• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If any one needs help, if you ever encounter a problem at HRH

kaitlynangel

Mouseketeer
I can supply with names of management and addresses. I had a problem that is still be worked out, and for some reason my posts are being deleted. So if anyone needs some very helpful and important information email me. I am tired of being deleted, so you'll have to come to me if you need help, I can't post to you.

I just sent you a private message requesting the info. I didn't even know that there were private messages! I learn something every day.

I noticed that the other day kaitlynangel....whats up with that?

Barry...Renee...anyone...why are posts being deleted? I for one was interested to see the outcome of her complaint to see if it was resolved.

Thanks,
E..:p

ooops..excuse me....

I meant Robinrs...not Renee...she is on another board....
my apologies

E..

I think they have ways of deleting things that might give people a little too much info.

We had our rental car stolen in Disney parking lot a few years back, (full of luggage, camcorder, gof clubs, ect.) we were leaving the next morning for the airport.

Well we had a real problem, to make a very long story short by the time security got all the info and kept telling us... it has to be here, I KNOW MY CAR WAS IN PLUTO. By this time it is 3:00 am no car, no sleep, no room, (we were staying at inlaws in
Deland, 1 hr away) 3 small children under 6. They would not even put us up in a resort for a few hrs. of sleep, anyways i was telling someone on the dis. board and they kept deleting it, I guess they have a very big problem with car theft in their lots, this is what i was told by the cabie.

We still go to Dis. but prefer HRH and PB nothing like FOTL when it is 90 out.

So don't leave valubles, you never know.

what posts do you think were deleted? I found all of the complaint posts you did last month simply by clicking on your name to get your profile and then clicking "search for all posts".
While your problems were too real, and I do hope they are resolved to your satisfaction, I really don't think there's any big conspiracy here. You have to understand how a bulletin board works:
When no new posts are made to a thread it fades to the back of the boards in favor of newer threads and posts. That is why you sometimes see people "bump" a thread by entering a new post just to get it back to the front page. If you are looking for a post by flipping through pages it can easily be overlooked.
:jester:

I beg to differ with you Suzyzeso...but I just did a search on her name. The last post she did regarding this problem has disappeared. Now, maybe it was unintentionally deleted, I have no clue but the one I'm referring to had the actually body of her letter to the corporate office in it.

I was quite interested to see the outcome as I had a problem (not as severe as Kaitlynangels) there also last fall but am willing to give it another try. I thought her letter was very well written and was curious to see if it was resolved.

I hope Kaitlynangel that you will at least inform me via private message and I do hope you receive satisfaction to your vacation fiasco.

Good luck once again Kaitlynangel,
E..:p

One or more of kaitlynangel's threads were deleted. I never saw a response as to my question as to what she wanted. The overcharges had already been corrected and her husband had already agreed to 1 free night (out of a 3 night stay) as compensation. It would have been helpful if she could have told the HR (and us) what else she expected.

The post was deleted because it became argumentative and hard to control, not due to the content. We have no reason to try to hide anything from readers due to too much information... goodNESS people, we don't work for Universal, there is no hidden agenda.

I thought it was a lone moderator on a grassy knoll.

Thanks everyone, I thought I was going crazy. Many of my posts have been deleted, as for the argumentative nature of the posts, well I can't count the number of post in three years on these boards that have gone on for pages and pages that contained an argumentative poster or two, so I am at a lost for why this subject got so much attention. But thanks again.

yes, i had been given a free night as some kind of compensation for having over $1500 tied up above the $600 I owed and the scooby-doo characther dinner screw up and the room I reserved was wrong and a slew of things went wrong (charged me for a roll away bed that I never saw nor ordered, charged me a refrigerator that died after having it for 5 hours, and lost alot of pershiables) so on and so forth, so maybe everyone else in this world would have been pacified by a single night free stay. Well I wasn't, (sorry to offend anyone) but since all this crap happened to me, I have a right to what I think, should have been fair compensation above and beyond a free night.

Anyway just to update everyone, Ms. Tina Marie Samson, Chief Financial Officer at Loews Hotels Universal Orlando and Mr. Lou Carrier, General Manager of Hard Rock Hotel, both feel, that when something of this nature happens they can make you happy with a free night. So I wish to inform all those who PM'ed me and emailed with their stories that were similar to mine, Overcharges, Multiple Charges,etc.. that I am sorry to say The Loews Companies believes you should stop bothering them with all your problems, with them taking your monies for many days on end and please be grateful when they give you a free night or less, as many people who have contacted me have recieved(almost everyone got nothing but a Sorry). I am sorry that Loews has felt that we should be pacified by their giving you a room that would have gone empty anyway (no skin off their noses) while this problem I forsee, will continue and unfortunately you will have to just shrug it off. I really tried to work with Loews and their officers, but they are quite confident that they will get away with business as usual, and I would shocked if this never happens again. why shouldn't it, it cost them nothing if it does, at least they feel that way, and your left to dangle for those few days while they make a few phone calls to straighten out all of your money they have taken. Message: You'll get over it.

Ms. Tina Marie Samson, Chief Financial Officer at Loews Hotels Universal Orlando and Mr. Lou Carrier, General Manager of Hard Rock Hotel

Those must be the villians that are plotting to put me into a diabetic coma by placing a chocolate on my pillow each night!
:mad:
sorry but methinks she doth protest too much...

suzysezso:Those must be the villians that are plotting to put me into a diabetic coma by placing a chocolate on my pillow each night!

Suzysezso, you got a chocolate on your pillow? I never saw on on ours, I guess they liked you, but if you want I can contact Ms. Tina Marie Samson and Lou Carrier at Loews and have them charge your credit cards and you bank account for $1500 dollars and I'll provide them a list of all the other imcompetent blunders that happen to me, so they can treat you the same as me, since I protest to much. I am sure you'll enjoy it you sound very easy going and laid back. And thank you, your post was most helpful to those of us who had encountered my problem and much worse.

I agree. Kaitlynangel has given no indications as to what else she wants. I don't remember any room problems in your past posts.. If my memory is correct (search function not working) you reserved a standard room (at a deeply discounted rate) and hoped to get a free upgrade with a card. At checkin you agreed to pay for an upgraded room, you didn't like the floor and some type of partial obstruction and you were given a room to your liking.
The incorrect charges were removed from your account and your husband agreed to accept one free night as compensation. One night free out of three night (deeply discounted) stay seems fair. I assume the charges for the rollaway and refrig were taken off your account.
Don't mean to sound heartless but your account was straightened out and you were given compensation. Maybe if you had been specific as to what else you expected (and been reasonable) you might have had a different outcome.

Lewisc:

I don't know why you feel the way you do, but you have a right to you opinion of course. But again this morning I recieved more requests from other people for the corporate info I have for Loews Hotels. Therefore I can conclude that many have been and are in the same boat as I, and because I had a "deeply disocunted" rate (because I was there for the heroes promotion, my husband is NYC Police officer at ground zero and is still there as of today since Sept. 11) so excuse me if we were there on a deeply discounted rate, I feel so honored by the HRH hotel allowing me to stay for less than the normal rate, I should shut up and take it. I see the light, I will not complain ever again when a hotel holds my money $1500 worth from both my credit cards and my bank account for several days and they are so very nice to give me one free night. I see the error of my ways and I wont bother to post anything other than happy thoughts. (if any more than the already 10 people who have PM'ed me wanting info becasue they had similar or worse happen to them I am still here for you, but don't speak to loud... Dost you protest to much

We stayed at the HRH last October. The hotel itself is beautiful. We, too, had problems with our stay. These problems were not rectified during our stay, however, as soon as I arrived home I sent a letter to Mr. Carrier. He responded quickly straightening everything out. I was pleased with the way he handled the situation.

Now, let me add that my hassles did not have to do with overcharging. That is entirely different. Having your money tied up regardless whether it is a debit or credit card is just bad business. These type of situations should be rectified immediately. Noone knows what type of situation it puts the customer in. I've learned never to judge until I've walked a mile in their shoes.

Vonda

When we checked it to the HRH I was asked if I wanted to be able to charge to my room. I was told then that there would be a hold on my card. I didnt think to ask how much. It didnt matter to me. The hold was put on my card. I think it came off the day after I came home. Didnt they tell you there would be a hold? Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I think I would have been happy with one free night. It seems that some people are never happy and are always looking to get something for nothing.

Good luck in getting whatever it is you want.

Patty

pathubia,

I respectfully disagree. Receiving compensation for shoddy treatment is not getting something for nothing. It is receiving compensation for bad service. Had everything gone as it should have, none of this would be an issue.

Vonda

She has already been compensated, 1 free night, what more does she want???

Patty

Pathubia said:
"Everyone is entitled to their opinions."
I completely agree

"I think I would have been happy with one free night."
I am glad for you. But you did say you THINK you'd happy, you weren't too sure on that statement.

"She has already been compensated, 1 free night, what more does she want???"
Whatever happened to everyone is entitled to their opinions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter