• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I remember _______ at the World...

How nice to go down memory lane with all of you! I didn't go as a child, so I love hearing about it!:flower3:

I remember Michael Iceberg and the Iceberg machine! (can you sing pigs in the wind?)

I remember the Building before it was Hoop dee doo, and having the best breakfast EVER with Chip and Dale and Buff; and we all got Kazoos!

I remember when you could see animal topiaries all over from the Monorail.

I remember taking the skyway to tomorrowland.

I remember Mickey b-day land not sure if magic kingdom still has a playground for kids to play on

I remember The Good Turn at the Land pavilion (now Garden Grille). It was sponsored by Kraft and cheese was an ingredient in many of the items served.:love:

I remember the stage shows in the 70s @ the Galaxy Theater. Those were really cool. :thumbsup2

-Kevin

I remember 20000 Leagues Under the Sea & as a kid my favorite thing I brought home with me was a clear plastic box with the castle etched on top and filled with the redhot candies...I LOVED that thing! I look for it every time we go still! LOL

More recently I remember the French Toast Loaf from Main St Bakery...wish they still had that!

I remember River Country and being scared to death to ride 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I really thought you went down that far and I was in a complete panic.

I remember plastic juice containers shaped like an orange, grapes, and I think strawberries that were sold from carts full of ice. I wish I could find a picture but I definetly remember those.

I know what your are talking about!

What about Horizons, world of motion and Kitchen Cabaret?

I would like to add the double decker buses around the world showcase in Epcot. Loved those things. It was fun just to ride around and get off your feet. It was also quite a show if you sat near the driver. He had a lot to say about the people that stupidly walked in front of him or didn't get out of the way.

I remember LOVING 'Mr. Toad's wild ride' I was dissapointed when it changed over to pooh. But I love seeing the picture of Mr. Toad handing over the deed in the ride! :) And also the statue by haunted mansion!!! <3 Miss you old friend

What about Horizons, world of motion and Kitchen Cabaret?

I LOVED Kitchen Cabaret, and Food Rocks! :cool1:

I also remember the dog leashes with no dogs, but for some reason, I don't remember them being at Disney World, but at Hershey Park! :rotfl:

Yes, I DO remember Micheal Iceberg...and the shows with his Iceberg Machine at the Tomorrowland Terrace.
And someone mentioned the plastic juice containers in ice....YES! I remember the orange and grape ones.
I thought of some more:
- the end of Space Mountain where there were a bunch of tvs and you were on screen as you rode the flat escalator out of the building. It was so high tech!! :)
- Davy Crockett canoes
- a movie theater adjacent to the original arcade in the Contemporary that showed Disney movies. Also, the arcade had a shooting gallery like the one in Frontierland.
- The longest line in the park was for Peter Pan. OH...that hasn't changed! :rotfl:

I LOVED Kitchen Cabaret, and Food Rocks! :cool1:

I also remember the dog leashes with no dogs, but for some reason, I don't remember them being at Disney World, but at Hershey Park! :rotfl:

Yes, they sold them at the Haunted Mansion. I still have mine. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter