I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I posted this earlier before reading and everyone was in the midst of screaming into the void about Chase. Guess I'm now looking for answers/wondering how to even get this done with Chase...

Has anyone ever done Disney trip insurance? Or added it after the fact? I booked through Chase for our November trip, but I may need to get trip insurance now. Can anyone tell me what it covers, or if there are any other policies I should look at getting? I don’t even know if what I want it for would be covered, which would potentially be a death in my family. My 96 year old grandmother is not doing well. I have a huge family so I wouldn’t be leaving her here alone going on this trip (don’t want anyone to think I’m cold hearted), but obviously I would be staying home if something were to happen.

So now I'm wondering if I do a Disney trip insurance policy, is Chase even going to be able to get it for me if they don't have access to Disney anymore? Can Disney do it for me directly if I booked through Chase? Are there other insurers I should look at?

That's it, screw it I'm going for the Starbucks card next! Bring on the free grande hot chocolates :drinking1 :coffee:

But really this does make me think about the next step with what I've got. Does it make more sense to PC my CFU to the CF to use the bonus cats and get the extra there I can and then switch my everyday stuff I'd been doing on the CFU to the AS biz, Hyatt and DL Amex biz. It still gets me UR's, also keeps the other cards being used and therefore the banks happy and it gets me some earnings in what I use most. And then CSR/CSP once I PC for travel and restaurants.

I have to meet the MSR on the AS biz first so time to figure it out. But if I'm going to have to continue saving money for WDW hotel's (which I'm ok with and what I've been doing) then the other vacations need to more fully pay for themselves.

Lots to think about over the next few months.

Ok so I posted this earlier before reading and everyone was in the midst of screaming into the void about Chase. Guess I'm now looking for answers/wondering how to even get this done with Chase...

So now I'm wondering if I do a Disney trip insurance policy, is Chase even going to be able to get it for me if they don't have access to Disney anymore? Can Disney do it for me directly if I booked through Chase? Are there other insurers I should look at?

I don't know the answer, but wouldn't you be able to change the dates of the resort stay? From what I've read they are pretty helpful with stuff like this so I would think you'd at least be able to move it. Though if you booked it through Chase, I guess it'd be up to them to try and get it changed.

I would think, since they are your TA, they still have to service what they have on the books already regardless of whether they are selling it or not. Especially since Disney won't let you do anything if a TA owns it.

I had to dispute one large purchase on my CSP. Chase has given me a provisional credit. It is much more than I currently plan to spend on the card in the next few months. Can I request they send me the money? Do I have to wait until the credit is permanent? I would rather have the money in my checking account than a large credit balance on my CSP.

@SouthFayetteFan - don't sweat it and don't give up the good fight. May I suggest the following disclaimer for your future posts....

The value of this advice could go up as well as down depending on a whole range of factors including, but not limited to......1) Your own unique personal situation; 2)Caffeine and Sleep Quantity in the prior 24 hours; 3) Which financial institution 'spy' has been reading our posts; 4) Which idiot blogger has been shouting their loud mouth about their latest, greatest achievement and attracting copious unwanted attention.

For any and all complaints please seek out 'Tesla Guy' and seek recompense as you deem appropriate.

I don't know the answer, but wouldn't you be able to change the dates of the resort stay? From what I've read they are pretty helpful with stuff like this so I would think you'd at least be able to move it. Though if you booked it through Chase, I guess it'd be up to them to try and get it changed.

I would think, since they are your TA, they still have to service what they have on the books already regardless of whether they are selling it or not. Especially since Disney won't let you do anything if a TA owns it.

Do you mean change at the last minute? I wouldn't think so, isn't it nonrefundable starting 30 days out? I don't necessarily need to cancel my trip. I was just thinking about it since she hasn't been doing well lately and if something were to happen then I would want to be able to postpone my trip without having to worry about losing a significant amount of money.

In the spirit of diversifying one's points :teeth::

For dh's next card, like in the next week, I'm debating between the United Explorer, the World of Hyatt, and the Chase BA card for dh (1/24 w CSP, no biz cards pls).

Pro for United: miles for Australia 2020; expanded award viewing; GE credit (we have precheck now)

Pro for Hyatt: he'd hit the higher 60K with no problem ($6K spend); free annual night; we like a Hyatt where dd goes to school (8K category 2); we could use points in Sydney (20K and 30K options, both above free night)

Pro for BA: miles for traveling duh (but not sure how to use that for Australia? save for Europe in future?); definitely hitting the 75K level ($10K spend), strong chance of hitting the 100K level ($20K spend), middling chance of hitting the travel together ticket level of $30K

Which would you choose? or how would you order these three? Dh's last 5/24 spot would probably be a CF/CFU or the Marriott personal.

Last edited:
Do you mean change at the last minute? I wouldn't think so, isn't it nonrefundable starting 30 days out? I don't necessarily need to cancel my trip. I was just thinking about it since she hasn't been doing well lately and if something were to happen then I would want to be able to postpone my trip without having to worry about losing a significant amount of money.

I thought you could still change, especially in this case I figure they'd work with you a bit. I always book room only so I'm not sure.

So does all this mean we can blame the Tesla guy for starting it all?

I blame the Tesla guy for everything wrong in my life. I have a cold today...Tesla Guy... Spilled wing sauce on my shorts today...Tesla Guy...

Interestingly, the Tesla d*****bag is back on MMS this week with two new posts, one about how he’s keeping his CIP because he managed to f*ck up his iPhone twice and got it covered by the CIP’s cell phone insurance, as well as how awesome the card is (it was more awesome before, a**hole!) and their affiliate links all over the article; and two, whining like an entitled brat about how he didn’t get lounge access as a Platinum guest on a recent Marriott stay.

I didn’t want to share the articles, because this site deserves no clicks. I peek in now and then to see what they’ll ruin next. Oh, several go f*ck yourself, Keith comments were great too, before they got deleted of course. MMS kept this gem though, just to show you how much of an a** this guy is:

d9JZ2Vo.jpg

I thought you could still change, especially in this case I figure they'd work with you a bit. I always book room only so I'm not sure.

I just looked and their official policy is that up until two days before you leave you can cancel and get your money back for a $200 cancellation fee. Which isn't terrible, and I guess we would still have our tickets and if we just had to delay our trip then we would just be out on our MVMCP tickets.

In the spirit of diversifying one's points :teeth::

For dh's next card, like in the next week, I'm debating between the United Explorer, the World of Hyatt, and the Chase BA card for dh (1/24 w CSP, no biz cards pls).

Pro for United: miles for Australia 2020; expanded award viewing; GE credit (we have precheck now)

Pro for Hyatt: he'd hit the higher 60K with no problem ($6K spend); free annual night; we like a Hyatt where dd goes to school (8K category 2); we could use points in Sydney (20K and 30K options, both above free night)

Pro for BA: miles for traveling duh (but not sure how to use that for Australia? save for Europe in future?); definitely hitting the 75K level ($10K spend), strong chance of hitting the 100K level ($20K spend), middling chance of hitting the travel together ticket level of $30K

Which would you choose? or how would you order these three? Dh's last 5/24 spot would probably be a CF/CFU or the Marriott personal.

How many miles is the offer on the United Explorer card?

What is truly baffling to me is how are these decisions Chase is making helping their bottom line?
Disney pays a decent commission to TAs on packages and cruises...I would think it would be in their best interest for their customers to book through their TA, particularly those that are only paying a potion of their trip in UR, and paying the rest in cash. Connexions had to be giving them a portion of the commissions they received.

Did Expedia give them a better deal?

I just looked and their official policy is that up until two days before you leave you can cancel and get your money back for a $200 cancellation fee. Which isn't terrible, and I guess we would still have our tickets and if we just had to delay our trip then we would just be out on our MVMCP tickets.

If it is Disney I think if you go ahead and rebook 'something', you won't have to pay the cancellation fee.
There is outside travel insurance. They talk about it all the time on the DVC boards. I've never really worried about it so don't have details.

What night are those tickets?

@SouthFayetteFan - don't sweat it and don't give up the good fight. May I suggest the following disclaimer for your future posts....

The value of this advice could go up as well as down depending on a whole range of factors including, but not limited to......1) Your own unique personal situation; 2)Caffeine and Sleep Quantity in the prior 24 hours; 3) Which financial institution 'spy' has been reading our posts; 4) Which idiot blogger has been shouting their loud mouth about their latest, greatest achievement and attracting copious unwanted attention.

For any and all complaints please seek out 'Tesla Guy' and seek recompense as you deem appropriate.
Haha - I appreciate that one :)

I think I actually am going to adopt some sort of disclaimer though going forward...just to make sure people are keeping their options open on this stuff.

That's not bad. I did think you could change the package for no fee as long as it stayed the same price or went up. Not sure how much ins would be vs the 200.

I've read about people getting refunds for MVMCP and MNSSHP for way less, if you call and the first doesn't HUCA. It's non refundable but there's plenty of DP's out there of people getting a refund.

It probably won't surprise many of you that I don't drink... hahaha!

But you know what...I will survive this...yes I will...We ALL will :)

At first I was afraid, I was petrified
Kept thinking Chase would always be right there just at my side
But then she went and changed the rules oh how you did me wrong
And I grew strong
And I learned how to get along
And so I'll burn
URs from Chase
I just won't let you see that disappointment on my face
I should have known you'd make a change, I should have not waited to see
If I'd known for just one second, you'd turn your back on me
Go on now, go, Take your cruises and Tour
Just turn around now
'Cause you're not welcome anymore
Did you just think I'd give up on this and just stop to try
Weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye
Do you think I'd crumble
Did you think I'd lay down and die?
Oh no, not I, I will survive
Oh, as long as I know how to Churn, I know I'll stay alive
I've got all my life to live
And I've got all my spend to give and I'll survive
I will survive, hey, hey

It’s intermission and I just saw this since @Lain tagged me.

LoveLoveLoveLove!!!!

If it is Disney I think if you go ahead and rebook 'something', you won't have to pay the cancellation fee.
There is outside travel insurance. They talk about it all the time on the DVC boards. I've never really worried about it so don't have details.

What night are those tickets?

Tix are for Nov. 8. We would definitely rebook, so that would be ok. I’ve never worried about it before either, but if she were to pass away then I would of course be postponing our trip.

That's not bad. I did think you could change the package for no fee as long as it stayed the same price or went up. Not sure how much ins would be vs the 200.

I've read about people getting refunds for MVMCP and MNSSHP for way less, if you call and the first doesn't HUCA. It's non refundable but there's plenty of DP's out there of people getting a refund.

Insurance would be $140. Sounds like based on what you’ve said and Judique I’ll just roll the dice. I think that if all travel companies, Disney would definitely be understanding of a death in the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter