• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I remember _______ at the World...

I'm only 14, so I don't remember much lol, but I remember the old Club Cool that was like an igloo!

I remember Michael Iceberg and the Iceberg machine! (can you sing pigs in the wind?)

I remember the Building before it was Hoop dee doo, and having the best breakfast EVER with Chip and Dale and Buff; and we all got Kazoos!

I remember when you could see animal topiaries all over from the Monorail.

I remember taking the skyway to tomorrowland.

Oh my gosh, yes!!! I remember those as well! My favorite was always the hippo on the ball with the umbrella right near the Magic Kingdom :)

I have this memory of dog leashes with no dogs? Am I making that up?

They used to sell them near the Haunted Mansion...I don't think I've seen them in recent years. They were white and blue ropes wound together to make it look like you were walking a ghost dog.

Taking the monorail through the Contemporary and thinking "Anyone who stays here must be rich", LOL.

My first trip was in 1992 when I was 14, and we all thought anyone staying at any Dis hotel was rich. We were just in awe of that....

I love reminiscing about WDW. I remember-
1. When the buses were not named but flagged. I used to love directions "Well, first you take the brown flagged bus and transfer to the green flagged bus.."
2. Sunday brunch at the Top of the World, and thinking how beautiful it was. I think there was a big ice sculpture, but I'm not sure.
3. "We are Future Corps!". then a great rendition of "Malaguena".

I'm young, but the first time I went to WDW I think it was November 2000. I remember being in Epcot, and my dad shoving a little basket of french fries at me, and staring up at the Tapestry of Nations parade at Epcot. I remember that I couldn't see a darn thing of Illuminations (I was still pretty short then!) but that parade was so magical... and I was twelve at the time, and feeling the magic.

I've posted this elsewhere but it bears repeating for a different audience...

I remember my first dinner ever at Disney - at the Adventureland Verandah, which I think was a cafeteria setup at the time. I'm sure the food was about TV-dinner quality, but at the time, it seemed wonderful!

I loved River Country. We went to WDW four times when I was growing up and we stayed at Fort Wilderness Campground. I loved the campground when I was a kid.

They used to sell them near the Haunted Mansion...I don't think I've seen them in recent years. They were white and blue ropes wound together to make it look like you were walking a ghost dog.

I bought mine in the magic shop on Main Street - and I was convinced that I had bought a magical invisible dog!!:lmao:

how about Tangaroa Terrace, and Papeete Bay Veranda --two restaurants at Polynesian Resort, one of them served omelettes made to order.

And remember: "Good morning, this is Monorail Blue" or "Monorail Red"
and the boats that had colored flags which told you where you were headed.

and "Top of the World" at Contemporary, a show that featured whatever Broadway show tunes were popular, and as someone already mentioned, also doubled as the place for Sunday Brunch.

Didn't get a chance to go until I was nearly 18... but I've been going ever since I met the love of my life!!!!

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

1. When the buses were not named but flagged. I used to love directions "Well, first you take the brown flagged bus and transfer to the green flagged bus.."

I remember those buses! You had to get a little card that had all the colored flags on it so you knew where each bus went. What a pain! You always had to have that card with you to know which bus you needed! Whose idea was that?:confused3

I miss the old Fiesta Food and Fun Center at the Contemporary

I remember plastic juice containers shaped like an orange, grapes, and I think strawberries that were sold from carts full of ice. I wish I could find a picture but I definetly remember those.

I remember those too :goodvibes (my sister and I LOVED them, had to have one every time we went into MK). I also remember the seashell necklaces that the Poly gave out (I still have mine from the Luau that I went to for the first time back as a kid). Plus I remember riding the Keel Boats, going to River Country, the way the "Old" Tomorrowland used to look like, and Chef Mickey's at DTD.

I will always remember Treasure island/Discovery island. I loved seeing all the birds and flowers and just relaxing there on a hammock.

I remember a fun playground area at the Disney Marketplace over 20 years ago or so

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter