Idiot's Guide to posting photos please!

Sanibel Spirit

Are we there yet?
Hi

Can someone please tell me how to add a photo to a post? There are so many wonderful threads I would love to join in with. I have a Photobucket account if that is any help?

Please help!!

Easiest is to set up an online hosting account, like www.photobucket.com. It's free, works very well here with the boards, many use it.

Once set up, just follow the steps on that site to upload a picture, or pictures. Once uploaded, just go back to where you can see your pictures in your photobucket album and do a single left mouse click on the line of code that has IMG Code words before it (just click on the code itself, once). ** That will copy all that is needed to make the picture show up here, including any necessary code tags (do not add anything). Come back here, go to a post, single right mouse click and select paste. That's it!! :thumbsup2 Do a preview, see how it looks. If good, then post.

If you are using a picture in a signature, make sure you read their current rules in the 'sticky' that Bill has at the top of this board. If you do not have any photo edit software to resize a photo before uploading, for a signature, I would suggest maybe selecting the 'thumbnail size (160 X 120) in the 'Uploading Options' link that is right below the Upload Images & Videos box there in Photobucket, that should keep a picture within their current signature rules here. For placing in a post itself, not a signature, 640 X 480 seems to work best.

Any problems or questions, just ask.

** The Photobucket one-click copy functionality is not currently available from computers and browsers that are using Adobe Flash Version 10. When you click on a code, the code will be selected and high-lighted. You must use your computer's copy functionality to place the code into your clipboard.

Updating 2/1/2009......the above one-click function seems to be working again.

Updating 3/4/2009....the one-click seems to be not working again. :confused3

ETA....Welcome to both of you to the DIS. :wave:

Easiest is to set up an online hosting account, like www.photobucket.com. It's free, works very well here with the boards, many use it.

Once set up, just follow the steps on that site to upload a picture, or pictures. Once uploaded, just go back to where you can see your pictures in your photobucket album and do a single left mouse click on the line of code that has IMG Code words before it (just click on the code itself, once). That will copy all that is needed to make the picture show up here, including any necessary code tags (do not add anything). Come back here, go to a post, single right mouse click and select paste. That's it!! :thumbsup2 Do a preview, see how it looks. If good, then post.

If you are using a picture in a signature, make sure you read their current rules in the 'sticky' that Bill has at the top of this board. If you do not have any photo edit software to resize a photo before uploading, for a signature, I would suggest maybe selecting the 'thumbnail size (160 X 120) in the 'Uploading Options' link that is right below the Upload Images & Videos box there in Photobucket, that should keep a picture within their current signature rules here.

Any problems or questions, just ask.

ETA....Welcome to both of you to the DIS. :wave:

Thanks for that!! With a bit of luck you might see a pic soon if I'm brave enough to post one !:thumbsup2

Yes. Really, as far as I know, only jpg's and gif's (not sure, maybe png's too) work here on the board.

100_0441.jpg

testing to see how this works and if I'm in the right size range. I've never done this before.

oops I think it's way to big to post for a picture. Don't want it in the signature, just to share on the boards. Let me try it again.

I copied my avatar from photobucket but not sure where to paste it? Its 145x171. Is that too big? I pulled up the edit avatar but when i try to paste a custom and then click on "save changes", nothing happens.

I copied my avatar from photobucket but not sure where to paste it? Its 145x171. Is that too big? I pulled up the edit avatar but when i try to paste a custom and then click on "save changes", nothing happens.
Are you trying to put picture in your avatar area (under your name on left) or in signature area, (where countdown is)?

And welcome to the DIS. :wave:

Giaco, you are not copying the code correctly. Simply do a single left mouse click on the IMG line in photobucket. Nothing more. Then come here and paste.

Giaco, you are not copying the code correctly. Simply do a single left mouse click on the IMG line in photobucket. Nothing more. Then come here and paste.

Not sure why you are saying I'm copying the code incorrectly. I see the photo fine in the thread. I copied the "IMG" text and pasted it. It looks ok to me??? Are you sure you are referring to my post?

What a neat picture, jendon. Everybody looks great.

Just an FYI though, they might whack you as the picture size is a bit over their current rules ion size. Are you able to resize yourself??

Dag NAbit! I just can't seem to get it right. I'm trying to load a custom avatar. I have in my picture album on photobuckets. I went to user CP, edit avatar, and copied the URL from photobucket into the space, but it keeps saying Upload file failed:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!