• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chase travel number....anyone know if I can book a park/sleep/fly hotel by calling in? I can see the hotel I want,but the package together so we can leave the car?

The register should take the phone number associated with your loyalty account. Then, when you go to pump gas, you will be asked to enter your phone number at the pump and it will pull up the rewards available and ask if you want to use them. Apologies because I don’t know if there is also a fuel partner in Chicago, but in Idaho and California, the fuel rewards can also be used at Chevron.
In chicago, jewels is partner with shells which is great especially when bp amd shell does pricing wars. When at the shells pump it will state jewels rewards, you will use alt id and put the number associated with the account. If you are just signing up for mymxx then make sure to add the free items to your account before going to the store

We are planning to buy DD a seat and use a car seat so we need 3 tickets. Never flown frontier.

Is this your first flight with your baby? My older daughter has had her babies (15 months and 27 months) on many flights now and she has purchased 2 car seats from Walmart which follow the guidelines and only weigh 8 pounds each. These car seats are about $45 each and she learned about them on some blog or other. Much easier to attach to the stroller with a hook and then she checks the stroller once she gets to the door of the plane. She's flown grand daughter #1 to Italy, South America, Florida, Colorado 4 or 5 times, and has learned what works. Grand daughter # 2 has only been to South America, Florida and Colorado - poor travel deprived child at 15 months! Of course this is the daughter that took her first flight with me at 7 weeks, so she's been flying almost all her life! When she flies one of us takes her to the airport and goes through security with her when she goes alone with the babies. She would not fly without a car seat.

Break even for bcp is really $3200/year at grocery stores not $1600 since bce is 3% back with no AF.
also if you go for BCP like I did last year google around and search for the no AF offer..... it was a sweet deal with no af 1st year,plus $200 bonus with the card...... I love that card, but right now my attention is diverted with either Discover IT or FR cards on grocery.... (I keep forgetting about the 3x gas on BCP tho!!!) Anyone know if I can get a 2nd card on my IT by asking for a 'replacement'?

Is this your first flight with your baby? My older daughter has had her babies (15 months and 27 months) on many flights now and she has purchased 2 car seats from Walmart which follow the guidelines and only weigh 8 pounds each. These car seats are about $45 each and she learned about them on some blog or other. Much easier to attach to the stroller with a hook and then she checks the stroller once she gets to the door of the plane. She's flown grand daughter #1 to Italy, South America, Florida, Colorado 4 or 5 times, and has learned what works. Grand daughter # 2 has only been to South America, Florida and Colorado - poor travel deprived child at 15 months! Of course this is the daughter that took her first flight with me at 7 weeks, so she's been flying almost all her life! When she flies one of us takes her to the airport and goes through security with her when she goes alone with the babies. She would not fly without a car seat.

Yes, this will be DD's first flight. Your daughter and I might have read the same blog. I have been reading through the site, Car Seats for The Littles at https://csftl.org/ It has great information all about traveling with kiddies and keeping them safe. Lap babies just aren't as safe as babies in car seats. DH and I decided that we would rather spend a little extra money than risk DD's safety. And I am planning to get a car seat that sounds very similar to what your daughter has, light weight and inexpensive, but meets all the requirements for airlines. I got this stroller at Target on clearance for $35 for when we travel. https://www.target.com/p/chicco-lite-way-stroller/-/A-46772806?preselect=53281597#lnk=sametab

And plan to use this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JHN3AS/ to attach the car seat to the stroller when we are in the airport and then just gate check the stroller when we get to the gate.

Yes, this will be DD's first flight. Your daughter and I might have read the same blog. I have been reading through the site, Car Seats for The Littles at https://csftl.org/ It has great information all about traveling with kiddies and keeping them safe. Lap babies just aren't as safe as babies in car seats. DH and I decided that we would rather spend a little extra money than risk DD's safety. And I am planning to get a car seat that sounds very similar to what your daughter has, light weight and inexpensive, but meets all the requirements for airlines. I got this stroller at Target on clearance for $35 for when we travel. https://www.target.com/p/chicco-lite-way-stroller/-/A-46772806?preselect=53281597#lnk=sametab

And plan to use this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JHN3AS/ to attach the car seat to the stroller when we are in the airport and then just gate check the stroller when we get to the gate.

On one of the first trips they broke her Mamas and Papas stroller. That was the best stroller - rolls- no glides along with one finger. She travels with a humongous double stroller that had to be squeezed through the area, but after they broke the nice one, she will only bring this big thing. She also has a chicco that went with the infant carseat but it wasn't as user friendly. The chicco umbrella stroller looks like a deal at the price you paid. They've done trial and error with many strollers, including some very pricey models - bugaboo I'm looking at you - and have what I call the stroller graveyard in the carport. Between us I've counted 7 car seats! (Two in each of their cars and one in mine.) I keep one in my car so that it's less trouble to do the transfer but now need the second as youngest is no longer in the infant seat. I also keep a stroller in my car.

Chase travel number....anyone know if I can book a park/sleep/fly hotel by calling in? I can see the hotel I want,but the package together so we can leave the car?
The number for the cruise and tour department is 855-234-2542. You have to request to speak to that department. They have more experience in booking trips. Some have spoke to Melissa or Leon. But from what I’ve seen anyone in that department have been awesome to work with. Good luck hope this helps.

I haven’t tried the Chase travel number to try to book. I have used the Hyatt. Park,sleep,fly when we travel. I sent screen shots to show manager how I was able to book the package with points. He was able to follow along with the screen shots. Said I shouldn’t be able to reserve with points but gives discount member rate for parking. I use 8,000 points for the room and $5/day to park. I don’t think I will find a better deal.

Thinking about Chase's new policy regarding SW cards and the new personal card coming out: My original plan before all this was to have DH get the CP for 2019/20 because I would not be eligible. However, with the new card I should be eligible. If it is 70,000 pts that is a big chunk of the 110,000 needed for the pass. Then there is the spend to put on there to get the 70,000 bonus points that will get me closer. Then if I put EVERYTHING on that card until reaching the 110,000 I just might be able to get the CP by June. We rarely travel outside of the summer months. I would rather have the CP for me anyway since I sometimes fly with DS and not DH.
Hoping the annual fee for this new card will not be outrageous. I do not sign up for cards with more than a $95 fee even if I know I will get it back in travel rewards.

The register should take the phone number associated with your loyalty account. Then, when you go to pump gas, you will be asked to enter your phone number at the pump and it will pull up the rewards available and ask if you want to use them. Apologies because I don’t know if there is also a fuel partner in Chicago, but in Idaho and California, the fuel rewards can also be used at Chevron.
According to the Jewel-Osco website, it is Shell gas here. There are no pumps at Jewel (at least not any that I’ve seen )

It is Embassy Suites Tempe. It showed me from 33k per night before I logged in and then wouldn’t show me anything when I logged in. So not sure which room type might be for 33k. 28k MR gives me 56k Hilton points.

Ok, so it leaves $50.38 due if you transfer those points. Thats total, incl tax.

Last edited:
We are planning to buy DD a seat and use a car seat so we need 3 tickets. Never flown frontier.

If you end up with SW there is a really good chance you could bring her seat for free. As a mom of 4 who has flown SW prob 6x a year I haven’t been able to use the car seat 1 time that I remember.
In reality, I found mine slept best when I baby wore them on the plane. But it was always nice to be able to strap them in for a break.

In chicago, jewels is partner with shells which is great especially when bp amd shell does pricing wars. When at the shells pump it will state jewels rewards, you will use alt id and put the number associated with the account. If you are just signing up for mymxx then make sure to add the free items to your account before going to the store
I don’t actually buy groceries at Jewel :blush: Sorry, their prices are not cheap. I may however buy gift cards, although I see from the fine print Shell GCs will not count towards any rewards.

If you end up with SW there is a really good chance you could bring her seat for free. As a mom of 4 who has flown SW prob 6x a year I haven’t been able to use the car seat 1 time that I remember.
In reality, I found mine slept best when I baby wore them on the plane. But it was always nice to be able to strap them in for a break.
I’m only a mom of 1, but always took car seat for DS and put him in it, in his own seat. He slept great. On a 12 hour flight, he slept 8 hours of it. Personally it would have freaked me out to wear him, especially all the turbulence we had on that same 12 hr flight. The seat belt sign was on for most of that flight and we were unable to get out of our seats.

The other day when I said I couldn't figure out how to input my Amex in a website it was for Spotify. I was at store yesterday and saw Spotify giftcards so I bought one thinking that is how I will get it on my Amex and get fuel points too. Bring it home and try to add it to account and I can't because we have the family plan and apparently in tiny print on the card it says you can't use for family plan. Grrrrrrr I don't get why they care what you use it for. It is money all the same, right?? So now I have a useless $60 giftcard. Maybe someone will get it as a graduation present.

So far I haven’t had any problems using plastiq. I was able to use them for my mortgage, cable, car payment and electric bill. I stand to make 11k UR points this month. Thanks to all for everything.
Don't forget when keeping track of how much you make to subtract how much it cost you in fees :)

Talk to me about the Marriott card. I'm wondering about withdrawing DH's CIP application (and possibly reapplying in a few months) and just doing the Marriott application. We are hoping to do a weekend in NYC in the fall. It looks like the 75000 bonus along with the 19000 Marriott points we already have could get us 2 nights at a nice hotel for 90000 points. The cash value would be $1080.

Would it make sense to do that? As I said, DH is 1/24 and actually that 1 falls off sometime this month.
I would try to apply for the SPG personal in that case, try to get the 30k via incognito. That would get you 99k Marriott points for the same spend.

I flew LAX-HNL on Hawaiian... huge plane, no legroom, pay for in-flight entertainment, free meal. Meal was kinda edible (a meal in economy- seriously unexpected, accompanied by wine- go red. (Trust me, if you drink!) Being Californian- white wasn’t drinkable. Admittedly this was a couple years ago.) Personally, I’d fly AS over HA because I’d have the option to pay for extra legroom even if I booked via UR portal. If you’re looking to burn through HA miles burn ‘em but personally I was unimpressed and hated how massive the plane was (like 5(?) across in the middle big).
Tried to add this earlier idk why it didn’t take but ETA: @Lain probably has a better opinion of HA & def more experience than I. I only had one experience with HA.

Good to know. I keep looking at HA because I was equating it in my head to DME which gets the vaca started for me. I know, some people hate it. Ha!

I use plastiq to meet the spend on my Amex cards even though it cost me 1.5%. I just cannot meet the spend any other way but I much prefer to put it on the CIP and actually, make money on the deal :)

I’ve been doing this too. Otherwise the msr will take forever. Darn Amex.

I use the same car seat for travel. And when not traveling it is in our golf cart.
I check our travel stroller though. Have a citi mini for that. I baby wear thru the airport. Don’t want to deal with the stroller at the gate. I always felt stressed trying to fold it and bag it quickly so as to not hold up the line.

I’m only a mom of 1, but always took car seat for DS and put him in it, in his own seat. He slept great. On a 12 hour flight, he slept 8 hours of it. Personally it would have freaked me out to wear him, especially all the turbulence we had on that same 12 hr flight. The seat belt sign was on for most of that flight and we were unable to get out of our seats.

I see it as strapped to me or strapped to a seat...either way strapped in. If the plane goes down I’d rather be holding them than in a seat, if that’s the concern. Many non-US based carriers don’t even allow car seats. My bestie flies from Germany and is not allowed to use one. Mine were all belly sleepers, so sleeping in a seat means they wake after 45 mins because they can’t turn over. I do like having the seat during wake times though, esp once they are crawlers and want to climb down. They are statistically much safer on an airplane out of a car seat than in a car in a car seat, so I rest fine at night. Each family has to do what they feel is best. I believe SW sells a discounted ticket for kids under 2 if you don’t want to chance there being an empty seat for you to use your car seat free.

Went to Chase to do the $200 savings bonus. Didn't get it because I wanted to move money from my checking. Not "new money." Womp womp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter