• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah got denied just now with a long statement saying it would not be fair to the other card members... I sent them a new card member, how is that not fair to others? LOL! After two back to back denials (CIP Match and this) I kinda just want to reply with cancel the card and refund my $450 and I will use that as the referral bonus. :rotfl2:

Oh bummer. I'm so sorry. I'd be annoyed with Chase as well. TBH though, most get denied when asking for the 100k CIP match and other than @SouthFayetteFan getting his points for his dad on his SW card, I've not ever seen any other DP's on getting referral points when someone didn't use your link. It's frustrating though cause you did bring them a customer so even some courtesy points would be nice!

if CP is the end goal, i do it. its what now, 50k 50k(old links)? so just need to spend 4k for CP?
If goal is for some nice benefits, id wait for the new card.
Im not familiar with SW cards, as i always thought UR --> SW was easier for me to handle than an SW card.

meanwhile, im kicking myself for picking those dates for Hawaii. its 40-50k on Hawaiian, 45k for UA. nothing on KE and BA(although i havent made the calls).
I did however find AS flies Nonstop RT for $415... thats actually really cheap compared to hawaiians $800... hmmmmmm...
I flew LAX-HNL on Hawaiian... huge plane, no legroom, pay for in-flight entertainment, free meal. Meal was kinda edible (a meal in economy- seriously unexpected, accompanied by wine- go red. (Trust me, if you drink!) Being Californian- white wasn’t drinkable. Admittedly this was a couple years ago.) Personally, I’d fly AS over HA because I’d have the option to pay for extra legroom even if I booked via UR portal. If you’re looking to burn through HA miles burn ‘em but personally I was unimpressed and hated how massive the plane was (like 5(?) across in the middle big).
Tried to add this earlier idk why it didn’t take but ETA: @Lain probably has a better opinion of HA & def more experience than I. I only had one experience with HA.

Last edited:
Had $75 of airline credit for Frontier left on my Amex plat. Just used it to buy a checked bag RT to Orlando for Disney!
Switched my $100 credit from Delta to Frontier on my Amex PRG. Used it to buy better seats in the front of the plane for the same Disney trip.

All my airline credits are now officially burned for the year and it's only April, yikes! [Until I get the Ameriprise plat this summer, lol]

Yeah... for a sole proprietorship, he should have used only his First and Last name. Anything else tends to trip up Chase’s system.

That’s funny you say that because my experience has been the opposite (so probably opposite most data points). DH’s sole proprietorship with business name completely different than our name was approved and not questioned. I put just my name on the CIP application and it was endless questions.

Other point I forgot to post earlier. Add spouse as an employee after approval. Got one and added myself today no problem. That way they didn’t want my social (were asking for it before).

Seriously Chase is so random!!!

Nah got denied just now with a long statement saying it would not be fair to the other card members... I sent them a new card member, how is that not fair to others? LOL! After two back to back denials (CIP Match and this) I kinda just want to reply with cancel the card and refund my $450 and I will use that as the referral bonus. :rotfl2:

I understand how you feel. Other than one other only referrals through myself and DH and still trying to get a legitimate Amex referral bonus to post. I am losing hope!

We are planning to buy DD a seat and use a car seat so we need 3 tickets. Never flown frontier.

I try to always fly Frontier when I go to Disney. It's no frills but also no b.s. because it's nonstop.

I've flown them to Vegas and LAX too. The California flight was about 4 hours. I just paid for a seat in the front row and it was fine. I will give up frills if it means speed and less wasted time in airports on layovers. You might consider that since you will be flying with a little one.

@Ava question for u, which department did you hail for your IHG match? Reward Inquiry?
I tried this with my Ink+ but i hailed a different department, they matched me. worth a shot?
Yes, I put it under Rewards Inquiry. They responded back to my “appeal” and said they are not able to honor my request for the 80,000 points because that offer is no longer available. I wonder if they’re now denying people because the Premier version of the card is out there with the 80K sign up bonus. Oh well. I’m letting it go, I have enough spend to do in the next 3 months anyway. They did confirm that my 60K bonus points have posted and will be transferred to the partner rewards account after the statement closes on the 9th. So now that card goes in the sock drawer.

I try to always fly Frontier when I go to Disney. It's no frills but also no b.s. because it's nonstop.

I've flown them to Vegas and LAX too. The California flight was about 4 hours. I just paid for a seat in the front row and it was fine. I will give up frills if it means speed and less wasted time in airports on layovers. You might consider that since you will be flying with a little one.

I am definitely looking for nonstop flights. At this point I don’t want to have to switch planes. A big perk of SW would be included checked bags. Though it will just be 2 nights, we might have a lot to take with dressy clothes and baby stuff. Unless Delta nonstop drops a ton, I am thinking I will hold off until 5/31 to see SW prices.

Yes, I put it under Rewards Inquiry. They responded back to my “appeal” and said they are not able to honor my request for the 80,000 points because that offer is no longer available. I wonder if they’re now denying people because the Premier version of the card is out there with the 80K sign up bonus. Oh well. I’m letting it go, I have enough spend to do in the next 3 months anyway. They did confirm that my 60K bonus points have posted and will be transferred to the partner rewards account after the statement closes on the 9th. So now that card goes in the sock drawer.

I had this same thought. All of the denials seem to be after the new card went live. Glad I squeaked in on the last day.

I was able to get credited for referral points when somebody didn't use my link. This was back in 2016 on a Southwest card. It was my father and I was able to provide his name, application date and address. They sent me a letter a couple weeks later and credited the points. That was a LONG time ago though...may not work the same now.

Oh bummer. I'm so sorry. I'd be annoyed with Chase as well. TBH though, most get denied when asking for the 100k CIP match and other than @SouthFayetteFan getting his points for his dad on his SW card, I've not ever seen any other DP's on getting referral points when someone didn't use your link. It's frustrating though cause you did bring them a customer so even some courtesy points would be nice!
I probably should have mentioned I called in (not SM) when this happened.

Safeway is a grocery store. (they do have gas pumps too, but primarily grocery)

Yeah, I went into a grocery store. I had no idea they had gas stations too.

Yes, Safeway/Albertsons have gas stations, and the number is increasing. You would think since I work for Albertsons Companies that I would know how the gas stations code, but I don’t. So please report back if you get the 5x for the fuel transaction. There is a new Albertsons fuel station near our house, and I want to use the “correct” credit car there, lol.

Yes, Safeway/Albertsons have gas stations, and the number is increasing. You would think since I work for Albertsons Companies that I would know how the gas stations code, but I don’t. So please report back if you get the 5x for the fuel transaction. There is a new Albertsons fuel station near our house, and I want to use the “correct” credit car there, lol.
Slightly off topic but since you work there, can you explain the fuel rewards program? I don’t shop at Jewel but since grocery stores are the 5% category on Discover and Freedom, I’m going to visit Jewel for some gift cards. I signed up for the program but it doesn’t actually tell you how to do it. When I make a purchase at Jewel, do I need a card or will the register take my phone number? And then how do you use the fuel rewards for x cents off?

Save Mart bought our Albertsons :sad2:. No gas pumps for us. I feel so cheated right now... (actually didn’t realize Albertsons still existed, need to educate myself some more obviously!)

Slightly off topic but since you work there, can you explain the fuel rewards program? I don’t shop at Jewel but since grocery stores are the 5% category on Discover and Freedom, I’m going to visit Jewel for some gift cards. I signed up for the program but it doesn’t actually tell you how to do it. When I make a purchase at Jewel, do I need a card or will the register take my phone number? And then how do you use the fuel rewards for x cents off?

The register should take the phone number associated with your loyalty account. Then, when you go to pump gas, you will be asked to enter your phone number at the pump and it will pull up the rewards available and ask if you want to use them. Apologies because I don’t know if there is also a fuel partner in Chicago, but in Idaho and California, the fuel rewards can also be used at Chevron.

Save Mart bought our Albertsons :sad2:. No gas pumps for us. I feel so cheated right now... (actually didn’t realize Albertsons still existed, need to educate myself some more obviously!)

Yes. It definitely exists. Albertsons owns Safeway, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randall’s, Tom Thumb, United Supermarkets, Acme, Shaw’s, Star Market, Carr’s, Haggen and I’m sure I’m forgetting another one or two.

Are you wanting to use plastiq to help meet the MSR? If so, then yes, the CIC should work fine on plastiq. Not sure how car payments work and whether or not you have to get creative like with mortgages. Otherwise, you will pay 2.5% using plastiq and will only earn 1x on the CIC so it isn't quite the UR point maker that the CIP is.

Yes it would be to help MSR also. But maybe I'll just save for CIP down the road. Thanks

Plus we'll be on vacation out West for 2 weeks so I'm sure that will help with MSR also .

Last edited:
Yes it would be to help MSR also. But maybe I'll just save for CIP down the road. Thanks

Plus we'll be on vacation out West for 2 weeks so I'm sure that will help with MSR also .

I use plastiq to meet the spend on my Amex cards even though it cost me 1.5%. I just cannot meet the spend any other way but I much prefer to put it on the CIP and actually, make money on the deal :)

Yes. It definitely exists. Albertsons owns Safeway, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randall’s, Tom Thumb, United Supermarkets, Acme, Shaw’s, Star Market, Carr’s, Haggen and I’m sure I’m forgetting another one or two.
:eek: obviously I've been living under a rock!

Grew up shopping at Tom Thumb. That was my dh's first job. I only see those in TX - Dallas area...Really nice stores!

Got my CIC today...Yay...But wondering would it work with plastiq as far as a car loan? Never used plastiq so may be willing to give it a try. I do plan on paying my loan off either way. Just wondering if CIC and plastiq would work together.
I have used my sapphire with plastiq for my car payments and it work fine so I am sure the same for CIC. I am about to pay my car loan again, but this time with CIP to meet the bonus so I Can let you know then

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter