I Love Disney, and I Love FP+

I love it! Great post! I am a teacher and we are leaving 2 days after school lets out for an anniversary trip! We went for 5 days in Oct and the second we got home, I knew I had not had my fill! It's been a rough school year, as we did started to unsuccessful rounds of IVF, had a cancer scare, and currentlly have shingles! A day in Disney sounds like heaven no matter what others are saying about it!! my 48 day countdown is what is keeping a smile on my face right now! :cool1:

I can relate to nearly everything you're saying. :hug:

Cant agree with you more!!!!! I love love love all things Disney... :) and we go to have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have felt less and less like coming to my beloved DISboards. I realize everyone can "vent", (a new age term meaning complaining about whatever slight a person might have, be it real or imagined)

So I am taking my opportunity to vent. I love Disney. I love FP+. I love DDP.
I love planning and taking trips to WDW. I even like riding the busses. I am BEYOND excited to see the 7DMT. I think the Magic bands are cool. My strategy in the parks is to have fun.

Not every post I read has to be filled with sunshine and rainbows, but think it's nice to read positive posts as well. When someone says what a great time they had, it seems mean for others to jump on with "Then you must not be doing it right!" We don't all have to agree, but for a Disney forum I like to try to keep the magic alive. :goodvibes

Wait, if we are having a great time we aren't doing it right? Funny I always thought when people say they aren't having a great time they are the ones being told they aren't doing it right, or they are just grumps, or don't like change, or just be happy you're at WDW. I must not be reading the same threads as you.

Glad you love your trips to WDW, and everything it has to offer you.

Wait, if we are having a great time we aren't doing it right? Funny I always thought when people say they aren't having a great time they are the ones being told they aren't doing it right, or they are just grumps, or don't like change, or just be happy you're at WDW. I must not be reading the same threads as you.

Glad you love your trips to WDW, and everything it has to offer you.

:grouphug::grouphug:

Preface this by saying that I have yet to experience Magic Bands or FP+, but I'm excited to try both. I will be 40 in just a few days, and I have loved Disney my entire life. I have pictures of me with Disney toys from before I even have memories. Coming from a less-than-affluent family who didn't really enjoy travel, I never got to experience Disney World until I was 27. I had always longed to go, due to my book-and-records that I had as a child that were based on the rides. I have been many times since that first trip. My wife and I went for our honeymoon last year, and we are going for our first anniversary this year. There is NOTHING more magical to me than a Disney trip. I spend hours planning and love every minute of it. I don't plan because I have to, I plan because I want to. I love deciding which restaurants to visit. I love deciding which parks to visit on what days, and trying to fit as much magic in as possible. I have countdown timers on my phone and tablet. I love coming here and reading about the attractions, the shows, the dining, and even the hotels (including our fav, Coronado Springs). I get emotional when I walk down Main Street for the first time on every trip, and during the fireworks, and during Illuminations. I just can't imagine that anything could ever dull my enjoyment of WDW. I see people on here who say their whole trip is ruined because they changed from mushroom risotto to pea risotto at Le Cellier, or because they can't get a 4th ride in on Soarin' in a day, or because the People Mover is being rehabbed during their visit. Really? You can't possibly have a good time if every single detail isn't perfect? You're in a resort full of humans, run by humans. Things go wrong sometimes. WDW isn't geared to your specific tastes. It is meant to have the broadest appeal to as many people as possible, especially children. They didn't remove chicken skewers at 'Ohana just because YOU thought it was the best thing on the menu. I will personally be going at least once a year, God willing, until I am physically unable to travel to Orlando, and I will enjoy every single trip to the fullest, and appreciate Walt's legacy for everything that it is, and not worry about what it isn't, and gladly give a portion of my hard-earned income to a company that, while they aren't perfect, strives to maintain the standards set by Walt so many years ago. My wish is for everyone else to be able to enjoy and appreciate this magical place the same way.

Preface this by saying that I have yet to experience Magic Bands or FP+, but I'm excited to try both. I will be 40 in just a few days, and I have loved Disney my entire life. I have pictures of me with Disney toys from before I even have memories. Coming from a less-than-affluent family who didn't really enjoy travel, I never got to experience Disney World until I was 27. I had always longed to go, due to my book-and-records that I had as a child that were based on the rides. I have been many times since that first trip. My wife and I went for our honeymoon last year, and we are going for our first anniversary this year. There is NOTHING more magical to me than a Disney trip. I spend hours planning and love every minute of it. I don't plan because I have to, I plan because I want to. I love deciding which restaurants to visit. I love deciding which parks to visit on what days, and trying to fit as much magic in as possible. I have countdown timers on my phone and tablet. I love coming here and reading about the attractions, the shows, the dining, and even the hotels (including our fav, Coronado Springs). I get emotional when I walk down Main Street for the first time on every trip, and during the fireworks, and during Illuminations. I just can't imagine that anything could ever dull my enjoyment of WDW. I see people on here who say their whole trip is ruined because they changed from mushroom risotto to pea risotto at Le Cellier, or because they can't get a 4th ride in on Soarin' in a day, or because the People Mover is being rehabbed during their visit. Really? You can't possibly have a good time if every single detail isn't perfect? You're in a resort full of humans, run by humans. Things go wrong sometimes. WDW isn't geared to your specific tastes. It is meant to have the broadest appeal to as many people as possible, especially children. They didn't remove chicken skewers at 'Ohana just because YOU thought it was the best thing on the menu. I will personally be going at least once a year, God willing, until I am physically unable to travel to Orlando, and I will enjoy every single trip to the fullest, and appreciate Walt's legacy for everything that it is, and not worry about what it isn't, and gladly give a portion of my hard-earned income to a company that, while they aren't perfect, strives to maintain the standards set by Walt so many years ago. My wish is for everyone else to be able to enjoy and appreciate this magical place the same way.
WoW!
Couldn't have said it better myself without getting flamed.
We as a society have surely become entitled and spoiled.
Enjoy every breath you take and if you are at WDW you surely are one of the lucky ones on this planet. Take a break and travel to Madagascar or Laos or Cambodia or Haiti there you will find some of the poorest children on Earth who have NOTHING and somehow they smile and manage to light up with joy.
Travel the world and get off the beaten tract..you will not complain about not getting 8 fast passes and no more Dole whips this week and so your trip to WDW was ruined.

Unfortunately, this thread will die with all the other pro-FP+ threads because people only feed off of negativity.

Oh well...

To a PP, I found myself at WDW a few trips ago LOOKING for paint chips and light bulbs out that I had read was SUCH an awful problem at Disney. (And also, how freshly-painted and well-lit Universal was...)
I nearly ruined my own trip looking for imperfections!! That was a sign I was on Disboards WAY too much.

You'll have a great time if YOU want to have a great time! :goodvibes

it's so true that all the positive threads die off instantly! I come back 1 day later, the negative one has 5 pages of replies and at the top of the feed. Then, I try to find the positive one I've seen and can't find it after looking through 5 pages of threads, ha! Let's try to keep this one alive :goodvibes

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you for starting this thread!!!

I have been going to Disney since before FastPasses existed - my first trip was when I was 18, on a high school chorus trip during Easter Week! Lines for everything at the Magic Kingdom were 2 hours long. But it didn't matter. I remember having so much fun standing in those lines, thinking that the queues were amazing. All I knew before that was Six Flags, which also had 2-hour waits, but nothing fun to look at while you stood there.

Now, the best part about my Disney vacations is who I am there with. Sometimes it is just my husband and me, and sometimes we have my parents and some sisters and nieces and nephews with us, and it is always a great time. Every time I go on It's a Small World with my mom she tells me the same story about how she got to ride it at the 1964 World's Fair, and I feel so happy to be there with her that I want to cry.

LOVE the sentiments on this thread!! I'm so happy to see some people with a positive outlook. I'm in agreement you all. . .I LOVE knowing I'm heading to Disney soon! To be honest, I could probably go and simply wander the parks without riding a thing and be happy. Our entire family loves to enjoy all the details and special touches that make Disney parks exceptional. Both of my kids walk in the parks and their imaginations begin to soar. My 16 year old DS actually just broke his arm just below the shoulder, which means he won't be able to ride some of his favorites on our trip. However, his attitude is great! He figures that it's better to have a broken arm at Disney World that at home, and I completely agree.

Always look at the glass as half full, folks. . .it's lots more fun!:goodvibes

This thread has made me so happy! :cheer2: I love Disney! Even though our last trip was a relative disaster (thanks to my cranky twins, not the changes), I am still planning and looking forward to another! and another! and another!

I am excited about FP+! I loved it in Oct and it seems like it will be even better next year. I love the restaurants (though not dinner in MK) and the DxDP! I am so excited to go again!

We love it all. Is it perfect of course not.

As to the haters, personally I think it's more about them, just being unhappy in general about most things and this just happens to be their item at this particular time. There is no way I could devote that much energy being negative about a theme park situation.

I love DDP.
I love planning and taking trips to WDW. I even like riding the busses. I am BEYOND excited to see the 7DMT. :goodvibes

Oh I so agree with these things(I haven't been there sice the MB's/FP+ was introduced). I love riding the busses, too! I'm even more BEYOND excited about the new nighttime show that's starting as early as next year at Animal Kingdom!:dance3:

LOVE the sentiments on this thread!! I'm so happy to see some people with a positive outlook. I'm in agreement you all. . .I LOVE knowing I'm heading to Disney soon! To be honest, I could probably go and simply wander the parks without riding a thing and be happy. Our entire family loves to enjoy all the details and special touches that make Disney parks exceptional. Both of my kids walk in the parks and their imaginations begin to soar. My 16 year old DS actually just broke his arm just below the shoulder, which means he won't be able to ride some of his favorites on our trip. However, his attitude is great! He figures that it's better to have a broken arm at Disney World that at home, and I completely agree.

Always look at the glass as half full, folks. . .it's lots more fun!:goodvibes

DizneeMommy...are you going to stay at POP again?

Threads like one this remind me why I don't come here much anymore actually, even more so than threads with criticism. I actually agree with the sentiment in the op, that we can all have our views etc etc, positive and negative.

But whenever such a post is expressed, either "I've seen all the negative posters and haters, can't we all have our own view?" Or "all these naive rose tinted people, can't we all have our own view?" Then people latch onto these posts as proof that the side being defended is being oppressed or somehow censored. "YEAH! See everyone, told you that people trying to be (insert your side here) were right! So there!"

For what it's worth, considering the number of people who I used to see posting in the negative threads by "haters" accusing people of being overly negative, pessimistic, or even (ugh) "Debbie downers", I find it odd that people think positive threads aren't getting much attention. Maybe that's all changed since I stopped coming here a while back.

Yes!!! I feel the same exact way!:thumbsup2

Thank you for this, on my first trip in April 15 I will be traveling with my two boys, my dh, mil, and my Mom. Only my husband has been before. I am so excited that we get to share this moment together and no criticisms will deter my excitement!

Here, here, OP! Love the new system. Nothing wrong with positive vibes about Disney on a Disney board. :thumbsup2

The appropriate words of the day from Pharrell:

Here come bad news talking this and that, yeah,
Well, give me all you got, and don’t hold it back, yeah,
Well, I should probably warn you I’ll be just fine, yeah,
No offense to you, don’t waste your time

Here’s why
:dance3:
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like that’s what you wanna do

:yay::banana::cheer2::grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter