I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH, I'm a bit Disney'ed out. I think my wife is too, and she grew up Disney. And my DD -- I think we've spoiled Disneyland for her. She's only 5, but knows everything is just pretend, that Mickey and Friends are just people in costume, and the Princesses aren't the real princesses. She loves the theming and thrills, but the magic's not there for her anymore.

Welcome to the club? haha, ive been pretty disneyed out. sometimes i wonder what im still doing on the a disney board haha. I do enjoy the new stuff though. but if you tell me to go in there regularly, i just cant do it.

I really want to go to Dubai and Abu Dhabi in 2021. One of my friends lived in Abu Dhabi for two years and loved it! He said the cost of living was really low and he saved a ton of money over his two years there. Funnily enough, DH had the news on the other night and they were reporting on Saudi Arabia. DH says "I don't think we should go there." Umm, ok... we're not. Saudi Arabia and the UAE are two very different places :rotfl2: Apparently he had gotten them confused.
Im a person who also want to go to Dubai and check out the sheer technology that place has built up. I watch a lot of youtube and have been pinning a lot of places to go visit there. Considering stopping in Dubai for a couple of days and then head to my final destination at some ocean destination is my idea. (ie Maldives, etc)
watching some youtube vlogs, lots of rules about going with a SO though, no kissing in public, no hugging in public... etc. scare thought. haha.

We brought good friends who are not Disney people..the only other time they went was 10 years ago when shared our DVC with them....did the same last May but needed a lot more villas since they have grandchildren now.

It was a very different type of trip from what we take when it’s just our family but I knew it would be going it and had no expectations other than watching the little ones enjoy Disney.
The 6 year old is always asking when she can go back with us...hopefully we will do another trip with them..but in rented houses or larger villas off site since I’m not willing to use 3 years of points for one trip
me too! I've never gone on so FEW rides at Disney,but I had a BLAST with all the littles and just enjoying it all.

Quoting myself to say no email at all since applying but I do see the CC $$ as pending, so maybe that is a good sign. Anyone else do PNC funding that had a delay when opening account? Maybe it is normal? Have never done this. @wendow ? I know you opened for your DD recently.
We had an email right away for her. I also recently opened one for myself and I am almost positive the email came right away then too.

DH was approved for the CSP this morning....with a crazy high (to me anyway)credit limit....will definitely be lowering it prior to his next application

I was a little nervous about applying since it’s just over a month since his CIC....but all went well..it’s showing up on his Chase account and I SM asking for it to be expedited....not sure if it’s possible but we will see

Congrats!!

:rotfl: basically anything out of the country. This was talking Europe though.

I should tell him a lot of the fancy lounges are outside the country, maybe that will help :rotfl:

I am not sure about the fancy lounges outside of the country, but I have discovered that in this country, a lot of the fancy lounges are in the international terminals. Unfortunately I have discovered this when I am not traveling out of the country . . .

. And it depends on the time too I think, like I looked up the same week in Sept 2019 as we did this last year for 7 day PHs and it's $1.20 more (though I think part of that is they expect a lull before SWL). Tickets for ILs next summer will be $8 or $17 more depending on what we go with. I'm looking at $60 or $75 a person for a show right now... spent almost $300 on my Christmas concert tickets... $184 to see the Frozen preview here in Denver...

Yeah, and those shows are a few hours. You get a full days worth of entertainment at Disney. I still go to shows and see sporting events because I do think it’s worth it but Disney really isn’t out of line in their pricing and you do get Fastpass included. Granted it’s just SO and I and these increases for a family with kids is a huge difference. What really scares me is the rate that it’s increasing every year. They can’t keep doing 10% increases every year or we will be priced out very soon.

You just know another price hike is coming when SWL opens. It's not even a question. I don't know how people with kids come here, and that's sad. It's a family place!

umors are flying to expect another AP price increase in February, so if you're planning to renew, definitely make sure you do it before then!

The opening of SWL is what ultimately prompted me to purchase the AP vouchers to lock in prices for our future trips (and we aren't even SW fans, but knowing the franchise will cost us more, in general). Even with just DH and I, when I thought about it, I rather just get the APs and have the option of going for a long weekend if we wanted to and that would just be baked into the cost. We did DL this year instead of WDW and plan to go back next year (or the following at the latest in terms of returning to WDW), so I knew I needed to lock in prices if 2019 = SWL. I had a pair of 7-day non-expiring PHs, and then I bought one set of AP vouchers before the Feb increase, and finally, a second set after I hemmed and hawed following the announcement of the tier pricing structure. If we have children in the near future, at the very least, our tickets are now covered at 'old' prices because I too fear what 2019 and beyond brings. We are fortunate to be able to hold 2 sets of vouchers and a pair of tickets, but for those with families at the moment, it's hard to crunch the numbers and still see everything as 'affordable'.

I hope it's okay to ask this WDW ticket question here...
Would it be possible to book non hopper tix for my stay with the exception of 1 day where I do get a hopper tix from UT or somewhere cheaper? I would "hop" my last day and I don't want to pay an extra $300 just to hop for a day.

You can upgrade at the park but you'll pay the same price as if for the entire trip. It's not worth it for one day.

Yeah, and those shows are a few hours. You get a full days worth of entertainment at Disney. I still go to shows and see sporting events because I do think it’s worth it but Disney really isn’t out of line in their pricing and you do get Fastpass included. Granted it’s just SO and I and these increases for a family with kids is a huge difference. What really scares me is the rate that it’s increasing every year. They can’t keep doing 10% increases every year or we will be priced out very soon.
I agree! Disney and even Universal are lightyears different then the amusement park here in Denver, which runs $50 a day (or $70 for a season pass). We paid $75 a day with 7day PHs.

And same, it's just us for now but someday down the line... continuing 10% increases will price us out too.

me too! I've never gone on so FEW rides at Disney,but I had a BLAST with all the littles and just enjoying it all.
lol...we did the opposite....had to go on every ride with them...since they don’t know when or if they will get back to WDW...the best was watching the kids faces when meeting the characters

Welcome to the club? haha, ive been pretty disneyed out. sometimes i wonder what im still doing on the a disney board haha. I do enjoy the new stuff though. but if you tell me to go in there regularly, i just cant do it.

Im a person who also want to go to Dubai and check out the sheer technology that place has built up. I watch a lot of youtube and have been pinning a lot of places to go visit there. Considering stopping in Dubai for a couple of days and then head to my final destination at some ocean destination is my idea. (ie Maldives, etc)
watching some youtube vlogs, lots of rules about going with a SO though, no kissing in public, no hugging in public... etc. scare thought. haha.

Yeah, there are definitely some things to be concerned about. My friend said it's much more lax there than you think though, and that was in Abu Dhabi which is more conservative than Dubai. He lived there as a 23 year old guy and never got arrested, so I think that speaks for itself :rotfl2:

Yay, I see my CIP referral points pending on DHs account! They weren't there late last night when I looked.

I SM'd Chase to ask how long I had for my CIP MSR. Applied 10/1, went to approved 10/8, came in the mail on 10/15. They told me January 31st. I guess that's 115 days from approval? I thought it was application date.

You can upgrade at the park but you'll pay the same price as if for the entire trip. It's not worth it for one day.

I don't want to upgrade at the park. SO there isn't a way to get say 3 non hopper tix with my disney package and then get a 1 day hopper through a discounted site for the last full day of our trip?

I hope it's okay to ask this WDW ticket question here...
Would it be possible to book non hopper tix for my stay with the exception of 1 day where I do get a hopper tix from UT or somewhere cheaper? I would "hop" my last day and I don't want to pay an extra $300 just to hop for a day.
Not much discount on one day tickets anywhere, some times they're even more expensive than buying from Disney.

Have to price out all the options, but usually getting the hopper had been cheaper. If only hopping to 2 parks in one day, can look at buying a single day base ticket for the 2nd park and keep it separate. Can buy one less day on your main ticket and buy a single day hopper for the last day ( which is probably the most expensive option). Or just add hopping to your main ticket.

I don't want to upgrade at the park. SO there isn't a way to get say 3 non hopper tix with my disney package and then get a 1 day hopper through a discounted site for the last full day of our trip?
1 day and 2 day tickets are typically more than Disney's price on discount sites. So you want 3 days of non hoppers and one day of hopper? Just playing around, but a 3 day non hopper starting today is $339 for an adult, a 4 day hopper is $409, so you'd need a one day hopper for less than $70 to come out ahead... Is that what you mean?

Not familiar with the way packages work since we own DVC....but if they require you to buy tickets for the length of your stay....maybe compare the cost of booking just the room and buying the tickets elsewhere at a discount...maybe undercover tourist VS a package

Those of you who added an AU to the CSP and received the 5,000URs ...did you do so through the website , app or a link ?

Last edited:
For those who have Marriott points & want to use them at SPG legacy properties, I found this on a blog post (Sam Chui) from 9/22:

upload_2018-10-17_11-56-18.png

Keep in mind that this is Marriott that we're talking about, and the problems they've had with the rollout of the merger have been epic. Still, just keep an eye out for these transitions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter