Idiot's Guide to posting photos please!

That site apparently does not permit linking. If I were you, and you want to keep it simple, (and have it work), try www.photobucket.com.

Thanks, Dan. I'll open an account with photobucket but I've posted many pictures from picasa on other non-disney related forums without any issues. I also tried copying one that another DIS user was able to post and it wouldn't let me post that one either (from photobucket) - came out as a link..... :(

Barbara

I think picasa will work.

When you tried to post the one that came out as a link that was on PB, did you have more than 10 posts?

Also, welcome to the DIS.

HELP!!! How do I make my picture bigger? I am using shutterfly.

See my previous post for a site that will make picture posting very easy.

OK, I got the photobucket part, but what about adding photos to the DISer Photos? Is that closed or something because I don't see a way to add photos to any of the threads on that board.

HELP!!! How do I make my picture bigger? I am using shutterfly.
Are you using the thumbnail version the picture, or the larger one from when you click on the smaller picture? And trust me, using Photobucket for linking to a website like the DIS is a lot easier, JMO.

OK, I got the photobucket part, but what about adding photos to the DISer Photos? Is that closed or something because I don't see a way to add photos to any of the threads on that board.
I really have no idea how that DIS photo thing works, I do not use it. I have looked at it a few times, too complicated and too much work for me. I do know at times it has changed from one format to another and has caused headaches for some. As for where it is now and the work arounds, one of the tech type people here would probably best be able to answer that. I am just like you though, a regular poster. :)

As for where it is now and the work arounds, one of the tech type people here would probably best be able to answer that. I am just like you though, a regular poster. :)
Thanks Dan, I was hoping one of the Techies would chime in at some point...after all, this is the Technical Support Board!

Are you using the thumbnail version the picture, or the larger one from when you click on the smaller picture? And trust me, using Photobucket for linking to a website like the DIS is a lot easier, JMO.

I tried to use photobucket, but when I tried to load my pictures the site kept telling me "server error". I guess I will reboot my computer and try again.

How did you get it to work with Shuttefly? I can't find the "img" code thing.

You have to add the
yourself. Doubleclick on the picture you want and then right click on big picture. Click on "properties" and copy the address.

What about for Mac users? I do not have a right and left side on my mouse. I know how to copy the image. I press "control" while clicking and get a menu that appears where I can select "copy image." But when I go into the body of the reply, there is no paste option that I can use.

Anyone know how to do this on a mac? Thanks!

..........never mind - I figured it out!

I was able to post the photos I wanted.

Also, if you look at the second icon from the right just above the dialog box where you type your post, you will see an icon that looks like a mountain with a moon/sun above it. If you click on that icon, it will open another dialog box that will allow you to paste your photo's address where it says "Please enter the URL of your image" and that will take care of the

I know nothing about a Mac.

And Jenny, you are linking to the page the image is on. All you have to do in Photobucket is a single left mouse click on the bottom line of code under the small photo, all the necessary coding is copied by that one click. Then come here and do a paste, like this.......

What a CUTE picture!! (You might want to click on the edit above the photo and make smaller)

P9220045.jpg

Dan, thanks so much for the advice! With help from dh I think that I get it, i just need to adjust size. I see a litle guy in your sig, how old?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter