I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH was approved for the CSP this morning....with a crazy high (to me anyway)credit limit....will definitely be lowering it prior to his next application

I was a little nervous about applying since it’s just over a month since his CIC....but all went well..it’s showing up on his Chase account and I SM asking for it to be expedited....not sure if it’s possible but we will see

Though the other night, out of the blue, DH goes, I want to go to Dubai. :confused3 This is a big deal, because before he went to Quebec, Canada for work 2 years ago, he was always like, I don't really have a desire to leave the country. He was also scared/nervous of the idea. And I was like, well you have two choices. You can come anyways, or I will go by myself. And you can go on guy trips with your dad and brothers to Mount St Helens.

I really want to go to Dubai and Abu Dhabi in 2021. One of my friends lived in Abu Dhabi for two years and loved it! He said the cost of living was really low and he saved a ton of money over his two years there. Funnily enough, DH had the news on the other night and they were reporting on Saudi Arabia. DH says "I don't think we should go there." Umm, ok... we're not. Saudi Arabia and the UAE are two very different places :rotfl2: Apparently he had gotten them confused.

It did take our CC info. - We went through all the steps and then got the Your Application is currently under review page. We did this yesterday afternoon and she is still sleeping so I will have her check when she wakes up to see if she got any email from them. She hadn't gotten any emails a few hours after applying when she last checked.

Quoting myself to say no email at all since applying but I do see the CC $$ as pending, so maybe that is a good sign. Anyone else do PNC funding that had a delay when opening account? Maybe it is normal? Have never done this. @wendow ? I know you opened for your DD recently.

When SW Biz and personal cards are at 60k and 50k it doesn’t matter much. The bonus alone gets you the 110k pts is when you spent money didn’t really matter. The greater focus on this right now is related to the personal card being at 40k making the 110k a little harder to attain (if you don’t have access to a 50k in flight offer). The other thing is people are just being super cautious to not screw up and have the bonus accidentally post in 2018. Fraud, Returns, Miscalculations and other issues have caused people to hit their MSR too early.
gotcha- thanks. I'm aware of all the other reports of fails due to those mistakes, but the extra spend to hit it makes sense for the timing now. I'll be sure to make a note so I don't forget!

Oh yeah I agree, my reference to the price increases and soda was more to do with their recent hikes on food. I honestly think the ticket prices aren’t that bad. Yeah it’s expensive but if you want to do any kind of entertainment it’s expensive. Two hour sport games are easily $150-200. More if you want to see a play off game. Broadway shows are ridiculous too. Six flags is $60 a ticket and that place smells. I think I get more bang for my buck going to Disney then a lot of other options. Heck my family went to ocean city and for four kids it was about $350 for the day for carnival boardwalk rides. Coney Island is the same way. The food price increases are really what upsets me and will be where we cut back at a certain point.

You can say that again. I don't even want to know how much we've spend on Broadway shows over the past few years (which included two pairs of orchestra Hamilton tickets at face value). The park tickets increase doesn't bother me that much. But I'm with you, the food prices will be where we cut. There's not a lot of dining at WDW I considered to be worth the price in the first place and when we travel, we tend to look for hole-in-the-wall places, with maybe one splurge every couple of days. There are increasingly fewer hole-in-the-wall priced places at WDW.

This is us. We eat breakfast in the villa every day (we stay I 1 br even when it's just the 2 of us) and either eat lunch or dinner in each day as well. Since we fly and don't rent a car we get food delivered. In July we used Instacart for Publx delivery, including booze for our in-villa drinks :D

Satuli Canteen is a new favorite--we've eaten their twice in each of our last three trips. On our couple-only trips, we've eaten multiple times at lounges like Nomad Lounge, Sanaa's lounge, and the one in the Grand Floridian. We tried Brown Derby for lunch in July and found it to be surprisingly affordable. I think we might try the outside lounge area next time we're there during mild weather.

I am the same way...I don't like the ticket prices or the increase to the AP's but for the value you can generally get out of them I think it is there still. Completely agree on the food. One of the factors in us deciding to buy into DVC was having the kitchen and being able to cook. I am signing up for owner's locker and then DH and I are going shopping this trip so that when we return in January and stay DVC our drinks will be ready to go. As far as the tickets I just wish I could have renewed before the increase. Not like there isn't going to be another one though.

:offtopic: Our trip Next week will be with our girls and my parents. I figured that DH and I should take advantage of having a babysitter for once and so are going to go out one night. I know we want to end at the Top of the World Lounge at BLT. It will be Friday night so want to avoid Epcot Food and Wine scene. Any recommendations of where to eat though? I was thinking of doing a modified monorail bar crawl. I had considered going to Disney Springs and doing Raglan Road but we really don't like it there so took that off the table.

It should be in your account by now to check, but it should be the unlimited one as long as you didn't take the upgrade to Premier. They reversed the original decision to cut off in May and anniversary nights issued this year should be unlimited on the Select card ($49). It's the last one though.

Nope. No upgrade. Hoping to use it in the next couple months for NYC. But if I don't will just wait until next May when we plan to go to Chicago. It should be good then too right?

I will definitely my account also. Thanks

Nope. No upgrade. Hoping to use it in the next couple months for NYC. But if I don't will just wait until next May when we plan to go to Chicago. It should be good then too right?

I will definitely my account also. Thanks
It's good for one year from issue, so you should be good for May.

I am the same way...I don't like the ticket prices or the increase to the AP's but for the value you can generally get out of them I think it is there still. Completely agree on the food. One of the factors in us deciding to buy into DVC was having the kitchen and being able to cook. I am signing up for owner's locker and then DH and I are going shopping this trip so that when we return in January and stay DVC our drinks will be ready to go. As far as the tickets I just wish I could have renewed before the increase. Not like there isn't going to be another one though.

:offtopic: Our trip Next week will be with our girls and my parents. I figured that DH and I should take advantage of having a babysitter for once and so are going to go out one night. I know we want to end at the Top of the World Lounge at BLT. It will be Friday night so want to avoid Epcot Food and Wine scene. Any recommendations of where to eat though? I was thinking of doing a modified monorail bar crawl. I had considered going to Disney Springs and doing Raglan Road but we really don't like it there so took that off the table.

A monorail bar crawl would be fun! There's live jazz at Mizner's Lounge in the GF in the evenings (well, the musicians back to the lounge area while facing into the atrium of the main building lol). Dh and I split a couple small plates with our drinks while enjoying the music. Is Tambu Lounge at the Poly closed for refurb now? We haven't been to Trader Sam's so I don't know what kind of small plates they have there. California Grill's bar area would be great to enjoy...before it gets crowded later in the evening.

Top of the World can get very crowded. We've had better success arriving more than an hour before fireworks so that we can sit down, enjoy a bite and a drink, and then head outside to be against the wall-railing.

Though the other night, out of the blue, DH goes, I want to go to Dubai. :confused3 This is a big deal, because before he went to Quebec, Canada for work 2 years ago, he was always like, I don't really have a desire to leave the country. He was also scared/nervous of the idea. And I was like, well you have two choices. You can come anyways, or I will go by myself. And you can go on guy trips with your dad and brothers to Mount St Helens.

Scared/nervous of traveling to Canada?! It’s practically North Montana!

We’ve done the monorail thing twice...the lounge at the GF...is nice we had a drink and shared appetizers there ....done the same at the CG bar.....Trader Sams at the Poly is nice but small....they do have an outdoor patio area....
Top of the World lounge serves food as well...lots of choices...

I hope it's okay to ask this WDW ticket question here...
Would it be possible to book non hopper tix for my stay with the exception of 1 day where I do get a hopper tix from UT or somewhere cheaper? I would "hop" my last day and I don't want to pay an extra $300 just to hop for a day.

DH was approved for the CSP this morning....with a crazy high (to me anyway)credit limit....will definitely be lowering it prior to his next application

I was a little nervous about applying since it’s just over a month since his CIC....but all went well..it’s showing up on his Chase account and I SM asking for it to be expedited....not sure if it’s possible but we will see

Congratulations!

pixiedust::cheer2:party::cheer2:pixiedust:

TBH, I'm a bit Disney'ed out. I think my wife is too, and she grew up Disney. And my DD -- I think we've spoiled Disneyland for her. She's only 5, but knows everything is just pretend, that Mickey and Friends are just people in costume, and the Princesses aren't the real princesses. She loves the theming and thrills, but the magic's not there for her anymore.

Disney keeps raising prices, ostensibly in response to crowds, but the crowds keep coming (and I swear, they're growing)! It's a vicious cycle because there are folks who will pay whatever Disney demands. You know how when you're stuck in traffic and you rage at all the traffic around you? Well, someone in another car is probably doing the same thing and raging at you included. Being in that traffic is being part of the problem. Same thing with the Disney parks. We went to Disneyland two weekends ago because our APs expire this month. It happened to fall on Gay Days, Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples' Day weekend when a lot of CA schools are out that Monday, Canadian Thanksgiving, and AZ fall break. I've never seen the park so packed as on Saturday -- and we've been during the Memorial Day 24-hour parties, the opening weekend of Cars Land, Thanksgiving and Christmas week, and from what I read online it was just as bad on Monday!

I know people like to say a crowded day at Disneyland is better than no day at Disneyland. I think for us, we're at a breaking point. We won't be renewing our APs. The crowds are miserable. It's only going to get worse (and more expensive) when Star Wars land opens next summer, and Marvel land the summer after that. We ended up spending an extra $30 for MaxPass on Sunday, which was fantastic, and got in almost all the rides we wanted that day. But the point is we already spent $248 (ok, in discounted Disney GC money) on a 2-Day child Park Hopper, and had to pay another $10 to make it a bearable experience. And the crowds are still there; we just get to skip in front of most of them. We have our traditions, so we'll still go to Disneyland over Thanksgiving (when thankfully most APs are blocked out) to take in the holidays; and maybe we'll fit another short trip in some other time of the year. But too much Disney and too much crowds have made the experience not fun anymore. And the price increases aren't doing anything to help the crowds or the value of a Disney vacation.
Sadly many of us feel kind of the same,and that's a shock considering what board we're all on here....things are just not the same for most of us anymore. Even the churners and lifelong disney fans,a lot has changed.

I think you’ll be fine with dining and fast passes for 6... just book Slinky dog first...that was the hardest for me to get .and I’m sure you’ll be booking the day your window opens
Took a trip last May with 20 people...now that was fun booking fast passes for :badpc:
HA! almost the same- FP for 16 in April..... that was a major headache! And FWIW I'm glad we took that huge family trip in 2018 bc I don't think it;ll ever happen again. Now I'm planning our major family trips elsewhere.

Ok update here on the saga of DH's credit report.... I check today at CK and TU shows 14 active:headache: but EQ shows 11:thumbsup2 - so according to TU he's 5/24 and according to EQ he's 3/24...... do I need to dispute directly at TU based on this? I don't get how it can be so different from one to the other here.... so that must mean Chase had them drop off the AU's at EQ, but not TU,right? I just want to get my CP plans moving (ahem I mean DH's plans:rotfl2:) so I can figure out what else I want to try right now..... (still in the middle of using the many vgc's I bought in the past few months too!)
******ETA_ went to EXP site They log the same 3/24 as EQ.(I think Chase uses Exp in my state) does this mean he's cleared for takeoff?
*****ETA (again!) did the TU dispute at their site...now I can't do anything except wait,righto? I'm hoping this works before January
So I guess I'm impatient- I looked at CK for Dh today- still no change on TU with his status- What should I do? I REALLY want to get the ball rolling for cp asap, wwyd? TU shows 5/24 (those 2 AU's!) EQ shows 3/24,EX shows 3/24 and from that linked list it appears chase uses EX in my state.... is it smartest to just wait for the TU to clear up? Urgggg I think my impatience comes from this feeling that things can change fast,and I want to qualify for the CP while the getting is still 'ok'

HA! almost the same- FP for 16 in April..... that was a major headache! And FWIW I'm glad we took that huge family trip in 2018 bc I don't think it;ll ever happen again. Now I'm planning our major family trips elsewhere.

We brought good friends who are not Disney people..the only other time they went was 10 years ago when shared our DVC with them....did the same last May but needed a lot more villas since they have grandchildren now.

It was a very different type of trip from what we take when it’s just our family but I knew it would be going it and had no expectations other than watching the little ones enjoy Disney.
The 6 year old is always asking when she can go back with us...hopefully we will do another trip with them..but in rented houses or larger villas off site since I’m not willing to use 3 years of points for one trip

Looking at that targeted Plastiq Mastercard promo... I think I'm going to pay DHs car payment with his Arrival + this month. It'll be like I'm prepaying the fee for the payments on my car with my CIP. I ran the numbers, and essentially I:
  • Earn the same number of URs because I will stay pay $5k overall on my CIP
  • Pay 34 cents more in Plastiq fees then if I just paid with CIP and ignored the promo
  • Earn ~$11 in Arrival + points
Hmmm, 34 cents for $11 in rewards... I guess that will work.

So I guess I'm impatient- I looked at CK for Dh today- still no change on TU with his status- What should I do? I REALLY want to get the ball rolling for cp asap, wwyd? TU shows 5/24 (those 2 AU's!) EQ shows 3/24,EX shows 3/24 and from that linked list it appears chase uses EX in my state.... is it smartest to just wait for the TU to clear up? Urgggg I think my impatience comes from this feeling that things can change fast,and I want to qualify for the CP while the getting is still 'ok'

Ugh that stinks it’s taking a while....don’t blame you for wanting to get the CP started

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter