I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You never sale on ebay, offer up, Craigslist or have garage sales? That was what I based my 'business' on.

That is a really young van to already be having so many issues!

I do sell on cl and fb.

It’s not the age I think it’s the mileage I think.
Yeah - I'd agree on the mileage. Brakes are obviously going to be regular maintenance repairs (but always frustrate me too when they pop up!). And the timing belt is a recommended item over 100,000 miles - much better to replace than have it go and then you're looking at some insane repairs.

Last edited:
yes, there is a referral for CIP. For business Category, id probably go with "Retail: Books, Hobbies, Music, Sports, General Nonstore Retail"
Business type: Electronic Shopping and mail order

something like that.

@havaneselover what albort suggests here is basically exactly what I did. I only put about $500 revenue.

I want a small suv but have a few more years of carpooling to get through first. Mine is only six years old with 109k miles—between dd swimming, 40 mile round trip commute, and trips to Michigan and Florida, I drive a lot:(

Wow, you had a 16 year old van with only 120K? Mine is 9 at 150K, only because I had an extra car for a year while in between kids driving, or it would be over 170K. Still haven't' done my timing belt! Eek I know I need to get that done asap. Part of the reason why I know i will be ok with double dipping the Sapphires, I know my van needs work. I keep thinking about trading it in, but not sure if I am done with the need for the extra room.

STRANGE IHG & EBATES TIP: (I had meant to post this awhile back and forgot!)

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Virginia Beach back in August. We took our Sister-In-Law, Brother-in-Law and 6 month old niece for a beach trip since they couldn't afford a vacation this summer with all the new baby expenses. (Side Note - neat that churning was able to give us the opportunity to do this)

We booked 2 rooms for 3 nights...the first night on each room was with our IHG Card free anniv. night and the other 2 nights were on points. We booked the rooms in February for a stay in August and even though it was all points I activated me Ebates when booking because I'm always in the habit of doing that.

So in November when our quarterly Ebates check showed up we got $28.80 X 2 from IHG...I have no idea how it worked or calculated but we paid $0 for the rooms and actually got $57.60 back hahaha! It seems that they did 4.5% back on the rack room rate, even though points were used. So obviously YMMV but now whenever I book any room at any hotel chain I always activate the Ebates just in case...

Wow, you had a 16 year old van with only 120K? Mine is 9 at 150K, only because I had an extra car for a year while in between kids driving, or it would be over 170K. Still haven't' done my timing belt! Eek I know I need to get that done asap. Part of the reason why I know i will be ok with double dipping the Sapphires, I know my van needs work. I keep thinking about trading it in, but not sure if I am done with the need for the extra room.

I know! It had really low miles. We are on the go a lot but everything is within 5 miles of my house so I add miles slowly. My new van that is almost 1yo only has 7k miles and I think that is cause my dd17 took a college class this fall that has me driving 15 miles each way 2 days a week lol.

I am hoping this is my last minivan. We have 4 kids and one day a week, I carry two extra kids so we fill it up and I still need it but once my oldest is no longer living at home, I hope to drop to a small SUV that holds 5.

I am hoping this is my last minivan. We have 4 kids and one day a week, I carry two extra kids so we fill it up and I still need it but once my oldest is no longer living at home, I hope to drop to a small SUV that holds 5.

I bought a slightly used Honda Fit after my son left for college. I adore it!!!! It was cheap (relatively speaking) and I smile every time I see that I'm getting 40+ miles/gallon.

heh, my family car is quite an old ball.

1997 Miata - 50k miles.
2005 highlander - 60k miles.
2006 corolla - 200k miles
2007 civic - 125k miles.

5/24 is based off of "new" accounts. PC are fine. The only bank thats PC sensitive is citibank.
Can you product change from Hilton --> everyday? your going from a co-brand to a generic amex card, i know on chase and barclay, thats not possible.

Thanks for that. Didn't realize that about the Hilton. Will search around for what can be product changed to what...

I wish I had a new card with a sign on bonus. I am at 4/24 but holding off because I really want to go for SW CP next year.

My minivan needs a timing belt. So my oil change is now costing about $1300 (needs an air filter and coolant too). Best I can do is get 1.5% back from C1 or put it on my CSR:( I just put almost $700 into her a few months ago (brakes). I know driving a vehicle into the ground is supposed to make financial sense, but now that I have 110,000 miles on mine, I'm questioning the logic!

Plus next month I'm going to owe DD's swim club $2000. It seems so wasteful to settle for 1.5% on big purchases.

I'm also saving spots for the SW CP next year, so I feel your pain. I'll be adding business cards to tide me over. On my last app I put $100 as retail sales (eBay, CL, FB) and got approved for $4800 CL with Citi.

In the meantime, I'm using Visa Gift Cards bought at office supplies w my Ink Cash for 5UR, and bought at the grocery store w AMEX BCP - for goods/services that there's no way I could/would return.

heh, my family car is quite an old ball.

1997 Miata - 50k miles.
2005 highlander - 60k miles.
2006 corolla - 200k miles
2007 civic - 125k miles.

My dh has a 2006 civic that just hit 100k (our dd17 will begin driving this soon) and we also have a 2004 Chevrolet silverado that has 260k (runs awesome and never needs anything done!). Civic has been a great car also.

@havaneselover WAIT ON THE CIP!! I'm writing something up right now for you and everyone to evaluate before you apply, just need a few mins to compile info from another place...

Ok, posted what I wanted, I didn't know how close you were to applying and I REALLY didn't want to be the person who was like "omg apply!" and then literally an hour later "just fyi to people sitting at 4/24 and looking at picking up more Chase cards..." Good luck with your decisions!

Last edited:
My dh has a 2006 civic that just hit 100k (our dd17 will begin driving this soon) and we also have a 2004 Chevrolet silverado that has 260k (runs awesome and never needs anything done!). Civic has been a great car also.

man, i have all sorts of issues with my civic... Engine mount, engine cover, now my condenser on my AC is broken...

@havaneselover WAIT ON THE CIP!! I'm writing something up right now for you and everyone to evaluate before you apply, just need a few mins to compile info from another place...

im assuming your talking about the recent chase shutdowns thats going around?

Last edited:
There has been recent discussion on Reddit about Chase shutdowns. These have been around for some time but are picking up a little bit of momentum lately so I'll relay what I've seen over there so anyone around 4/24 hitting Chase can evaluate for their own needs. Most people hit 5/24, 6/24 with Chase and don't get shut down but apparently some people have recently and here is some data I've seen on it:

How it works: Chase cards just stop working. A person calls and is told they are under financial review and no there is nothing that they can do and Chase will get back to them in a couple weeks. A couple weeks later their cards either start working or they receive a letter stating their cards have been shut down. (People's points aren't being revoked, I think they have a time to cash them or spend them.)

Why: Reddit is trying to figure this out.
-For sure matters: people recently applied for a Chase card and had at least 4 other Chase cards. Opening lots of Chase cards in a short period of time; opening lots of Chase cards and then other cards and then another Chase card.
-Things that don't seem to matter: being a Chase Private Client, high credit scores, good credit history, making lots of money, banking relationships with Chase.

Here are two people's recent data points. #1 was reinstated after a supervisor called during the review process and admonished the person for opening so many accounts recently. #2 was not reinstated (they had a lot of accounts, I don't think the supervisor could look the other way there)
1) 4/24, 4/12 at time of shutdown (5/25, 5/12 w/ biz cards). Had CSR, CSP, CIP, SW Plus, SW Premier. Applied SW Biz Premier end of Nov. App before that was early Oct. They (as opposed to early data points from a year or 2 ago) had no MS.
2) 19/12 at time of shutdown. Chase: 12/15 Amazon, 4/16 CSP, 8/16 United, 5/17 Hyatt, 10/17 IHG, 12/1/17 applied BA, 12/8/17 shutdown. $400 MS, 2 bank accounts funded on CSR

I'm not trying to scream fire! fire! here, but I want everyone to be as informed as possible. As I said these are un-common but have come up in very recent discussion on Reddit.

ETA: for clarity

Last edited:
...im assuming your talking about the recent chase shutdowns thats going around?
Yep! DPs are so light and if you're not reading the right thread you wouldn't even know, just wanted to make sure they have all the data they can especially since I'm always encouraging people to hit CIP/CIC while chilling in 4/24. If you've seen other interesting info on the shutdowns over there do share, data is a little over there in this thread, a little in another thread, and lots of speculation.

Yep! DPs are so light and if you're not reading the right thread you wouldn't even know, just wanted to make sure they have all the data they can especially since I'm always encouraging people to hit CIP/CIC while chilling in 4/24. If you've seen other interesting info on the shutdowns over there do share, data is a little over there in this thread, a little in another thread, and lots of speculation.

Theres another post on reddit that shows something about a BustOut score that determine your risk.
from what ive read, it seems like its people who max out 5/24 and is triggered by a cobrand app. seem like its a risk for ppl with lol/24. one guy did like 5 chase apps within a year. haha.

There has been recent discussion on Reddit about Chase shutdowns. These have been around for some time but are picking up a little bit of momentum lately so I'll relay what I've seen over there so anyone around 4/24 hitting Chase can evaluate for their own needs. Most people hit 5/24, 6/24 with Chase and don't get shut down but apparently some people have recently and here is some data I've seen on it:

How it works: Chase cards just stop working. A person calls and is told they are under financial review and no there is nothing that they can do and Chase will get back to them in a couple weeks. A couple weeks later their cards either start working or they receive a letter stating their cards have been shut down. (People's points aren't being revoked, I think they have a time to cash them or spend them.)

Why: Reddit is trying to figure this out.
-For sure matters: people recently applied for a Chase card and had at least 4 other Chase cards. Opening lots of Chase cards in a short period of time; opening lots of Chase cards and then other cards and then another Chase card.
-Things that don't seem to matter: being a Chase Private Client, high credit scores, good credit history, making lots of money, banking relationships with Chase.

Here are two people's recent data points. #1 was reinstated after a supervisor called during the review process and admonished the person for opening so many accounts recently. #2 was not reinstated (they had a lot of accounts, I don't think the supervisor could look the other way there)
1) 4/24, 4/12 at time of shutdown (5/25, 5/12 w/ biz cards). Had CSR, CSP, CIP, SW Plus, SW Premier. Applied SW Biz Premier end of Nov. App before that was early Oct. They (as opposed to early data points from a year or 2 ago) had no MS.
2) 19/12 at time of shutdown. Chase: 12/15 Amazon, 4/16 CSP, 8/16 United, 5/17 Hyatt, 10/17 IHG, 12/1/17 applied BA, 12/8/17 shutdown. $400 MS, 2 bank accounts funded on CSR

I'm not trying to scream fire! fire! here, but I want everyone to be as informed as possible. As I said these are un-common but have come up in very recent discussion on Reddit.

ETA: for clarity
Yikes! Too late:(

Theres another post on reddit that shows something about a BustOut score that determine your risk.
from what ive read, it seems like its people who max out 5/24 and is triggered by a cobrand app. seem like its a risk for ppl with lol/24. one guy did like 5 chase apps within a year. haha.

I suspect there might be other variables in these cases too - like were these people using their cards at all, or just applying to get the sign-up bonuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter