I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DISchurners Reddit Group Update - I figured I'd give a quick update of what's going on over there

1) We now have 54 people in the group. If you want to see who is who (and some people have different names there) check out this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/comments/777y1j/roll_call_the_whos_who_of_dischurners/

2) If anybody is applying for a new card (especially Chase cards and some AMEX cards) consider using a link to support a fellow DISchurner

3) We have a handful of fun posts over there:
  • NEW THREAD - All My Cards...not a soap opera, just a thread to share all the cards you have gotten and anything you want to say about them... This thread I just created is a great place to share all the various cards you have...or you've had...and any redemption info/tips as well. You don't have to share all of them but you certainly can if you want. When looking at a new card it can be really helpful to talk to somebody who has already had it so this could be a cool resource for that as wel!
  • Introduce yourself thread, a place to talk all about you and see people's backgrounds
  • A Guide on Plastiq by @Lain
  • An extensive guide to cashback through the AMEX Schwab platinum by me @SouthFayetteFan - for those interested in cashback, you can potentially earn $4,500 back on your next $18,000 in purchases
  • Also a few threads you can use to support other DISchurners!
If you want to join just PM @Albort or @SouthFayetteFan right here on the DIS with your Reddit name and we can get you added. You have to register for Reddit to participate. All verified DISboards members are welcome and it is a closed group so anybody not in our group can't see what you post there (the posts and comments are hidden from other reddit users).
Can you add a brief tutorial on how to post a link? I can't seem to figure it out but maybe because I use an iPad

Quick CSR question. Does the $300 I get back for travel spending count towards my min spend? I'm guessing it does but I wanted to make sure since it will get used up soon since travel is a big part of my min spend.

Also, I sm'd about the date I needed to make min spend by and it's 115 days from when I applied for the card. They also expedited it without my asking them to. I applied after work Wed and got it yesterday. I now understand the excitement of a metal card :) I can't wait to whip it out to use.

No worries. I'm not always clear:)

Starting Monday they are doing $15 of Kohl's cash per $50 (plus Kohl's rewards). On the 38 mm that's $90. DD needs converse and Nikes so I have a use for the Kohl's cash.

Dick'sSportingGooods had a great deal on Apple Watch 2s. They had the rose gold one I wanted for $243. But I'm thinking I might as well get the 3.

also lookin for the 3. just saw a deal at costco. i think i might go with that one. Apple Watch Series 3 38mm with GPS $289.99 including shipping and tax after $25 coupon | 42mm series 3 apple watch also available for $344.99-25 coupon= $319.99

Can you add a brief tutorial on how to post a link? I can't seem to figure it out but maybe because I use an iPad

If your trying to create a post, on the top right corner, there is a pencil. if you click on that, it shows a text base post or a link post. You most likely want to create a text base post so you can type what you want in it vs a link post, all you post is a link and that is it. If your trying to add a comment, after the end of the txt post, you should see a "post a comment." If it is still not clear, i will post images to help you out.

Quick CSR question. Does the $300 I get back for travel spending count towards my min spend? I'm guessing it does but I wanted to make sure since it will get used up soon since travel is a big part of my min spend.

It does count. only thing that doesnt count is the AF.

Does anyone know if I can book my stay but then later convert it into a an spg points stay? I don't want to risk the room being taken - we want a double room but just standard. I'm SPG gold so I'm hoping for an upgrade. The trip isn't until August. When would you book?

Thanks!

Availability for using SPG points for rooms is limited, so you have to book when there's availability. You can't just convert a stay to points unless there's availability.

It doesn't matter whose portal you go through! You can go thorugh your portal and get yourself 5 pts/dollar and give him the Freedom 5 points/dollar. Everybody's happy!
Thanks. When I looked Macy’s for 10x, if I had to use my CSR to get the points and the same is true on his Freedom. I’ll just go through his account to be safe since that would be a lot of shopping portal bonus points to lose out on.

1. Anyone have any experience with Capital One's Spark (business) cards?

2. If so, is approval easy without a real business?

3. Can miles earned on the Spark Miles and the Venture be transferred between the cards?

If your trying to create a post, on the top right corner, there is a pencil. if you click on that, it shows a text base post or a link post. You most likely want to create a text base post so you can type what you want in it vs a link post, all you post is a link and that is it. If your trying to add a comment, after the end of the txt post, you should see a "post a comment." If it is still not clear, i will post images to help you out.
Is this to post referral links on Reddit?

Hello from my first flight paid for with UR points when we got the CSR way back when! We are on Delta in first and these are lie flat seats. Headed for a week in in Iceland to chase northern lights, explore ice caves, do a glacier hike and visit beautiful places I can’t spell or pronounce! Cheers credit card peeps!

62AD92F0-9CE8-423B-B8F9-7F8DC1EB80C2.jpeg

Hello from my first flight paid for with UR points when we got the CSR way back when! We are on Delta in first and these are lie flat seats. Headed for a week in in Iceland to chase northern lights, explore ice caves, do a glacier hike and visit beautiful places I can’t spell or pronounce! Cheers credit card peeps!

View attachment 284063

I can’t stop staring at how perfectly your hair matches Merida’s!

Ok. I’m over my shock. Have a wonderful trip!!! Iceland is seriously on my bucket list. Would love it if you posted a report and pics of your award travel!

Thanks, I am sure we will. Merida is my favorite Disney princess by the way :-) I usually post practically live trip reports on the ABD forum but this isn’t an ABD trip. I can post a trip report here if everyone likes. We did manage to get our flights and hotels with points and miles, so I imagine it isn't too off topic but I will leave that for others to decide.

So starting with the flights which is MIA - KEF. DH wanted lie flat seats so my only option was Delta. Delta wanted 700,000 Sky Pesos and the OOP cost was about $2900 pp. We already had a lot of UR points and had also recently each got the CSR when it was at 100k. So we purchased the flights through the UR portal and that was a little over 181,000 UR points pp. prior to this I have only transferred UR points to airlines and booked award flights. Our best options for the hotel stay was either Hilton or Radisson Blu. We opted for the Hilton Nordica in Reykjavik using the Citi Prestige 4th night free benefit and the other 3 nights were on Hilton points.

Since it is an international first class flight we did not need to use our Amex Platinum to get Delta lounge access. We should be arriving in Iceland in about 5 hours. Delta has Gogo wifi availability and the Amex business Plat card comes with 10 Gogo wifi passes per year and That is how I am able to be on the interwebs while flying.

There are instructions in each thread.

Specifically how to post a link there:
NO RAW LINKS - to convert your link to text use the following format: [Card Name](Link Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter