I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if we are the rare exception or if they changed something, but the CSR points that just posted to the account this week (so mid-October) were from a card opened on a DD at the beginning of July. MSR was met when we were overseas in August. They didn't post when we met MSR and they didn't post when the statement closed showing we met MSR. They showed up as pending at that point (which is where my AMEX MRs are at the moment). They only posted when the check itself was cashed (and of course, we paid on time). Maybe I'm misunderstanding things, or maybe Chase just doesn't like us.

You'll recall that Chase delayed signup bonuses across all their cards starting in about mid-August through early-September. Some speculated it had to do with Chase wanting to defer bonuses going pending and posting to keep rewards liability off their Q3 balance sheets, later speculation turned to Chase holding points in limbo as they were trying to clamp down on double dipped cards. Lots of theories about what happened.

Regardless, if you met your MSR sometime in August, it's very likely your signup bonus got caught up in this, didn't go pending in August or post with your August/September statement; but was instead delayed until points started showing pending again in September, in which case they won't have posted until the close of your September/October statement.

Prestige card future...

*drools*

Stop teasing. No fair. What do you know? Do share :-)

I :lovestrucit there...can't lie, have been 5 years in a row and was sad I didn't have a trip there planned for 2019 so this should make up for it! I hope you make it back some day (soon!) :)

Hahaha! I feel the same about Scotland. Next year will be our 5th visit since 2013.

I'm not sure if we are the rare exception or if they changed something, but the CSR points that just posted to the account this week (so mid-October) were from a card opened on a DD at the beginning of July. MSR was met when we were overseas in August. They didn't post when we met MSR and they didn't post when the statement closed showing we met MSR. They showed up as pending at that point (which is where my AMEX MRs are at the moment). They only posted when the check itself was cashed (and of course, we paid on time). Maybe I'm misunderstanding things, or maybe Chase just doesn't like us.

Ah, I think you were unfortunate to have been stuck in that delayed period during Aug through Sep. People who hit their MSR during that period didn't see their points until late Sep and so then had to wait until whenever that statement cycle ended to get them. People who hit their MSR after that period, starting mid Sep ish, are having it show up on that same statement as usual. Doubly sucked as everyone delayed didn't just automatically get their points when everything went back to normal, it rolled out over a couple weeks so it felt like a delay on top of the delay. I think it was just bad timing through no fault of your own. But your next card should see the normal cycle... unless you get stuck in a random delay again, then I'll consider that Chase has it out for you :)

Stop teasing. No fair. What do you know? Do share :-)

Hahaha! I feel the same about Scotland. Next year will be our 5th visit since 2013.

i thought it was on mainstream news... i guess not haha...
New Citi Prestige earning structure
The change includes:

• 5x TYP on dining
  • 5x TYP on air tickets
  • 3x TYP on travel
  • 2x TYP on entertainment
Even better, Citi would keep the following perks that make the Prestige card a great value proposition in the first place:

• 4th Night Free
  • $250 annual air travel credit
He was also told that the change would be put into effect on Nov 9th 2018, which seems too early to us. We then phoned Citi Prestige customer service ourselves, and the representative mentioned the same upcoming benefits. However, we were specifically told that this change will come into effect in Jan 4th, 2019. Given the fact that it’s less than 3 weeks from the purported November change date, we tend to view the 4th of Jan to be more credible.

The largest uncertainty comes from its annual fee. Right now Citi Prestige has an annual fee of $450, but effectively can be offset to $200. However, given the enhanced earning opportunities, it is possible that the annual fee will be raised as well.

i thought it was on mainstream news... i guess not haha...

DoC just put a post up with a Citi announcement. Some slightly different changes listed on his: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/citi...night-free-restriction-5x-on-dining-air-more/

These changes will go live sometime in January, 2019. Changes are as follows:

• Card will earn 5x points on dining and air travel
  • Card will earn 3x points on cruise lines
  • $250 credit for air travel will become a $250 travel credit
  • In May 2019 Citi will add cell phone insurance
In September 2019 a number of benefits will be devalued:

• 4th night free benefit can be used twice per calendar year
  • Annual fee will be increased to $495 from $450 (Citigold and Private Bank clients will continue to pay $350)
  • When redeeming points for air travel you’ll no longer receive a 25% bonus (meaning points are only worth 1¢ instead of 1.25¢ when redeeming through Citi’s travel portal)
  • Card will no longer earn 2x points on entertainment

That could almost make me consider Citibank... almost.

My original plan was refer DH for the CSR/CSP and after approved cancel my cards well things changed so looking for recommendations. Thinking to have DH use referral link for CSP. Would it be safe to apply today for this? He has some travel coming up that could meet the spend quickly.

I'd like to do the freedom today if you think its safe to go ahead to apply. It's been two months since I applied with chase. Have a big BJs trip I need to do before the end of the month so my thinking is apply today and have them overnight my card.

Also, DH goes to LAX once a month. Are there any lounges for SWA? What cards give you access to priority lounge at MCO.

Haven't had a spend in almost two months and had saved a lot of bills up for the DD. Now need to figure out the best way to get the most out of the apps.

Saving UR for USO and to visit Gibraltar. Originally was saving for another Disney trip but hopefully they will become available again.
thanks for your suggestions
LAX's PP lounges are in other terminals, there is none in Terminal 1 where SW Resides. Unfortunately, T1 is separated from the rest of the terminals so you would need to clear TSA twice. It might work okay if u have TSA Pre(dont quote me on this). I thinke T2 has some restaurant PP lounges. Not worth it imo.

Do u have SW CP? Since your DH applied this year, maybe its a good chance to apply on his trip and getting 50k for a CP.

@Albort was that you I saw on FB offering to give up our secret thread? :rotfl:

nope. Unless its something i posted on TPG Lounge facebook group lol. but i dont particularly post secrets as i dont gain at all there. I just help for fun there... :]

Which credit cards do u have?

You will get different answers from different people but I will share my keeper cards and why:

Chase Sapphire Reserve - 3x on travel and $300 annual travel credit plus makes my UR points worth 1.5 cents when I transfer them into that account.

Chase Ink Plus (no longer available) 5x for phone, cable, internet and office supply stores which sell 3rd party merchant gift cards.

Chase Freedom for 5x on quarterly bonus categories.

Chase Freedom Unlimited- to use on non bonus categories when the merchant doesn’t take Amex.

Chase Marriott Premier - annual free night on stays up to 35k points.

Chase IHG - annual free night any property (at least until next year)

Chase British airways - 10% off BA flights and card holders can earn a travel together ticket good for 2 years when they spend $30k in a year.

Chase United - 2 Lounge passes per year and card members have access to extra flight award availability. Also get an additional 25% bonus on gift card purchases via MPX app

Amex Blue Business Plus - 2x on everything up to $50k spend per year.

Amex Gold (rose gold) - 4x on dining and shopping, $10 monthly credit on Cheesecake Factory, $100 annual airline credit.

Amex SPG Business- annual free night certificate up to 35k per night

Amex SPG Lux - annual free night certificate up to 50k per night, $300 annual resort credit.

Amex Hilton Aspire - Diamond status, $250 annual airline credit, $250 annual resort credit, annual weekend night at any property.

Amex Platinum - Centurion Lounge access, $200 airline credit each year, annual $200 Uber credits, $100 Saks credit, 5x on airfare.

US Bank Club Carlson - 40k points annually on card Anniversary.

Citi AA Platinum card - 10% back in redeemed miles up to 10k per year.

almost? im cancelling CSR for sure for sure if this is true. :P

At first it looks nice and I got excited but when I ran some quick numbers for us it wouldn't be worth the Citi headache. And CSR would probably still be cheaper since it's got the 300 travel credit for a $450 still. But the changes make it look competitive now and I wouldn't discourage it for others if they can put up with the Citi being Citi.

Another set of points to collect! I'm already on overload with the ones we are collecting, and I think we want to add in some hotel chains next! How good are the Citi points (TYP)? I had some fraud on my CitiAA card at the beginning of the year and it took forever for them to deal with it, even though they are the ones who noticed it first and called me. :faint:

almost? im cancelling CSR for sure for sure if this is true. :P

I'm getting this card if all these changes pan out too. DH had the Prestige 2 years ago and canceled. So it's my turn. I will be holding out on new apps until I see where this goes and what bonus is offered. Amazing earning structure! I'd probably swing from Amex Gold and Arrival + to Prestige and Amex Gold for all spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter