airfare and a week's free room, board, park admission, and souvineers for at least 6 people (and let's not forget the chocolates on the pillows)...
Okay, back from neverland and wondering about 2 things:

1. Had this happened to me I would me MORE upset with the credit/debit card company for not being more responsive and available. I know my company has real time representatives 24/7 for clearing up problems, and they have come through for me big time on more than one occassion. All the friday/weekend/bookeeeping office runarounds from the bank did not seem to make her demand that they do penance for their sins. I would no longer be paying any kinds of fees or interest to the bank for that kind of abuse!

2. No matter what wrong was done, once you accept an offer of compensation you cannot go back and say well gee that wasn't enough, now I want more. No law in the land would back you up there.

Kaitly I wish you well and I hope you get whatever it is you are seeking, but you have been making posts for weeks now trying to convince people about the terrible place that HRH is.
Though you claim it is you intention to help people with similar problems, you must know that the 10, or 7 or whatever number you claim have contacted you pale in comparison to the thousands of satisfied customers that have stayed in that hotel. No business in the world is run without errors and it's not like they told you to take a hike when you were not satified with all their efforts. They DID work with you evey step of the way.
Plus anyone that wants to can open a phone book or call he hotel itself for the contact information you have found.
You posted weeks ago and got many sympathetic replies but at this point you are really starting to come off as having a greedy personal agenda, and while I fully expect a tirade similar to what you launched at others, I suggest we all call a time out now before this thread also bites the dust.
PEACE OUT
:cool:

suzysezso:
greedy personal agenda, and while I fully expect a tirade similar to what you launched at others

I guess I am damned if I do, damned if I don't. I can't get a break with you. If I answer your pleasant comments like the above then I am on a triade if I don't answer then, well then I get to keep my self respect, so yeah that's what I'll do. Enjoy your vacations and I actually hope this nor something similuar ever happens to you. Honestly is not fun.

qestion, What additional compensation you are seeking? Since you refuse to answer the question and your husband previously agreed to compensation I too must conclude you are being greedy.

I have asked this question before, and here it is again.

Why do people use debit cards????:confused: :confused: :confused:

If you use a credit card, you have so much more power.

Just wondering...........

I agree. If any good comes out of this thread it is to warn people to NOT use a debit card when traveling (or making major purchases). If you need a refund, it's a lot easier with a credit card, or if there is a problem, you haven't actually put out any cash with the credit card, as you have with the debit. Once they use a debit card, your money is gone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter