I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use all the UR you want at deposit and then you should be able to pay the cash at final payment. So if you have a 4k cruise that only needs a 500 deposit, you can still use the 133,334 UR for the deposit and you'd only owe 2k at final payment.
There is the option to try to transfer the cruise to Chase. This means you'd pay the deposit to the cruise line and then when you transfer to Chase you should not owe a payment until PIF. This is a YMMV at the moment as not all agent's allow it and with the uncertainty of the Chase travel changes, I'm planning on the bird in hand and making UR payment before end of year even though my PIF is in May.

Yeah, I'm skittish with this stuff, too, since it's changing so rapidly. But I'd love the ability to collect more URs before now and Sept (I think that's when the balance would be due) and use it to pay for the cruise itself since the deposit is small, but the cruise total is quite high. We have enough URs for the deposit, but nowhere near enough for the total. Thanks for all the advice. I'm trying to learn it all but it's tough when the rules keep changing.

I am obsessing over this potential citi 4th night free thing. Since I've gotten a taste for DVC (but not the finances to double my current points....) im thinking this could work really well with some of the room discounts on the villas :scratchin.

I got 0 points for Marriott today, just a Thank you for playing - you have entered for a chance to win. On the plus side, my account finally didn't' get an error but my account is still at 0 points for the whole dumb game.

DH applied for the SW Biz card yesterday and got the "we need to review your application" response. How long does it take for them to decide and if he is approved does the 3 mos MS window begin on the day he applied or the day he was approved?

DH applied for the SW Biz card yesterday and got the "we need to review your application" response. How long does it take for them to decide and if he is approved does the 3 mos MS window begin on the day he applied or the day he was approved?
DH took 5 days to be approved once approved seems to be the date the 3 months started. I can’t find the message but I want to say it was more than 3 months

I think I may bail on doing MVMCP precruise in Dec. and do Uni instead. DS10 has been wanting to go and the parties have gotten soooo crowded.

I know nothing about uni, so please advise if you have been. We'd be there 12/13pm-12/15am. Park day 12/14 all day. I'd get the 2 park pass for DH, DD19, DS10, DS8. I think I'd probably stay at the resort with DD2. (thoughts on that...whats there for her in the parks?)
We can do a 2 bedroom cabana bay suite and forego the EP. Or we can do 2 rooms at RPR so we get EP. For some reason they count the 2 year old in occupancy, unlike disney. :confused3 RPR rooms is a bit more expensive, obviously, but if it is worth it for EP, we will do it anyways. Which of these would be a better resort for me and DD2 to hang at all day? Is there transport to the parks from either or both? I feel so lost.
I would definitely stay at RPR for EP! But maybe that because that is all we know since we have only done the deluxe resorts and EP. (PBR is my favorite.) RPR has a terrific pool and they have a character breakfast some mornings which is fun. IoA has Seussland which is awesome for a 2 year old and US will have their Macy's Christmas parade going on at that time. Make sure to the holiday light show on Hogswarts Castle! I, personally, think it is better than any of the evenings at Disney but we are HP fanatics at our house.

Last edited:
I got 0 points for Marriott today, just a Thank you for playing - you have entered for a chance to win. On the plus side, my account finally didn't' get an error but my account is still at 0 points for the whole dumb game.
Have you tried using a different browser? It’s been working in Safari for me.

Me neither since I don't do many paid extended hotel vacations anyhow. The deal breaker for me would be the points only being worth 1 cent. I balked when I had the card a while ago and they devalued it from 1.6 when paying for AA flights with TYP down to 1.25. If TYPs will only be worth 1 cent then it's not one I'm going to keep or put spend on. I can see myself getting it strategically for a planned stay down the line and making use of the 4th night free. I'd like to go back to Ashford Castle again someday. With rooms starting at $750 per night in the summer and no easy way to travel hack a stay, I can see getting the card before booking and using the 4th night free benefit as a good value. I'd go after a Citi Gold bank bonus to mitigate the fee down to $350 like I had before as well. Staying at Ashford Castle again is no where in my immediate planning stages and just an idea for down the distant horizon. Even so, I'd check with Amex FHR first. They often have 4th night free offers. Therefore, I've got no FOMO with the new Prestige for now. The only way that would change is if TYP transferred to AA.

I am obsessing over this potential citi 4th night free thing. Since I've gotten a taste for DVC (but not the finances to double my current points....) im thinking this could work really well with some of the room discounts on the villas :scratchin.

Not that it's a big deal but Citi Travel doesn't always have the access to all rooms/room types. So if you happen to be picky about where you sleep :guilty: the 4th night free may or may not work out for you. The only place I stay for more than 2 or 3 nights is in Edinburgh and I have what one might say very specific rooms I prefer. Sadly, they were never available through citi travel so no free night for me. Just a psa from room diva here :)

I am, too, but not for WDW. I was thinking about national park hotels last night. I'll need to go look at what types of hotels are included, like is it good on all-inclusives?

Edit--oops @tink1970 replied while I was typing :-) The rooms have to be booked through Citi Travel?

I got the same thing too when I did it this morning.

Edit--oops @tink1970 replied while I was typing :-) The rooms have to be booked through Citi Travel?

Yes, or last year that was the case-online (terrible IT!!!!) or on the phone with Concierge (bounced me around a couple of times :sad2:). They use Connexions I believe. It was sort of an incredibly frustrating experience, tbh. Maybe it's just Citi's IT and me though!

Here's a good article from last year so if nothing changes with the program I'm guessing it's still pertinent.

https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/the-complete-guide-to-citi-prestige-4th-night-free/

I'm not a UO expert - we've only been there once. We stayed RPR because the theming appealed to us the most and we were very happy with that choice. There are quite a few restaurants there and a nice tropical swimming pool area. We were able to walk to the parks. Having that front of the line pass was essential IMHO. It made it so we could see and do everything we wanted to in less than a full day (I'm not into thrill rides, so that helps of course, but my DD rode quite a few). The HP areas are very nicely themed. It's fun to walk around there, look in the shops, etc. You can buy a magic wand and use it in certain areas to make things "magically happen." For little ones, honestly the only area that seemed made for them would be the Dr. Seuss area. It's cute and has a couple of rides. Also you can take your 2 yo on the HP train that runs between the parks if you do decide to check them out (but it's pretty expensive to get that 2 park one day pass IMHO, and you might have more fun at the pool). Oh, from RPR you can also walk to City Walk (UO's version of DTD).
@disneymagicgirl - Add all this to my reply, lol. We also ate at Mythos - good, Three Broomsticks - good, and a few fast food spots that I don't remember while in the parks. They did not have the train while we were there, but we did the wand purchase after waiting in line - it was pretty popular. DD has not even looked at that wand since, but it was cool that day! The candy store was interesting and I bought a few jars for my work people. The beds at RPR were more comfy and more lux than the ones at Disney and they had a variety of Keurig coffees in the room. DD did all the rides multiple times using the pass. The Dr. Seuss area was colorful but otherwise didn't impress, but we did enjoy the Minions and the Simpsons, also a spontaneous street concert by the '...….', and meeting Betty Boop. I will fill in the name of that band when my mind remembers it. Wait, it was the Blues Brothers! Sometimes it takes a minute for my mind to work!

We ended up taking the lift and it worked perfectly. Really hoping for an early check in at pop

So who else is in WDW? We got into our room about midnight last night. Staying in 2 rooms at CBR. I just finished a small run while everyone slept. Updates to CBR are so nice and Riveria is getting huge. I’ve always thought at this location is really undervalued so I am excited to see such positive changes. As far as Riveria it is definite FOMO. I’m glad it gets some bad press as I hope to get in at the start. Must keep saving money!

Last trip staying on UR’s so points paying for whole trip food and all. Now trying to find Halloween refillable mug and then breakfast at Boma. :)

Mine took about a week for approval...I would SM chase from his account asking when the spend needs to done by after you receive the card

Need some quick last minute advice please!! Our flight leaves at 5:30 am tomorrow and we are flying southwest out of midway Chicago. Our hotel shuttle leaves at 4 and it takes 30 minutes to get there. We have luggage to check. Should we just pay for a Lyft instead so we can leave at 3:30?

ETA: nevermind we went ahead and booked a Lyft. I’m not risking being late for our flight.

Midway is pretty small and easy to navigate. If you get dropped at the door 90 mins prior you’ll be fine. I probably would aim to get there 60-75 mins prior, but I live on the edge.

ETA: also, always look for the self tagging kiosks when you fly sW. Makes it super quick to drop bags off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter