• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for such quick answers. I went out and repaired horse waterer, cut some wood, played with DGD for a bit and came back to find many responses. No offer at this time. I will check a couple more times but if we don't get offer will definitely use a link.

I only have a CIP with DH's name on it and use it everywhere. I've never been asked anything about it.

Most places these days, the cashier does not even see your card. The few times I've actually handed them my CSR with dh's name, they don't even seem to notice.

I have met MS on 3 of DH cards and he has never left the farm.

So I'm planning to pull DH's credit report in the next couple days and from reading DoC, it seems like Chase typically uses Equifax when checking on Chase Sapphires for my state.

Obviously, handing over DH's information to Equifax isn't exactly what I'd like to do, even though I know identity fraud is everywhere. What do I do? Take the chance? Check another credit report to see if where I added him as an AU has been removed there? I know he is under 5/24, but I'm planning to double dip CSR/CSP and want to make sure we get all eligible bonuses.
It was my experience when I removed DH and myself as AUs through that some of the agencies moved quicker than others with the removals from the reports. I personally would check the report to be certain.

It was my experience when I removed DH and myself as AUs through that some of the agencies moved quicker than others with the removals from the reports. I personally would check the report to be certain.

I decided to go ahead and check Experian and the account is listed as closed! So that's nice, won't need to fight with them to close it. I haven't checked any of the others, but it's been over a month since I asked Chase to remove him as an AU and it doesn't appear the Chase checks any of the others for my state.

Now I just need to figure out when the heck I can apply where DH could call recon if necessary... I know he won't want to do it at work.

I have trouble telling if purchases get the 5% or not. I thought there was a bonus tracker on Discover but I can’t find it. Maybe someone else can find it?
I used to always go to DOCs post on what the quarter categories for all cards, and he had the link to see how far along you were in the 5%... but it's not working for me now :( Also when I log in to my account vs DHs, my layout is different now and it's harder to differentiate the 1% and 5% transactions. Otherwise I just try to do the math, but it's not too bad because I'm pretty much only using mine for the 5% category nowadays.

Applied for CIP over the weekend and just called to check the status and got the 7-10 days response. Good or bad?

We have rented a stroller for many years and never had one damaged while at the parks or busing to our resort. We have been given strollers practically falling apart and had pieces break off while we were using it but I just called the company and explained. Had no trouble and we were not charged. It was their fall for renting a stroller on it's last leg.
What company was this so I may avoid.

Oh! You beat me to this advice! I have been having lots of trouble with gyft, though. Ugh! They keep refusing my orders for "security reasons" and then telling me there will be an explanation emailed. But not email ever comes. So confusing!

I have the same issue. Super frustrating and I’ve gotten nowhere with customer service.

I fly with my toddler quite a bit (including cross-country, our family is all in CA). If yours is anything like mine, she'll sleep in tomorrow and be a little off her regular schedule, but hopefully you've got some time and can let her sleep, then go on your merry way. The bonus is that it means you'll be able to stay out a little later if you decide to go that route. I will warn you that it's a bit of a trek to DLR from San Bernadino, though... so that's something to factor in.

If it were me, I'd totally do it!

Thanks! We fly a lot but usually 90 min hops. Hopefully all will be ok. I talked up sleeping on the plane all this week. She gets thrown off going from central (Nashville) to eastern (Knoxville) so I’m more concerned about the 2 HRs. We will sleep in tomorrow and get a good nap.

It is a trek to DL but if the weather clears up we may go. It is closer than when I am in Nashville. Ha!

Applied for CIP over the weekend and just called to check the status and got the 7-10 days response. Good or bad?
Denied. Hopefully it's just because they need to verify something or shift credit around. You should get a letter in the next week or two telling you why. If you want to just go for it or need the card quickly prep yourself mentally and go ahead and call recon.

I charged EMM ticket's to DH's CIP earned 272 UR, but when my CIP came in the mail, I canceled that ordered and charged it to my CIP. I just saw that they are trying to take 817 URs (instead of 272) from his account. Who do I contact to have that fixed?

Haha! I love it. Great use of a snow day.

You have an ecommerce business! Now get that shiny new business card and really make your business grow!

Apply as a sole proprietorship. A sole proprietor is “you” so your business name is your name, your EIN or Tax ID number is your SSN. Don’t get creative, or Chase could ask for documentation. $2k is a solid starting place for business revenue. Include your total household income in the appropriate field. Select "retail: books, hobbies, music, sports, general, non store retail" (or the other retail category) > "electronic shopping and mail-order" > "electronic shopping" and apply!

Don't be discouraged if you're not approved immediately. Most of us get the "we'll let you know in 30 days" message. Just call the automated status line at 1-800-432-3117, follow the prompts with #, 3, 1, SSN, periodically to check the progress of your application. When you get approved, you can call CIP's customer service line at 1-800-945-2028 to request the card expedited to you.

Good luck!
Awesome... Thank you all for the quick responses. I am going to apply after dinner tonight. Fingers crossed.

This is who we rented from for 4 years in a row. The last year they gave us a stroller that was in awful shape. I was shocked they gave us something like that and even the CM at bell services commented on the condition. We didn't want to wait for them to bring us a new one so we went with it. The support bar under the set broke within a couple of days. They didn't charge me for anything (we did 'pay' for insurance) but I was less than impressed with them after that. It's too bad cause they were a great deal for several years!
Yeah they look pretty affordable but do not offer delivery outside of disney onsite/offsite hotels

As far as the checking accounts go, I have done SunTrust, chase and m&t bank. I plan on applying for PNC once I get a new card. they are pretty simple to do. I honestly have to give credit to DOC because that's where I started. Any questions just ask away. I will try and help.

Denied. Hopefully it's just because they need to verify something or shift credit around. You should get a letter in the next week or two telling you why. If you want to just go for it or need the card quickly prep yourself mentally and go ahead and call recon.

Dang, I just called and was denied because of 5/24, but I thought I was at 4/24. They are counting a Target store card against me that I was not including in my tally because I didn't think store cards counted. When I asked the rep about it, she was very adamant that if it is on my report, it counts. Did I dream that up?

I've got one card that falls off in April, so I asked her if I reapplied in May then I should be good to go, and she was very vague in that I could reapply at any time and each application would be reviewed independently.

Certainly wasn't the most pleasant person to deal with.....

Dang, I just called and was denied because of 5/24, but I thought I was at 4/24. They are counting a Target store card against me that I was not including in my tally because I didn't think store cards counted. When I asked the rep about it, she was very adamant that if it is on my report, it counts. Did I dream that up?

I've got one card that falls off in April, so I asked her if I reapplied in May then I should be good to go, and she was very vague in that I could reapply at any time and each application would be reviewed independently.

Certainly wasn't the most pleasant person to deal with.....
I’m sorry, you should be fine to apply in May. I applied in Jan thinking I was 4/24. I did the leg work to get the AU card off my report and applied last week, I’m happy to report that I’m charging everything to my CIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter