I took some pictures in the old imageworks upstairs in JII.

Figment632

DIS Veteran
I took these pictures back in August while in the now closed upstairs section of imageworks in JII.

Here is the open forum section when you first enter.

Very neat. I do not recall seeing that area before, even though we were there in 1996 and 2001. The Wonders of Life pavilion was still open on our 1996 trip, I know because we have photos, but I think it was closed the next time or else we skipped it. I know we did Figment on our 1996 trip, but I don't recall going upstairs. When did that area get closed off?

Very neat. I do not recall seeing that area before, even though we were there in 1996 and 2001. The Wonders of Life pavilion was still open on our 1996 trip, I know because we have photos, but I think it was closed the next time or else we skipped it. I know we did Figment on our 1996 trip, but I don't recall going upstairs. When did that area get closed off?

I don't remeber but I think it was when the ride was redone in 1999.

This was the first time I was up there in a while and the thing that shocked me was how clean everything was.

They were also testing a 3d projection system towards the back of the area.

Wow that brings back memories, it all looks ready to go again! Bring back DreamFinder and let us in.

Wow that brings back memories, it all looks ready to go again! Bring back DreamFinder and let us in.

Not quite when I was up there a week before I took these pictures they were cleaning up from a private dinner event. This is really the only future for this section of JII.

We are going in May of next year and I was hoping to take my children through it. I hope it is open then. I havent been to Disney since 1994 so I know things have changed and I expect that. I just hope that all of the changes dont sour me a little towards the parks. I know how magical it was when I was a child bit I am so worried that these changes will make me not want to go back again. It seems all of the things that I like the most about the parks have changed somehow and I know it still holds the magic but it just isnt gonna be what I remember. And are all these changes what Walt had in mind when he created the parks? Has his dream been forgotten? Not tryin to start an argument just concerned that I might be building my family and myself up for a fall. Off my soap box now.

We are going in May of next year and I was hoping to take my children through it. I hope it is open then. I havent been to Disney since 1994 so I know things have changed and I expect that. I just hope that all of the changes dont sour me a little towards the parks. I know how magical it was when I was a child bit I am so worried that these changes will make me not want to go back again. It seems all of the things that I like the most about the parks have changed somehow and I know it still holds the magic but it just isnt gonna be what I remember. And are all these changes what Walt had in mind when he created the parks? Has his dream been forgotten? Not tryin to start an argument just concerned that I might be building my family and myself up for a fall. Off my soap box now.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I went back two years ago for the first time since 1999. I was worried, too. Reading these boards sometimes makes it feel like WDW has gone to pot. We had such a wonderful time that we went back last year and would have gone this year except circumstances didn't allow it. It really does feel like the same old place. Try to ignore the negativity.

And to the OP: Thanks so much for the photos! I loved going up there when I was a kid.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I went back two years ago for the first time since 1999. I was worried, too. Reading these boards sometimes makes it feel like WDW has gone to pot. We had such a wonderful time that we went back last year and would have gone this year except circumstances didn't allow it. It really does feel like the same old place. Try to ignore the negativity.

And to the OP: Thanks so much for the photos! I loved going up there when I was a kid.

No problem I have some of the unused Main Street Theater and the unused Premiere theater in DHS if you are interested.

Thank you for your positive answer! I didnt mean to hijack the thread, I enjoyed the pictures and then the uncertainty rolled in. I really enjoy the pictures and it brought back amazing memories from my younger years.

Thank you for your positive answer! I didnt mean to hijack the thread, I enjoyed the pictures and then the uncertainty rolled in. I really enjoy the pictures and it brought back amazing memories from my younger years.

Haven't been on this ride since high school. Is Figment himself still there or has he disappeared?

Haven't been on this ride since high school. Is Figment himself still there or has he disappeared?

Figment was removed from the ride in 1999 but brought back in 2003 but to a version that is 65% shorter than what you remember.

Love the pictures :thumbsup2

I really miss the old Figment and Dreamfinder. :sad1: I remember not wanting to leave the upstairs part after the ride, so much fun.

I really don't want to discourage anyone with my nostalgia though, I've ridden the new ride and I truly did enjoy it. It has its own qualities, good and bad, but it is still a good experience, just different.;)

Let's recap...

1. They took a great ride and not only shortened it significantly, but also made it worse.

2. They took the interactive area of the pavilion and closed it down.

How is it possible that the "powers that be" have allowed FW to become a shadow of it's former self?

Let's recap...

1. They took a great ride and not only shortened it significantly, but also made it worse.

2. They took the interactive area of the pavilion and closed it down.

How is it possible that the "powers that be" have allowed FW to become a shadow of it's former self?

Yeah, I know, EVERYTHING has changed. But you've got to admit, those changes have brought us TT, MS and Soarin... not all bad. I do think the Seas were better before the Nemo retrofit (although Crush is a neat addition) and I miss the Wonders of Life.

With all the FW changes though, I can still say that the Ellen's Energy Adventrue is the most boring ride in WDW.:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter