I took some pictures in the old imageworks upstairs in JII.

The ride had to be changed because it said so in Kodaks contract. Now that is no excuse for taking an Eticket and turning it into a C ticket.

The upstairs to Imageworks was closed mainly due to fire code issues.

FW is a almost as big of a mess as TL but it is satrting to look up. JII should be undergoing a complete overhaul in the near future (EO is setting that back).

UOE will be next anf I expect it to get a 3D upgrade. As far as the Seas Nemo was the cheap and easy way out.

Yeah, I know, EVERYTHING has changed. But you've got to admit, those changes have brought us TT, MS and Soarin... not all bad. I do think the Seas were better before the Nemo retrofit (although Crush is a neat addition) and I miss the Wonders of Life.

With all the FW changes though, I can still say that the Ellen's Energy Adventrue is the most boring ride in WDW.:rotfl2:
I personally think that Mission Space is dull and is no way as great as its predecessor. I think that Test Track and It's Fun To Be Free are tied but DS loves Test Track at least.

I don't understand why Disney closed this area? You would think that this play area would syphon away some of the crowds and maybe even lure a few more people to ride the ride.

I personally think that Mission Space is dull and is no way as great as its predecessor. I think that Test Track and It's Fun To Be Free are tied but DS loves Test Track at least.

I don't understand why Disney closed this area? You would think that this play area would syphon away some of the crowds and maybe even lure a few more people to ride the ride.

It was to hard to evacuate during an emergency. The main ways out are a spiral stair case, escalator and elevator. The only normal stairs were not large enough to accommodate the large crowd.

It was to hard to evacuate during an emergency. The main ways out are a spiral stair case, escalator and elevator. The only normal stairs were not large enough to accommodate the large crowd.
I see.... Couldn't they replace the spiral staircase? Of course that would be expensive if even possible.

I'm no fire code expert or engineer, but an additional stairway exiting from somewhere on the upper floor of the pavilion heading down the backside of the pavilion, wouldn't have corrected the problem?

It just seems like the fire code violation gave the suits an excuse to shutdown part of the pavilion and reduce operating costs, by not having to staff or maintain it.

It just hurts to see things like this and WoL fall by the wayside. :sad:

I'm no fire code expert or engineer, but an additional stairway exiting from somewhere on the upper floor of the pavilion heading down the backside of the pavilion, wouldn't have corrected the problem?

It just seems like the fire code violation gave the suits an excuse to shutdown part of the pavilion and reduce operating costs, by not having to staff or maintain it.

It just hurts to see things like this and WoL fall by the wayside. :sad:

You are correct I just gave Disney's offical answer but you are right it is just an excuse.

Awww thanks for the pics.

Brings back wonderful memories.

I miss that area, it was cutting edge back in the 80's, ahhhhh progress.

Thank you so much for the pictures. They truly bring a ton of memories back for me. Figment was my all time favorite character. I still have my very first Figment for our first trip back in the early 80's. This was my favorite attraction at Epcot. We would spend so much time in there. When I brought my children the first time in 2007, I was so excited for my own children to experience it and I was bummed it all changed. I did buy my girls each a Figment of their own.

Thank you so much for the pictures. They truly bring a ton of memories back for me. Figment was my all time favorite character. I still have my very first Figment for our first trip back in the early 80's. This was my favorite attraction at Epcot. We would spend so much time in there. When I brought my children the first time in 2007, I was so excited for my own children to experience it and I was bummed it all changed. I did buy my girls each a Figment of their own.

You would have been even more bummed out in 2001 when Figment was taken out of the ride all together.

Thanks for the pictures. I used to love that upstairs area, especially the pin tables and the rainbow tunnel. It's a shame they weren't able to incorporate those into the lower level play area. All the camera/photo stations downstairs already feel kind of dated to me. It's so easy to do that kind of stuff on any computer.

Loved the rainbow tunnel though. This was one from about 1988.

EpcotColor1988_opt.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. I used to love that upstairs area, especially the pin tables and the rainbow tunnel. It's a shame they weren't able to incorporate those into the lower level play area. All the camera/photo stations downstairs already feel kind of dated to me. It's so easy to do that kind of stuff on any computer.

Loved the rainbow tunnel though. This was one from about 1988.

EpcotColor1988_opt.jpg

I always thought they should move the rainbow tunnel downstairs to make it part of the exit.

Thank you for those photos

DH thought I was going nuts when I talked about the giant paintbrushes and the rainbow tunnel. He had never been before so had no idea what he was missing. I on the other hand was gutted.

Maybe disney need to rethink that whole area and once and for all give us back figment and the image works as it used to be.

The rainbow tunnel was my favorite! I can still remember looking at a picture of it in my mom's Birnbaum's guidebook before my 1st trip to WDW in the 80s. It's nice to at least see pictures of it again! :thumbsup2

How Disney turned Epcot's E-ticket ride into such a mess is just the saddest story in the History of Epcot. :crazy:

The story I heard at the time, was the electric bill was too expensive. Lots of high powered lights ran up the bills :rolleyes1

How Disney turned Epcot's E-ticket ride into a D-ticket ride is just the saddest story in the History of Epcot. :crazy:

The story I heard at the time, was the electric bill was too expensive. Lots of high powered lights ran up the bills :rolleyes1

Well the ride had to be changed but you are being kind it is a Cticket now.

Well the ride had to be changed but you are being kind it is a Cticket now.

Thanks, I fixed my post. I forgot that the tickets go backwards. I meant to say A-ticket ride.

Back along time ago (in the days of the ticket books)... E-ticket was the best, and A-ticket was for something almost free like a ride on the trolley down Main street.

JII went from being the main attraction at Epcot, to being something that isn't worth the free air conditioning on a hot day :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter