I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DISchurners Announcement:
Please update your SW links (or really just your description/text). We don’t want to mislead anybody thinking that they’ll get 50k points. It appears that all links now point to a 40k Offer.

I'm only 20 minutes in and I'm so confused. :crazy2:

Confusion is good. It will lead to understanding if you take your time and evaluate what is best for you.
But a note - you really don't want to start reading from the beginning as there have been many changes along the way. The world of credit cards and perks is constantly changing so it's probably best to just step in where you started posting and ask questions if you don't understand.

And, the answers that are best for you can be widely different than the 40 cards for South Fayetteville, but he can still give you a great insight into what might profit you long term. I'm small potatoes - I don't have a lot of spend and I'm retired, but I've still learned to take advantage of what works with my lifestyle.

The biggest caution is don't charge up what you can't pay off with no interest being paid. Credit card perks are of little value if you have to pay interest. Some here can spend or figure out how to manage spending $8K-10K or more in 3 months - while I might not be able to do $2K in 3 months unless I have to buy a roof or something like that. But we all seem to get along just great!

I’m recovering from the bad churning week—no CP for us, denied for CIC- by focusing on maximizing elsewhere. Tried a triple point dip this am. Got a coupon for $50 off 100 at Lands End, linked thru AA shopping portal and used PayPal to check out Hopefully will get AA and UR points. Also joined the fuel rewards thing at Albertsons/Jewel and there is $10 off 100 VGC which is perfect since I need a way to pay for gas. Gonna buy some Walmart GCs too & Pay with Discover

Booking a hotel for this summer- Hyatt house in Pittsburgh, cash rate 238 a night.

Should I do 8k points a night (16k total) or 4k+$55 a night? Points being transferred from UR.

Booking a hotel for this summer- Hyatt house in Pittsburgh, cash rate 238 a night.

Should I do 8k points a night (16k total) or 4k+$55 a night? Points being transferred from UR.

I'm no expert on UR/Hyatt points, but the points plus cash seems like a good deal ($120 in value for $55). I guess it mainly depends how much you want to hoard your UR points.

Wading in to ask some advice, since the issue of making car loan payments on CC just came up.

I have a car loan with Wells Fargo, but I don't bank with them (it was bought out). Looking through here and some other articles online, several banks do not accept CC payments, unless it's from their own CC line.

Would it be worth applying for a a WF CashWise Visa, with a $200 bonus after $1000 in the first three months, and a 1.5% cash rewards on purchases? Does anyone have any experience with WF CC? Thanks!
I use plastiq for Toyota. Have a chase car loan but haven’t tried plastiq for that.
Plastiq is great and the dischurners group has some links.

I used the Chase Sapphire shopping portal for the first time. My purchase is not there or listed as "pending." How long before it shows up?

Last edited:

The cash and points sounds good but depending on how many points you have, I'd do all points. I'd be holding onto my cash, using the points and doing everything I could to get more points going forward, if I had a lot of points. If I had big plans for the points and needed to conserve them I'd let the cash out of my wallet.

Cash can earn interest in the bank. Points will just sit there, waiting to be devalued, so my usual plan is to use them and get more.

CSP 60k is no longer available it seems...

Really? It only FINALLY showed up as an option when I was looking at chase cards yesterday or the day before. Prior to that the only option I'd get was the 50k one and I'd have to check a blogger link to see the 60k. They're really hating on me, and just when I was finally ready to apply. Guess that means someone will get a support click then.

Really? It only FINALLY showed up as an option when I was looking at chase cards yesterday or the day before. Prior to that the only option I'd get was the 50k one and I'd have to check a blogger link to see the 60k. They're really hating on me, and just when I was finally ready to apply. Guess that means someone will get a support click then.
When I tried DoC’s 60k link Chase re-directed it to a 50k no af offer. Honestly, I’m surprised it disappeared so fast :(

I don’t actually buy groceries at Jewel :blush: Sorry, their prices are not cheap. I may however buy gift cards, although I see from the fine print Shell GCs will not count towards any rewards.
Well you do not have to buy the items for they give away free items every weekend most are good like this weekend is chocolate milk, yogurt, and chow mein. I tend to go to jewels or target out of convenience (i can pick up things on the way to work or before picking DS) yet i enjoy the free items since they started

So DH was officially denied for the CIP, he's super grumpy at me about it. We did get him the SPG card and will use that to book two nights in NYC in the fall.

I'm just not sure where to go next with churning. I'm at 4/24 until later this month when an AU falls off. DH is at 2/24 until later this month when he goes back to 1/24.

Here are the cards we each hold:

Him- SW plus, CSP, and SPG

Me- SW Premier, Disney, CSP, CSR, Freedom

My fee is coming up this month on my CSP, I'd like to PC that to the Freedom Unlimited. Can I call before the yearly fee hits?

We could both cancel our SW cards. Should we cancel or should we wait to see what the new card will be? I was hoping to earn the CP early in 2019.

So DH was officially denied for the CIP, he's super grumpy at me about it. We did get him the SPG card and will use that to book two nights in NYC in the fall.

I'm just not sure where to go next with churning. I'm at 4/24 until later this month when an AU falls off. DH is at 2/24 until later this month when he goes back to 1/24.

Here are the cards we each hold:

Him- SW plus, CSP, and SPG

Me- SW Premier, Disney, CSP, CSR, Freedom

My fee is coming up this month on my CSP, I'd like to PC that to the Freedom Unlimited. Can I call before the yearly fee hits?

We could both cancel our SW cards. Should we cancel or should we wait to see what the new card will be? I was hoping to earn the CP early in 2019.

Sorry about the CIP. :flower3: Do you know what the reason was?

When did he get his CSP? If it was over 24 mths ago he could close it and then double dip the CSP/CSR for a bunch of URs.
I don't know what everyone else is doing in regards to their SW cards, but CP is super valuable for us, so I am not touching ours til I have all the info. If you AFs aren't due super soon, I let them sit there a bit.
Another thing DH could do is use your referral for a CF. You could PC your CSP to a CFU and refer him to that one too. If you want multiple CFs, then later PC those CFUs to more CFs. That is some easy UR earning. I love CFs. We can easily max the categories though.

As for you, how about use his SPG biz to refer you for one? That won't affect your */24 and will boost your SPG/marriott stash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter