I took some pictures in the old imageworks upstairs in JII.

Thanks, I fixed my post. I forgot that the tickets go backwards.

E-ticket was the best and A-ticket was for something almost free like a ride on the trolley down Main street.

It went from being the main attraction at Epcot, to being something that isn't worth the free air conditioning on a hot day :sad2:

:rotfl2: WHile that might be true I still ride at least 5-6 times each trip :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: WHile that might be true I still ride at least 5-6 times each trip :thumbsup2

During our last trip, it was the ride with no line... so that's good. :laughing:
I still ride it, but just to look for parts and left-overs from the old ride.

Same thing with shopping at Down Town Disney, some of the new shops have parts of the props scattered around from the Adventures Club.

Oh, I loved the Imagination song from the original ride. They play a little of it now, but it's not the same. (The same as the ride). When I was there a few years ago for Epcot's 25th anniversary, I thought it was great when everyone was waiting for the rededication ceremony to start and they played the old song. The entire crowd started singing unabashedly along. It was so much fun.

Thanks for posting the link to the video about the ride, although it did make me a bit sad seeing how much of the ride got wiped out in the renovation.

I have really fond memories of JII upstairs. We visited the first time we were in WDW in 1983, I remember the pin table really well and being quite amazed by it (I was only six!) and the rainbow tunnel - oh and squares on the floor that a light when on and a note played when you stoof on them.

There was also an area where 3 people get picked and stand infront of a blue screen and act out a story, instructed to you on screens that an audience can't see, where you are superimposed onto various different scenes on tvs that the audience can see. - Oh dear sorry that was a terrible description wasn't it!?! Kind of like very early green screen technology...it wasn't exactly Star Wars but hopefully you get the idea.

Anyway it was fab and I loved it, we have some photos of me doing it along with two other kids. Can anyone remember what it was called?

Maybe I suppose, one of the reasons that area was shut down was the expense of keeping updating it. I don't know just an idea - it is a shame though.

And I agree - bring back the Dreamfinder! I love that tune.

I have really fond memories of JII upstairs. We visited the first time we were in WDW in 1983, I remember the pin table really well and being quite amazed by it (I was only six!) and the rainbow tunnel - oh and squares on the floor that a light when on and a note played when you stoof on them.

There was also an area where 3 people get picked and stand infront of a blue screen and act out a story, instructed to you on screens that an audience can't see, where you are superimposed onto various different scenes on tvs that the audience can see. - Oh dear sorry that was a terrible description wasn't it!?! Kind of like very early green screen technology...it wasn't exactly Star Wars but hopefully you get the idea.

Anyway it was fab and I loved it, we have some photos of me doing it along with two other kids. Can anyone remember what it was called?

Maybe I suppose, one of the reasons that area was shut down was the expense of keeping updating it. I don't know just an idea - it is a shame though.

And I agree - bring back the Dreamfinder! I love that tune.

It is happening and would be happening faster if it EO wasn't coming back.

Dreamfinder's comming back???!! Yipee! "one little spark..." I'll be singing that all day now! How do you know it's comming back? Was there an announcement? I hope Figment will be there with him!

Yeah I heard that EO was comming back - I quite like that as I'm way bored with HISTA (I heard it's going to DLP as well I think). Although why is that slowing up poor old Dreamfinder?

Dreamfinder's comming back???!! Yipee! "one little spark..." I'll be singing that all day now! How do you know it's comming back? Was there an announcement? I hope Figment will be there with him!

Yeah I heard that EO was comming back - I quite like that as I'm way bored with HISTA (I heard it's going to DLP as well I think). Although why is that slowing up poor old Dreamfinder?

The theater is part of the pavilion overhaul and as long as EO is there work will not begin. The overhaul was supposed take place in 2010 now it has been delayed probaly for 2 years.

It really is sad. I loved that area and the original version of the ride. But I do still go to see Figment each trip and never will stop. Sure it is no where near as fun as it used to be, but it will always be tradition. I also was in the minority of people who enjoyed HISA. I am looking forward to seeing Captain EO for the first time, but after watching the you tube video of it, I don't think it is going to be for me.

Picture threads are usually found on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move this there now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter