I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We fly SW all the time...I’m checking their website 2-3 times a day to see if the flights I’ve booked droppped in points ...Not sure when your traveling..if it’s a holiday time or school break by you..so don’t know if they will drop....If you can book one of the flights on points...I’d do so.
It will be much easier once you get all the RR points next year..you can book the flights as soothey come out and then just keep checking to see if the fare drops

Thank you again for your recommendation! IDK I could book the CPs from any tier, that's (one of) the best news I have received all week! I went ahead and booked the return flights for DH and I. I even have enough pts to book the flight to MCO for the both of us but I need to chat with him to see what day he wants to fly there.

Also, last night I was cleaning the mounds of mail we always seem to accumulate and found an AMEX offer for DH... "Earn 100,000 Hilton Honor Bonus Points with $0 annual fee"... I am sure he needs to apply, right? I assuming this won't affect the 5/24 for CP since it's AMEX?

Thank you again for your recommendation! IDK I could book the CPs from any tier, that's (one of) the best news I have received all week! I went ahead and booked the return flights for DH and I. I even have enough pts to book the flight to MCO for the both of us but I need to chat with him to see what day he wants to fly there.

Also, last night I was cleaning the mounds of mail we always seem to accumulate and found an AMEX offer for DH... "Earn 100,000 Hilton Honor Bonus Points with $0 annual fee"... I am sure he needs to apply, right? I assuming this won't affect the 5/24 for CP since it's AMEX?
If the Hilton honor card is a personal card..then yes it’s added to his 5/24 count....chase counts all personal cards and cards your an AU on opened in the last 24 months not just their cards

The price increases are insane. I’m afraid how much it’s going to be when we go to renew our APs in July. TBH though Disney will still get my money. We don’t think about how much things cost when SO and I are there. And when we took my sister we let her get whatever she wanted too. But it’s just the two of us most times. One day we will reach our breaking point and will start penny pinching. I have reached that point at sports stadiums we hardly buy anything there and when we had movies pass and went to the movies we didn’t buy snacks. I’m fearful of the day when I will have to do that with Disney. It’s funny because there was a major sports stadium that lowered their price of hotdogs to $2 and the REVENUE (not just amount sold) increased from when the hotdogs were $4. I think Disney would make more money too if the price was reasonable. Especially with soda they don’t even pay for that. Imagine how many they would sell it soda was $1-2?

But Disney isn't selling just hot dogs or soda, it's selling admission to their theme parks, which have finite capacity. Yes, Disney would sell more admissions and probably see just as high revenue if it lowered the ticket prices or kept it reasonable, but that's the problem -- the parks are overcrowded and that's negatively affecting the customer experience and perceived value of admission. Every time Disney raises ticket prices people say no more, and yet the parks are still crowded as heck, so Disney now gets more revenue per ticket for the same, if not higher, number of visitors.

Oh good! You’re going to the opry at a great time of year. You’ll love it!
I'm so excited!
I was looking at that earlier. AP are >$1,000. We will be getting 4 of them in April, but I'm not sure how much we will be going after those are expired.

Edit: I see it is the Platinum Plus AP that is >$1,000 the Platinum is $952 with tax.
Each went up $48 total inccluding tax. I was curious since we just bought ours at the beginning of Sept.
It's really outrageous. I've decided that we will take a break and then get APs, go 2-3 of times using them, and then take a long break again. The ticket prices make a short trip to WDW just too expensive these days. :sad2: If we do get to a park in the next 2 years I suspect it will be DL and just for a couple of days (or I'll do the AP thing there first).
I think this is what we might be moving towards. This is one more angle for me to push for a Europe trip and DLP...

I have a Southwest premier card and I missed the upgrade to the Priority. I understand I have to cancel my current card and apply again for the new one. Just wonder how long I would have to wait to do this. Thanks.

I have a Southwest premier card and I missed the upgrade to the Priority. I understand I have to cancel my current card and apply again for the new one. Just wonder how long I would have to wait to do this. Thanks.

To get the RR bonus points you have to wait 24 months from when you last received the sign up bonus on any SW personal card

Chase question. Now that we are finally 4/24, you know I am after the CP for next year. I have a Disney Premier Visa that I do not intend to pay the fee for another year, and hit has a ridiculously high credit limit. I know I need to lower that limit, to keep our total CL low enough for the SW approvals. I have two regular Disney Visas already, so it seems silly to downgrade it to the free card. Is there any reason you would just lower the CL and downgrade it instead of just closing it altogether?

5/24 is counting all credit accounts from any issuer on your credit report. So yes eventually when the AmEx shows up on your report it will count.

The 100k Hilton is easy to get without the mailer so you are not stuck on just him for that one.

Question as far as the IHG free night. I got my card 7/2017 So am eligible for a free night. But just wondering since I can't keep up with they're changes or latest news, is my free night to be an unlimited? Other words stay at one of the hotels no matter what the point amount? Hope I asked that clear...

But Disney isn't selling just hot dogs or soda, it's selling admission to their theme parks, which have finite capacity. Yes, Disney would sell more admissions and probably see just as high revenue if it lowered the ticket prices or kept it reasonable, but that's the problem -- the parks are overcrowded and that's negatively affecting the customer experience and perceived value of admission. Every time Disney raises ticket prices people say no more, and yet the parks are still crowded as heck, so Disney now gets more revenue per ticket for the same, if not higher, number of visitors.

Oh yeah I agree, my reference to the price increases and soda was more to do with their recent hikes on food. I honestly think the ticket prices aren’t that bad. Yeah it’s expensive but if you want to do any kind of entertainment it’s expensive. Two hour sport games are easily $150-200. More if you want to see a play off game. Broadway shows are ridiculous too. Six flags is $60 a ticket and that place smells. I think I get more bang for my buck going to Disney then a lot of other options. Heck my family went to ocean city and for four kids it was about $350 for the day for carnival boardwalk rides. Coney Island is the same way. The food price increases are really what upsets me and will be where we cut back at a certain point.

Last edited:
Question as far as the IHG free night. I got my card 7/2017 So am eligible for a free night. But just wondering since I can't keep up with they're changes or latest news, is my free night to be an unlimited? Other words stay at one of the hotels no matter what the point amount? Hope I asked that clear...
It should be in your account by now to check, but it should be the unlimited one as long as you didn't take the upgrade to Premier. They reversed the original decision to cut off in May and anniversary nights issued this year should be unlimited on the Select card ($49). It's the last one though.

Chase question. Now that we are finally 4/24, you know I am after the CP for next year. I have a Disney Premier Visa that I do not intend to pay the fee for another year, and hit has a ridiculously high credit limit. I know I need to lower that limit, to keep our total CL low enough for the SW approvals. I have two regular Disney Visas already, so it seems silly to downgrade it to the free card. Is there any reason you would just lower the CL and downgrade it instead of just closing it altogether?

I’d only downgrade it if it’s one of your oldest cards....if not just cancel

Oh yeah I agree, my reference to the price increases and soda was more to do with their recent hikes on food. I honestly think the ticket prices aren’t that bad. Yeah it’s expensive but if you want to do any kind of entertainment it’s expensive. Two hour sport games are easily $150-200. More if you want to see a play off game. Broadway shows are ridiculous too. Six flags is $60 a ticket and that place smells. I think I get more bang for my buck going to Disney then a lot of other options. Heck my family went to ocean city and for four kids it was about $350 for the day for carnival boardwalk rides. Coney Island is the same way. The food price increases are really what upsets me and will be where we cut back at a certain point.

You can say that again. I don't even want to know how much we've spend on Broadway shows over the past few years (which included two pairs of orchestra Hamilton tickets at face value). The park tickets increase doesn't bother me that much. But I'm with you, the food prices will be where we cut. There's not a lot of dining at WDW I considered to be worth the price in the first place and when we travel, we tend to look for hole-in-the-wall places, with maybe one splurge every couple of days. There are increasingly fewer hole-in-the-wall priced places at WDW.

You can say that again. I don't even want to know how much we've spend on Broadway shows over the past few years (which included two pairs of orchestra Hamilton tickets at face value). The park tickets increase doesn't bother me that much. But I'm with you, the food prices will be where we cut. There's not a lot of dining at WDW I considered to be worth the price in the first place and when we travel, we tend to look for hole-in-the-wall places, with maybe one splurge every couple of days. There are increasingly fewer hole-in-the-wall priced places at WDW.

This is us. We eat breakfast in the villa every day (we stay I 1 br even when it's just the 2 of us) and either eat lunch or dinner in each day as well. Since we fly and don't rent a car we get food delivered. In July we used Instacart for Publx delivery, including booze for our in-villa drinks :D

Satuli Canteen is a new favorite--we've eaten their twice in each of our last three trips. On our couple-only trips, we've eaten multiple times at lounges like Nomad Lounge, Sanaa's lounge, and the one in the Grand Floridian. We tried Brown Derby for lunch in July and found it to be surprisingly affordable. I think we might try the outside lounge area next time we're there during mild weather.

Very true. And it depends on the time too I think, like I looked up the same week in Sept 2019 as we did this last year for 7 day PHs and it's $1.20 more (though I think part of that is they expect a lull before SWL). Tickets for ILs next summer will be $8 or $17 more depending on what we go with. I'm looking at $60 or $75 a person for a show right now... spent almost $300 on my Christmas concert tickets... $184 to see the Frozen preview here in Denver...
Come join the dark side...:darth:
I think I've spoiled DH with APs and he thinks we need them forever now :faint:

And I'm over here like... Europe... Europe... :rotfl: There's so many places I'd like to go in Europe, even before Asia makes my list personally (unless they have a Disney park...).

Though the other night, out of the blue, DH goes, I want to go to Dubai. :confused3 This is a big deal, because before he went to Quebec, Canada for work 2 years ago, he was always like, I don't really have a desire to leave the country. He was also scared/nervous of the idea. And I was like, well you have two choices. You can come anyways, or I will go by myself. And you can go on guy trips with your dad and brothers to Mount St Helens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter