I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I had a new card with a sign on bonus. I am at 4/24 but holding off because I really want to go for SW CP next year.

My minivan needs a timing belt. So my oil change is now costing about $1300 (needs an air filter and coolant too). Best I can do is get 1.5% back from C1 or put it on my CSR:( I just put almost $700 into her a few months ago (brakes). I know driving a vehicle into the ground is supposed to make financial sense, but now that I have 110,000 miles on mine, I'm questioning the logic!

Plus next month I'm going to owe DD's swim club $2000. It seems so wasteful to settle for 1.5% on big purchases.

I wish I had a new card with a sign on bonus. I am at 4/24 but holding off because I really want to go for SW CP next year.

My minivan needs a timing belt. So my oil change is now costing about $1300 (needs an air filter and coolant too). Best I can do is get 1.5% back from C1 or put it on my CSR:( I just put almost $700 into her a few months ago (brakes). I know driving a vehicle into the ground is supposed to make financial sense, but now that I have 110,000 miles on mine, I'm questioning the logic!

Plus next month I'm going to owe DD's swim club $2000. It seems so wasteful to settle for 1.5% on big purchases.
Does the timing belt have to be replaced ASAP? Usually it's just a suggested maintenance item on a car with that kind of mileage. While I'm not about to go out on a limb and start giving car advice, you could ask the mechanic if it would hurt to delay by a few months (for when you have your southwest card). I had one mechanic suggest we replace timing belt on our van 2 years ago, I held off and took it somewhere else the next time and he said that was crazy and that he wouldn't recommend it for 3 more years or another 30,000 miles. Obviously it's your call on what you feel is best.

Does the timing belt have to be replaced ASAP? Usually it's just a suggested maintenance item on a car with that kind of mileage. While I'm not about to go out on a limb and start giving car advice, you could ask the mechanic if it would hurt to delay by a few months (for when you have your southwest card). I had one mechanic suggest we replace timing belt on our van 2 years ago, I held off and took it somewhere else the next time and he said that was crazy and that he wouldn't recommend it for 3 more years or another 30,000 miles. Obviously it's your call on what you feel is best.
He said it could wait. They are pretty trust worthy, not pushy. I just told him to take care of it. With my current luck, if I didn't take care of it today it was cause me some massive headache in the near future.

Business card?

Ok - not so humble brag for a moment...

I completed my write-up on the "all my cards" thread on DISchurners. Our most recent card was our 60th since we started churning so a somewhat momentous occasion. I included all 60 in the writeup so you might find it interesting - or you may think I'm crazy haha. I'm certainly not an expert in high end travel but I am all about budget travel and cash back to offset budget travel and the write-up does a nice job capturing that.

Ok end my not so humble brag moment...

That was quite the write up!

Do you have a CIP? I'd go for a biz card.

My 16yo minivan (odyssey) finally became more hassle than it was worth last Jan. It was constantly something...timing belt, new brakes, transmission failed (again!)...so I got a new one. I miss my old one with no car payments but I'm not sure I was coming out ahead anymore. A couple thousand every 4-5 mos wasn't cheaper. I think my Odyssey was at about 120k miles.

Do you have a CIP? I'd go for a biz card.

My 16yo minivan (odyssey) finally became more hassle than it was worth last Jan. It was constantly something...timing belt, new brakes, transmission failed (again!)...so I got a new one. I miss my old one with no car payments but I'm not sure I was coming out ahead anymore. A couple thousand every 4-5 mos wasn't cheaper. I think my Odyssey was at about 120k miles.
No. But I really don’t have any claim at all to having a business.

I want a small suv but have a few more years of carpooling to get through first. Mine is only six years old with 109k miles—between dd swimming, 40 mile round trip commute, and trips to Michigan and Florida, I drive a lot:(

I'm sure this has been discussed. But if I upgrade my AMEX HILTON HONORS to an AMEX Everyday or my Capital One Venture One to a Venture Rewards would these go against the Chase 5/24...Thanks

My annual fee for sapphire preferred is coming up and i don't use it at all since i have
reserve. Does it make sense to product change to Freedom Unlimited? I sent a sms to
chase and they replied Are you sure? lol

Anyone downgrade?

My annual fee for sapphire preferred is coming up and i don't use it at all since i have
reserve. Does it make sense to product change to Freedom Unlimited? I sent a sms to
chase and they replied Are you sure? lol

Anyone downgrade?

I PC'ed my CSP to a non-fee Sapphire (I was not at 1-year yet) and the plan was to drop to a Freedom Unlimited but I think I am going to just hold the Sapphire for now and sock drawer it. I am going to PC my CSR to a Freedom Unlimited, if they allow it.

They had me confirm multiple times also but never gave me any push back. They just wanted to make sure I understood the loss in earning and benefits.

No. But I really don’t have any claim at all to having a business.

I want a small suv but have a few more years of carpooling to get through first. Mine is only six years old with 109k miles—between dd swimming, 40 mile round trip commute, and trips to Michigan and Florida, I drive a lot:(

You never sale on ebay, offer up, Craigslist or have garage sales? That was what I based my 'business' on.

That is a really young van to already be having so many issues!

I'm sure this has been discussed. But if I upgrade my AMEX HILTON HONORS to an AMEX Everyday or my Capital One Venture One to a Venture Rewards would these go against the Chase 5/24...Thanks

5/24 is based off of "new" accounts. PC are fine. The only bank thats PC sensitive is citibank.
Can you product change from Hilton --> everyday? your going from a co-brand to a generic amex card, i know on chase and barclay, thats not possible.

I’m cross-posting this here - I know not many of you are local to Orlando but you’re my people so I wanted to share:

I’m giving away 2 tickets to the Star Wars Marathon at AMC Disney Springs 24 starting tonight (12/13) at 10 PM. If anyone wants them (or knows anyone who does), they can message me and I’ll send them to them!

I’ll update this post when they’re taken.

Edit: taken!

Last edited:
Okay, so 2 CIP questions. What is an appropriate business category if my business is selling on cl/fb? And is there a referral bonus for CIP? If so I guess I should head over to the reddit subforum.

Okay, so 2 CIP questions. What is an appropriate business category if my business is selling on cl/fb? And is there a referral bonus for CIP? If so I guess I should head over to the reddit subforum.
Reddit's got your back on the referrals, the offer is currently the same as the public offer so you don't lose anything using one. (Idk about which category but I'm sure someone here can help out!)

yes, there is a referral for CIP. For business Category, id probably go with "Retail: Books, Hobbies, Music, Sports, General Nonstore Retail"
Business type: Electronic Shopping and mail order

something like that.

Accidental bonus Chase points. Did a booking.com promo where I got $40 back after my stay in the form of a refund to the credit card I had on file. I put my freedom unlimited on file so the refund deducted at the 1.5x UR rate, I charged the stay on my CSR at 3x rate. woot-woot! (Actually guess this is kinda useful for anyone who uses booking.com and the reward program! So put a credit card on file that will revoke the fewest/least valuable rewards points when you are issued a reward/refund.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter