I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that sucks. Is it the cash one that gives you bonus on utilities or am i getting another card confused with chase?

I am wondering if you are thinking of people using the CIP to pay their utilities through plastiq, which codes 3x? There isn't a chase card I can think of with utilities as a bonus category. I wish there was!

Did anyone else receive an email from Amazon Chase Visa alerting them of the 5% cash back at restaurants from March 1-May 31st? I got my e-mail on March 1st. I almost missed it, so I wanted to share it in case it helps anyone else!! I was planning on using gift cards to pay for food on my upcoming trip, but it will be so much more simple to use my Visa instead of figuring out how much in gift cards I need to buy ahead of time.

Thanks for mentioning it! I just bugged hubby to check his email for it. He's got the Prime card tho so I'm not holding out much hope of being in the target. And if not, I won't feel even worse after watching him pull out his BCE for all meals this past weekend

(thank you cvguy, whoever you are, for the gif)

I have the CIP set up in Ebay as my shipping payment option. All money coming in from Ebay goes into my PayPal balance, and all money going out toward Ebay shipping is charged to my CIP. It is all routed through PayPal though.

All my eBay listings are for payment by PayPal. So all my eBay sale proceeds go into my PayPal balance. I have the CIP set up as my default payment method on PayPal too. But when I ship an item sold on eBay, eBay charges the shipping cost against my PayPal balance, not the CIP. When I zero out my PayPal balance before shipping, eBay charges shipping to the bank account tied to my PayPal. I’ve tried to figure out a way to charge eBay shipping to my CIP but can’t. PayPal shipping separately through the “secret site” gives me a discount and let’s me use a credit card, but codes only 1x on CIP.

:confused3

All my eBay listings are for payment by PayPal. So all my eBay sale proceeds go into my PayPal balance. I have the CIP set up as my default payment method on PayPal too. But when I ship an item sold on eBay, eBay charges the shipping cost against my PayPal balance, not the CIP. I’ve tried to figure out a way to charge eBay shipping to my CIP but can’t. PayPal shipping separately through the “secret site” gives me a discount and let’s me use a credit card, but codes only 1x on CIP.

something tells me ur excited for Q2... :P

All my eBay listings are for payment by PayPal. So all my eBay sale proceeds go into my PayPal balance. I have the CIP set up as my default payment method on PayPal too. But when I ship an item sold on eBay, eBay charges the shipping cost against my PayPal balance, not the CIP. When I zero out my PayPal balance before shipping, eBay charges shipping to the bank account tied to my PayPal. I’ve tried to figure out a way to charge eBay shipping to my CIP but can’t. PayPal shipping separately through the “secret site” gives me a discount and let’s me use a credit card, but codes only 1x on CIP.

That is bizarre that PayPal won't let you pay for eBay shipping via your default cc on PayPal. Have you tried reaching out to PayPal customer service to see if they can help fix your issue? I have it working the way peel does. All of my eBay proceeds go into my PayPal account, but all payments out of my PayPal account go on my default cc, including eBay shipping fees. My current issue is that I had two of my largest eBay sales over the weekend, and PayPal is not letting me transfer all of the proceeds to my bank account. It gives me an option to remove the transfer limit max, but even though I'm clicking the link and it tells me the limits have been removed, it still won't let me transfer the residual funds. Anyone know what time period the transfer limit applies to?

Alas my nearest airport is FAT and they still don’t have SW. (To those wondering yes, it’s id is FAT. Fresno Air Terminal. By the time they decided that wasn’t the best name & changed it the FAA was like “nice try, you’re keeping FAT”)

our local airport was not thinking when figuring their Abbr either. Sioux City, Iowa is SUX..we joke it, seems fitting.
I think you must have been quoting me :) Oh man, SUX... I think you win!

I attached a screen shot of my latest bunch of CIP charges. The first four Ebay items are shipping charges, which are paid for on my CIP via PayPal, and the last one is my monthly Ebay fee, paid directly from the CIP to Ebay.
In Paypal, under my Payments settings, I have my CIP set as "Your Preferred Way to Pay" for Online Purchases. I hardly ever use PayPal for anything other than Ebay, but if I do and want to pay with my balance I manually change it at the time of my purchase.

Attachments

• EbayCIP.jpg
    EbayCIP.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 12
DD went to Colorado last week and was due to fly in late tonight to Dulles. Due to our stormy weather for today and tomorrow, her flight got canceled this morning.

At least it was canceled before she left Colorado Springs to drive to Denver.

She got in the phone queue to rebook and while on hold with an agent managed to disconnect herself with her cheek. The agent was trying to rebook her into BWI instead of Dulles since all the Thursday non stops to Dulles were sold out.

Back in the queue although she was hoping the agent would call her back. You get in the queue and they call you back anyway. So first time she got a call back after one hour, the next wait was to be one and a half hours.

Anyway I'm waiting to find out which airport I'm going to have to deal with later this week to pick them up.

That is still my favorite 'ride' ever. Those were the days!

Yes. My son was working at Target for a while and I was able to really do well buying gift cards. I wish I'd bought more. Back then I didn't want to get too much money hung up in it because there is a risk in everything. He got really good at telling me when to buy, etc. Would watch for the deals for me and then buy them with his redcard, employee discount, and whatever promo they had going. So, 5%, 10% and then stack whatever other promo - 5% - 20%. Actually red card came off last. The good old days...

My rental is on the market and the mgmt co says there's been a lot of interest. Fingers crossed it's rented by the end of the month. Toes crossed that the investor my realtor has likes the house and will buy it for at least the min I want for it. I want the stress gone from living in Seattle with a house in NC but only if the price is right.

We had our 2 previous residences in Charleston, turned rentals, when we moved to Nashville. It was such a drag having properties so far away. I wa ecstatic when the market finally turned around. We sold both for decent profits ...one in 2015 and one in 2016. It is so great only having one house to be responsible for!

By the way, you just can't leave this board for a whole week. Luckily I had some grading that needed to be done over the break so I had an excuse to bring my laptop. I was able to check in here for a few minutes most nights of vacation, but that wasn't nearly enough!
How about you cannot leave this board for an hour
I am wondering if you are thinking of people using the CIP to pay their utilities through plastiq, which codes 3x? There isn't a chase card I can think of with utilities as a bonus category. I wish there was!
Yes, that is problem where i got the 3x. Do i have to enter something special to make my payment code 3x?

That is bizarre that PayPal won't let you pay for eBay shipping via your default cc on PayPal. Have you tried reaching out to PayPal customer service to see if they can help fix your issue?

I attached a screen shot of my latest bunch of CIP charges. The first four Ebay items are shipping charges, which are paid for on my CIP via PayPal, and the last one is my monthly Ebay fee, paid directly from the CIP to Ebay.
In Paypal, under my Payments settings, I have my CIP set as "Your Preferred Way to Pay" for Online Purchases. I hardly ever use PayPal for anything other than Ebay, but if I do and want to pay with my balance I manually change it at the time of my purchase.

PayPal and “customer service” do not belong next to each other. Completely at odds with one another! I just wrote this quirk off as cost of doing business. Oh all those lost UR points!!! I’ll give it a try again when I have more listings in the pipeline.

DoC linked to this article today on redeeming Real Time Rewards on Altitude Reserve cards: http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...ments-with-us-banks-real-time-mobile-rewards/ Anyone considering the card should check this out. I had totally forgotten that points can only be applied if you have enough points to cover the WHOLE charge. Forgetting that could have been a disaster for me! @Angrose
Thank you so much for this and for your write up yesterday! I read about the Real Time Rewards on that blog last week which piqued my interest, but it's good to see what really triggered the redemption in his examples today. This would work out really well for me because I could redeem the full 50,000 points/$750 on my August CGH stay. I think I would reserve the room and pay for the first night's deposit with another card and then when I have to pay the balance at the hotel I can ask them to charge the exact $750 to the Altitude then pay any remaining balance after that with Disney gift cards. I love that Disney is flexible that way.

Thanks for the warning about being careful meeting the MSR too. I remember reading something about that on DoC as well when the card first came out last year. I usually pay rent through Plastiq, but I can put it directly through our property management company too, so that would look more legit. Did you already receive your bonus points? How long did it take for them to post? I'm locked out of my US Bank account right now because I forgot my PIN, but as soon as I get back in I'll check to see if I'm pre-approved. I'll let you know how it goes!

Yes, that is problem where i got the 3x. Do i have to enter something special to make my payment code 3x?

No, at this time, everything paid through plastiq using the CIP card will code 3x. You must go through plastiq though and that incurs a 2.5% fee. Your payment will code 3x netting you a small profit. It's not a huge amount but it can really add up especially if paying large rents or mortgages.

We had our 2 previous residences in Charleston, turned rentals, when we moved to Nashville. It was such a drag having properties so far away. I wa ecstatic when the market finally turned around. We sold both for decent profits ...one in 2015 and one in 2016. It is so great only having one house to be responsible for!

It is and the market where my house is has finally started to rebound. Not enough for me to list it hoping for an investor bit enough that hopefully this will work out. I would lose my business though and need to come up with a "business".

Thank you so much for this and for your write up yesterday! I read about the Real Time Rewards on that blog last week which piqued my interest, but it's good to see what really triggered the redemption in his examples today. This would work out really well for me because I could redeem the full 50,000 points/$750 on my August CGH stay. I think I would reserve the room and pay for the first night's deposit with another card and then when I have to pay the balance at the hotel I can ask them to charge the exact $750 to the Altitude then pay any remaining balance after that with Disney gift cards. I love that Disney is flexible that way.

Thanks for the warning about being careful meeting the MSR too. I remember reading something about that on DoC as well when the card first came out last year. I usually pay rent through Plastiq, but I can put it directly through our property management company too, so that would look more legit. Did you already receive your bonus points? How long did it take for them to post? I'm locked out of my US Bank account right now because I forgot my PIN, but as soon as I get back in I'll check to see if I'm pre-approved. I'll let you know how it goes!
My last charge posted with a date of yesterday so I'll report back when I see the points. I've asked on Reddit when they usually post so hopefully I'll find out pretty quick.

PayPal and “customer service” do not belong next to each other. Completely at odds with one another! I just wrote this quirk off as cost of doing business. Oh all those lost UR points!!! I’ll give it a try again when I have more listings in the pipeline.
Maybe you can try unlinking and relinking your accounts.

I agree. There had been like 6 different places to update for default types of payments and I never got it all the way figured out with my first account even with customer service. So much so when I changed my name, I was about to change it with PayPal and then realized it'd be so much easier to just open a new account. Since then, knock on wood, everything defaults to the correct credit card and not once has it automatically charged something to my PP balance or tried to use my bank account. With my "old" account I made the mistake of signing up for PP Credit and there was no way I could take that off as default for some option or situation. I never figured it out so every now and again I'd get something charged there and have no idea why.
I keep forgetting to go in and cancel the account officially, but since you're reminding me I might just rip the band aid off now. I'd always think of it when I'd change something on my credit file so I'd want to wait so that losing the credit line wouldn't dip my score. But it's not a big credit line so I should just have been done with it. Unfortunately, probably not the same option available for you (unless you'd like to change to Mrs Lain's name ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter