I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
also I SM'd Chase to remove DH as AU on two accts, but I can't do that thru his acct since it isn't showing on dropdown menu and they require a cc number regarding the message.

You can remove DH as an AU on an Amex card, but Amex will not remove an AU account from the credit reports if the AU is your spouse. You won’t have any more luck disputing the AU account directly with the credit bureaus either. If the AU was a friend or roommate on the other hand... :rolleyes1
so there's no point bothering to try,right? I just found the DoC article on this..... (my own price for a dumb app mistake)

Paranoia Level Midnight (Engage Agent Michael Scarn...for the office fans here)...

• Got panicked this morning hearing of more people with CSPs shutdown
  • I was planning to finish our MSR this evening
  • Instead Texted wife and asked to pickup CSR card from her at work at lunchtime
  • Headed directly to grocery store
  • Purchased ONE $150 Target GC and split tender between CSR and CSP to meet the MSR on both cards on the same transaction
  • Figured out the PERFECT amount to put on the CSR so that whether you included a pending item (scholastic book order) that may delay to post AND the items previously put against the travel credit or didn't include those items...that THIS transaction was the one that pushed us over the $4,000
  • Now we sit...and wait...and hope...

I might have you beat on the paranoia front. We met spend last month and with no points posted I'm now really worried we won't get them. And kicking myself since had I just opened one of them in my name this wouldn't be an issue. Live and learn.

I added 2 links to the reddit threads but they are my first posts over there. Please let me know if you see that I did something wrong over there. I don't know all the rules and I'm not familiar with the way things work.

2 DPs this morning that Plastiq Masterpass check payments are back to no fee: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/9fh11u/comment/e5wrgxq?st=JM0RLQZ7&sh=90b07565

Thanks for the update. I had sent them an email first thing this morning and received a response at 12:22 pm. I have loaded all my cards into Masterpass and made payments to Honda. I ended up sending checks since I couldn't get the upgraded recipient to work. I also changed the amounts slightly so they would be easier to check (i.e. $199.99, $199.98, etc.) I appreciate everyone's help on this!!

I might have you beat on the paranoia front. We met spend last month and with no points posted I'm now really worried we won't get them. And kicking myself since had I just opened one of them in my name this wouldn't be an issue. Live and learn.

I added 2 links to the reddit threads but they are my first posts over there. Please let me know if you see that I did something wrong over there. I don't know all the rules and I'm not familiar with the way things work.
you posts on reddit look perfect. :)

also I SM'd Chase to remove DH as AU on two accts, but I can't do that thru his acct since it isn't showing on dropdown menu and they require a cc number regarding the message.
I have never removed an AU'er. My only experience with any of this is trying to get Chase to not consider an AU'er and they said no, since my dh was truly the one financially responsible. Your situation is different though in what you are trying to do. Your dh might need to call if no way to do it through SM.

What I mean is I actually am asking that user to send me the email, lol!

Haha, right, I figured you were :) But for others who were looking at their emails, apparently it's a link in the email that has these terms, not just using the apply link and checking the terms on that page. Probably should grabbed someone else's post to avoid confusion :)

Someone linked to the webpage that pops up if you click the right link in the email (if I'm reading this all correctly) to confirm what you have: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/9ew7ff/daily_question_thread_september_11_2018/e5s9sun/

I have no idea what the emails look like so this is all the help I am :) Hopefully they didn't fix that so soon as it was just yesterday it worked...

Does anyone know what happens if you have Chase UR points and you close your account? Do you lose the points? Hearing that Chase may close the ability to transfer points makes me worried. I was planning to close my CSR after DH gets his, and I was going to transfer my points to his account, but if they close that loophole soon, I need to know what will happen to my points. I will have about 15000.

On a true shutdown, they give u 30 days to transfer them out to whoever u want them to go to. In this case of csp getting shut down, I have no idea.

Just had a thought. Makes me wonder if all this shutdowns is the reason why they are holding all MSR bonuses until future notice.

well I'm not in a rush so I also have the option of waiting 30 days right? I hate to make him call in....

There should be an option that doesn’t require a cc number. Just send a general SM and include the AU cc number in the body of your message.

I am investigating this claim further on Reddit...Will report back :)

I emailed myself the referral link on 8/14 and it now has the 48 month language. Perhaps it depends on when the link was created?

ETA:
Can't find it now, but the reports of the links working had something to do with the T&C/offer details links still had 24 months. So even if the landing page changed, when you opened the fine prints it had the 24 month language. If that's changed everywhere then that might be dead now too.

The email offer details do say 24 months. It only took 3 days to get the email from Chase!

Last edited:
You need to keep a UR earning CC active to keep your points active. You could just PC your CSR to a Freedom. Does your Husband currently have ANY Chase UR cards?

Also worth noting, I think a change to UR transfer rules would be announced. The 48 month change, the DD loophole closure, these are application rules where Chase is trying to stop people from abusing their system (do those rules really affect any normal person?? Only churners seem to be affected). A change to UR transfer rules would be a shift in marketing strategy and affect LOTS of people - and NON-churners at that. I would imagine Chase would want to avoid the negative backlash and would say, effective XX days from now we will make this change. A good example (but totally unrelated) was like when SW announced that hotel point transfers would not count toward CP anymore. They announced it and gave people time before putting it in affect to avoid the backlash.

Let’s not forget the IHG free night devaluation, which happened with little to no notice. It was only after considerable backlash that Chase walked back the change and grandfathered some customers back into the unlimited certs for another year.

While I agree major changes to the benefits or program, like the loss of price protection and changes to how the CSR’s travel credited purchases earn points, were announced with a lot of lead time beforehand; and these recent nerfs feel more like patches aimed at churners — I feeling very sour on Chase right now and wouldn’t put anything past them in the future.

Can MR be transferred from one person to another? I'm taking another look at point requirements for our proposed 2020 Australia trip, considering flying one direction on UR and one on MR.

Just caught up. Regarding Plastiq, really glad that’s been straightened out. I had planned to make a Honda payment myself this afternoon. Hopefully that Masterpass deal will continue through the end of the month. It’s been very helpful!

I just made my first Gyft purchase that went through immediately. Pretty happy about that. It was my third purchase through them. The first two, for $25 each, took a couple hours. This was a $50 Walmart, and I had the code immediately.

I’m also pretty new to churning. I got the CIP around 6/30 and had planned to DD in October sometime. I guess now I’ll just go for the CSR and forget about the CSP. Originally, I was thinking I’d PC the CSP to a CF after a year. I like the whole idea of rotating categories. But I don’t think I’ll want to ever PC the CSR, so may apply for the CF sooner than a year out. I may get my P2 into MR’s early 2019 and put off referring him to CSR until we get closer to our summer 2020 Europe trip. He’s 3/24 right now but one of those will drop off 3/19 and another in 6/19. Any input on this plan is appreciated!

Has anyone else seen their Chase bonus go to pending? I’m sure bonuses are probably just going to be in a state of limbo until Chase finishes shutting down all the cards they’ve got it into their heads to shut down. But just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter