• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon everyone... I live in Virginia just outside DC and we got about 6 inches of snow. The kids are off school today and recently found out that they are off tomorrow. I have thought about applying for the CIP card. I just recently fell under 5/24 and was curious if all the links are working. I sold about 2k on cl last year and thought that would work? Thank you for the heads up on MVMCP because we bought tickets for it yesterday. We will be there the first night of the party. Our dates are 11/5-11/12. Can't wait.... Thanks for any and all of the help....

On a different topic, I do have a DP on a positive customer service experience with PayPal. I mentioned in a recent post that I was having trouble transferring the residual amount in my PayPal account to my bank account after exceeding some transfer limit. I kept clicking on the link that said I could remove the transfer limit, and no matter how many times I got a screen saying the limit had been removed, I would still get the error message about exceeding the limit when I tried to make the transfer. This had been going on since last Thurs. evening, so I called PayPal this morning. It was a pretty quick convo with a rep who worked some magic while I was on hold for a minute or two, and then I was able to get the transfer to work while he was still on the line with me just to make sure.

nice! i had an opposite experience. I was on hold for about 30 mins before i could talk to someone. Paypal flagged the merchant Paypal gift cards as "fraud" and froze my account as well. I never understood that.

Good Afternoon everyone... I live in Virginia just outside DC and we got about 6 inches of snow. The kids are off school today and recently found out that they are off tomorrow. I have thought about applying for the CIP card. I just recently fell under 5/24 and was curious if all the links are working. I sold about 2k on cl last year and thought that would work? Thank you for the heads up on MVMCP because we bought tickets for it yesterday. We will be there the first night of the party. Our dates are 11/5-11/12. Can't wait.... Thanks for any and all of the help....

the new thread should have the updated working links. i know the old thread has a lot of dead CIP links.

edit: thanks to @SouthFayetteFan he has been proactively hiding peoples link in the old thread based on who posted into the new thread.

Haha! I love it. Great use of a snow day.

You have an ecommerce business! Now get that shiny new business card and really make your business grow!

Apply as a sole proprietorship. A sole proprietor is “you” so your business name is your name, your EIN or Tax ID number is your SSN. Don’t get creative, or Chase could ask for documentation. $2k is a solid starting place for business revenue. Include your total household income in the appropriate field. Select "retail: books, hobbies, music, sports, general, non store retail" (or the other retail category) > "electronic shopping and mail-order" > "electronic shopping" and apply!

Don't be discouraged if you're not approved immediately. Most of us get the "we'll let you know in 30 days" message. Just call the automated status line at 1-800-432-3117, follow the prompts with #, 3, 1, SSN, periodically to check the progress of your application. When you get approved, you can call CIP's customer service line at 1-800-945-2028 to request the card expedited to you.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Wow, I love snow days! The schools here in CO only close if it is like 10+ inches or blizzard conditions.

Anyways, sounds like you are in a great position for the CIP. 2k selling on CL is absolutely a 'business'. As @Lain said, don't be concerned about the 30-day message. Seems like most get it. Good luck!!

Anyone having problems paying their card balance on the chase website? I can enter all the details - but the 'PayNow' (or similar) button is not there. I have tried different browsers and accounts.

Anybody else?
When i login the other day i briefly saw something about updating my browser if i was chrome user

Okay so i am asking for advice beyond cc:offtopic: :scared:. I search on the boards but can't seem to find the answer or any stroller dedicated post. I am going to Orlando in May for 4 days before a cruise with one day dedicated to WDW. I was looking at renting a stroller just in case for my 4 almost 5 year old. It looks like a company outside of WDW will be a better choice so we can used it on the other days. Anyway is there a reason i should get the stroller insurance? Anyone had their stroller stolen or damage while at WDW? I can't see this happen, but being a first timer at WDW i really don't know.

Hmm I wonder if I wait until MVMCP tickets are available online if I can call Chase and purchase them for 3x on my CIP...
Intriguing idea. TAs are able to sell those so Chase travel might have access to them. Admittedly they don't have access to the entire inventory available to TAs because they were only able to offer certain park tickets, not all of them.... still, might be worth a phone call to check on it once they get released, the worst that happens is they say no and you lose whatever time you spent on the phone getting to them...

Okay so i am asking for advice beyond cc:offtopic: :scared:. I search on the boards but can't seem to find the answer or any stroller dedicated post. I am going to Orlando in May for 4 days before a cruise with one day dedicated to WDW. I was looking at renting a stroller just in case for my 4 almost 5 year old. It looks like a company outside of WDW will be a better choice so we can used it on the other days. Anyway is there a reason i should get the stroller insurance? Anyone had their stroller stolen or damage while at WDW? I can't see this happen, but being a first timer at WDW i really don't know.

We have rented a stroller for many years and never had one damaged while at the parks or busing to our resort. We have been given strollers practically falling apart and had pieces break off while we were using it but I just called the company and explained. Had no trouble and we were not charged. It was their fall for renting a stroller on it's last leg.

Your biz is more legit than most of ours :). As for the links some are dead but most are working.
ETA: I just swung through all the links on our new Chase thread and all the links but 2 are good. (I sent messages to the 2 people with dead links via reddit so hopefully they update too!)

Last edited:
So I'm planning to pull DH's credit report in the next couple days and from reading DoC, it seems like Chase typically uses Equifax when checking on Chase Sapphires for my state.

Obviously, handing over DH's information to Equifax isn't exactly what I'd like to do, even though I know identity fraud is everywhere. What do I do? Take the chance? Check another credit report to see if where I added him as an AU has been removed there? I know he is under 5/24, but I'm planning to double dip CSR/CSP and want to make sure we get all eligible bonuses.

We used this company
http://applescooter.com/Stroller.asp?U=&Reservation=&Venue=Orlando&Stroller=YES

Rental is “free” but you pay insurance and delivery/pickup fee. When we rented thru them, they had the best prices and no problems with service. Not sure how they compare now.

the new thread should have the updated working links. i know the old thread has a lot of dead CIP links.

edit: thanks to @SouthFayetteFan he has been proactively hiding peoples link in the old thread based on who posted into the new thread.
haha - yup I'm tracking who has updated. At the end of the week I'll be able to produce a "naughty" list LOL!

REMINDER: The SPG 35k Business offer expires next week on 3/28/18. If you're on the fence about the card...you probably need to start to finalize that decision, lol!

There's a bunch of people on DISchurners who have links for this offer (FYI I do not) so please support one of them if you go for the offer :)
And to anyone looking at BMO bank funding to hit the spend remember that is 100%, absolutely, DEAD :(

I like the security of not having to enter my card number on the website, and them receiving a temporary number - in case of fraud. I had fraudulent charges a couple years ago and the only recent charge was an Etsy purchase. I know the number could've been held for a long time and then tried for the fraudulent charges, but it still leaves me a little weary.
I thought Apple Pay fails to trigger Amex offers but don't remember where I saw that...

We used this company
http://applescooter.com/Stroller.asp?U=&Reservation=&Venue=Orlando&Stroller=YES

Rental is “free” but you pay insurance and delivery/pickup fee. When we rented thru them, they had the best prices and no problems with service. Not sure how they compare now.

This is who we rented from for 4 years in a row. The last year they gave us a stroller that was in awful shape. I was shocked they gave us something like that and even the CM at bell services commented on the condition. We didn't want to wait for them to bring us a new one so we went with it. The support bar under the set broke within a couple of days. They didn't charge me for anything (we did 'pay' for insurance) but I was less than impressed with them after that. It's too bad cause they were a great deal for several years!

I've decided it's time to dip my toe into the bank bonus waters. I've decided to open an Ally account first, to use as a hub account - thanks @gottalovepluto

Hoping to hit the Chase checking bonus first. Figuring that's a good start. I'd like to make some extra funds to put towards our AP renewal. Guess I better prep myself to explain the benefits of this to DH, as I'm sure he'll be skeptical about this at first, just like he was with getting so many new cc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter