• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have pulled our older daughter out for a week in K, 1 & 2. Next year we’ve said it’s our last week long Jan/Feb trip. After that she’ll be in 4th and our younger in K and we will stop. It’s going to be quite sad though as we’ve done this trip every since we got married (except the yr older daughter was born) so it will be 12 out of 13 years. No worries tho - we’ve decided to replace that trip with a short Disney Cruise over MLK or Prez weekend :) And yes I know I have a problem...I’m planning vacations for 2020 already haha
School schedules don’t line up with our vacations. We have pulled them out the max this year of 25 days (23 are for vacations and 2 were sick.) next year they will miss 11 for sure and probably a few more. Trying not to pull them out too much next year but family time is important

Yes, the 7k spend just concerns me unless i can do plastiq and then I am not worried at all. Our mortgage, which I pay through plastiq using the CIP, is $2161 mo. and then add in monthly dance tuition, which I also pay the same way, and we are at 7k+ in 3 mos.
Does plastiq code 3x like the CIP?

Does anyone here pay DVC dues with a cc? I have a CSP, CSR, CIP, and regular Disney Visa as well as Amex BCP. I'm pretty close to maxing out the Amex 6% at grocery stores....I know I could buy Disney gift cards there to pay dues with, but... I am going to downgrade my CSP to one of the Freedom's next month. Maybe I should get the regular Freedom instead of the unlimited?

Plastiq is a bill payment service that CIP card payments are coding 3x through. If I use another card through plastiq, it most likely won't code 3x. That seems unique to the CIP.
Just got approved for the CIP :) Unfortunately (fortunately really), I don't have a mortgage or car payment, just cell phone bill. What other bills do you guys pay through plastiq? Isn't there a fee that would wipe away any benefits of paying smaller bills with plastiq?

I’d expect them within 2-5 days of the qualifying charge posting.
I thought you had to wait till statement close date to see those post? *****Never mind****** THANK YOU for posting that info!!!! I'm so :cool1::cheer2::banana::bounce::jumping1: right now!!!!! In spite of my earlier questions about the points posting I though I had to wait.....NOPE!!! I just checked and my points posted..... 5 nights in Maui BOOKED!!!!!! so excited right now. Now I'm tempted to refer Dh to the biz ....but I'm thinking I won't be able to hit that spend again,and still max out my categories on the other cards starting in April..... did you say my chances at getting the extra 5k points for another 2k spend was slim to none? I may call in later today....

Last edited:
Does anyone here pay DVC dues with a cc? I have a CSP, CSR, CIP, and regular Disney Visa as well as Amex BCP. I'm pretty close to maxing out the Amex 6% at grocery stores....I know I could buy Disney gift cards there to pay dues with, but... I am going to downgrade my CSP to one of the Freedom's next month. Maybe I should get the regular Freedom instead of the unlimited?

I use my CSR to pay my timeshare fees and get triple points. You could try small payment to check. I think @calypso726 is very creative with her purchase of Disney gift cards and does much better than 3x points.

Last edited:

Sometimes. We have 1300 points and the dues were $8,000 last year. Most of our dues are paid with Disney GCs collected over the year at 5x and other bonuses or discounts. If I have a new cc to make the MSR on then I will use it to pay the dues. I did that with the Hilton Aspire. Made the spend within 5 minutes of approval for the card.

Normally, I will wait until the new card arrives and then purchase more Disney GCs at Sam’s to get a further discount in addition to making the spend.

@1st*toright

In other news....I was looking up the benefits on the SPG Biz and see I can get 2x points on certain Marriott stays. I have a business stay in Atlanta in 2 weeks at a Marriott. Woohoo!

Oooo - I had forgotten that you do get extra SPG points for Marriott stays - yay! Some of my upcoming travel will be at Marriott properties- that sweetens the deal a little bit (I've been cranky about losing UR points while meeting the SPG spend).

Yes, the 7k spend just concerns me unless i can do plastiq and then I am not worried at all. Our mortgage, which I pay through plastiq using the CIP, is $2161 mo. and then add in monthly dance tuition, which I also pay the same way, and we are at 7k+ in 3 mos.

I haven't looked at the kinds of spend you're talking about, but I did see that with Amex the kinds of payments you can do with Plastiq are much more limited. We have some home improvement stuff coming up, and it looks like we can't use Plastiq to pay the contractor using an Amex. Not sure how rigid the limitations are, but as I recall it was a pretty short list of vendor types.

I pay my DVC dues with a credit card. The dues code as travel on CSR so that's the card I've used for the past 2 years. I also use gift cards that I have collected but I also use the gift cards on trips.

We have pulled our older daughter out for a week in K, 1 & 2. Next year we’ve said it’s our last week long Jan/Feb trip. After that she’ll be in 4th and our younger in K and we will stop. It’s going to be quite sad though as we’ve done this trip every since we got married (except the yr older daughter was born) so it will be 12 out of 13 years. No worries tho - we’ve decided to replace that trip with a short Disney Cruise over MLK or Prez weekend :) And yes I know I have a problem...I’m planning vacations for 2020 already haha

It does get harder as they get older. My DD's high school allows 10 absences without documentation (more than that, you need a doctor's note or something or it will affect their grades). This spring she is missing either a Friday or a Monday 3 times for family travel. She is a good student, and does a good job of getting assignments ahead/catching up quickly, but it definitely causes her stress (but she likes being able to do the trips). Pulling her out for 1 day at a time seems doable, but it would be really hard if she missed a whole week. It was much easier when she was in elementary school.

I have pulled mine out almost every year. This year we weren't going to, but instead of Thanksgiving at Disney, we are doing a cruise in October. They will be in 2nd and 6th. Our school is very understanding and both kids have good grades. I sometimes think their teachers are more excited about their vacations than they are. Could be because it means a week without dealing with them. LOL

Hmmm - a little concerned. My first CIP statement just came out - I did meet the $5k spend before the statement closed (new purchases >5K, not including annual fee - thanks to work travel!), but no bonus points on the statement. Spend was met with transactions that posted 4 days before the end of the statement cycle. Is there more of a delay with business cards before you get the bonus points?

I thought you had to wait till statement close date to see those post? *****Never mind****** THANK YOU for posting that info!!!! I'm so :cool1::cheer2::banana::bounce::jumping1: right now!!!!! In spite of my earlier questions about the points posting I though I had to wait.....NOPE!!! I just checked and my points posted..... 5 nights in Maui BOOKED!!!!!! so excited right now. Now I'm tempted to refer Dh to the biz ....but I'm thinking I won't be able to hit that spend again,and still max out my categories on the other cards starting in April..... did you say my chances at getting the extra 5k points for another 2k spend was slim to none? I may call in later today....

Base points post in conjunction with your statement closing date. Bonus points with AMEX typically post 2-5 days after meeting the MSR.

Regarding the match, I don't think my words were "slim to none" lol. I did say very slim and that's a statement based on the numerous DPs out there - here's the exact quote if you're looking for my guidance on that again ;)

So once your $5,000 worth of purchases post I'd call. Paying your bill will have no bearing whatsoever. The odds of getting matched are very slim but I'd try to remain pleasant but FIRM that you are disappointed that they came out with a larger offer right after you applied. You may need to ask to escalate the call to a manager and there's a chance they still say no. Spending more on the card to get to $7k probably won't increase your odds at a match and if they say no, then you just wasted $2k in spend that could've gone elsewhere. Good Luck :) Let us know how it goes!

Did anyone else receive an email from Amazon Chase Visa alerting them of the 5% cash back at restaurants from March 1-May 31st? I got my e-mail on March 1st. I almost missed it, so I wanted to share it in case it helps anyone else!! I was planning on using gift cards to pay for food on my upcoming trip, but it will be so much more simple to use my Visa instead of figuring out how much in gift cards I need to buy ahead of time.

IF your goal is to have 2 Freedoms (which some people do :)) I think you'd need to apply for one before you downgrade your CSP. Once you have one (even via downgrade) you couldn't apply for a 2nd one. Of course I say this assuming that they are still letting people have multiple Freedom cards, I can't say I've tracked DPs on that recently.

Yes we decided 4th grade is the year to no longer pull DS out for Disney vacations. We have a cruise for 2019 plus thinking Spring Break at WDW/Universal also next year. Planning 2020 to commence shortly though I might hold off to see if we can get the SW CP end of this year which might mean Hawaii & multiple Disney trips :cool1: Also starting to think China in 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter