I made a planning spreadsheet...new link on page 94 to get spreadsheet

I sent copies of my spreadsheet to a few people that had their e-mails on this page. When I get a chance I may upload it to Google like Kelly did.

Wow that is sweet, simple and to the point! Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I am a planner and make lists but not to this level. You just made my anniversary trip so much easier to keep organized!

That spreadsheet is a great idea. We are going to be there for 14days, what program did you use to make it? I might have to try my hand at making one for our trip.
michelle:thumbsup2

Hi All,

Hopefully you can download or copy and paste. The sheet is sort of labeled, but logically flows from top to bottom /left to right.

For those follow- campers/ drivers the first part is the mileage part - You can plan by the tank of gas, hours or pit stops to let the kids out to play. FYI if you are driving with kids a long distance, PRE SCOUT REST STOPS, a 15 minute break now again to run and play during a 8-10 hour drive will pay great dividends. Put a few balls (soccer, footballs, baseball & mitt or Frisbees in the car -)

The primary planning tool - Dates/Cost/Magic Hours/parks. This main part is broken down by dates of travel , # of day at disney or offsite, Lodging, food & gas cost, then i go w/ misc cost(tickets, mmnssph..... bippity boop boqt..) I also have a columun you can enter the extra magic hours am/pm.. see link in spread sheet or look at wdw site for hours(This access is only for people who stay on the disney property).

I also imputed the sunrise and sunset sched. When I did this I came a across a small fact - We are there during the switch from savings to normal, losing an hour...... I also laid out importnent date before, during and after the trip, AKA for those who enjoy the great outdoors don't forget to check about the dates of up coming seasons!!

General Planning - this is for planning the # of days in each park. This portion allows you to do some general planning based on the # of days you want to be in each park, then totals the number of days of stay. (bottom right part of sheet) Fold this back into the extra magic hours to really do planning and max. your time and access to parks.

Ticket comparisons - I have found DWtickets.com a good place and have also set-up a ticket comparison section. This can be used with any of your own preferred vendors. this section is a nice place to really compare "deals" I have not ties to DWtickets, expect I have used them once before and their cost seem to be inline.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pFzowiRRKp7PI9WYBc7ZKXQ

If you like the sheet and would like to return a favor, I am always looking to expand my network of access to hunting land in the greater Midwest(deer/turkey, bow/rifle) or places to take the family camping. OR if you don’t have land, please donate to the Red Cross or find a way to help the farmers here in the Midwest, that have been affected the massive flooding…
Long Live Musket Mickey !!!

Everyone Please Read And Give Kelly A Break!!

First of all, this is an AWESOME spreadsheet and everyone should give Kelly a BIG "thank you" for doing this and sharing it with us! I converted it over to a Google spreadsheet and shared it out for everyone. If you want it in Excel, open this up, go to the "File" menu and select "export" then ".xls". That will convert it back to Excel.

Now, the spreadsheet is posted here - simply click here to bring it up:

Kelly's planning spreadsheet

You can view it, print it, bookmark it, export it, or save it to your own google account. (If you save it to your own google account or export it to Excel, you can edit it.)

Thanks again to Kelly. Now we can convert all these requests into kudos!!

Thank you

This is awesome thanks! I just used the google docs and then exported to numbers (I'm on a Mac). So easy thanks again! :woohoo:

Thanks for sharing!! I am going crazy trying to plan which days to be a what park and then coordinating dining around that (not to mention the fireworks, parades etc) :scratchin This is a great spreadsheet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter