I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After lamenting my bad luck at Chase pulling the DD just a few days before I was in a position to take advantage of it - my perspective has certainly changed this morning. I would have been seriously upset if I had applied, put a ton of spend on the card and then had Chase close it. Instead I notionally have $4000 freed up to put toward an MSR on another card - time to start looking for the positives.

I genuinely feel for anyone caught up in this mess - whether you have already had Chase close an account or are dealing with the uncertainty of being a recent applicant and not knowing if Chase is coming for you. I have no real problem in Chase closing the loophole, but think that going after selective customers retrospectively just ain't right.

I agree. I had been on the fence about whether to try to get under 5/24 to double dip the CSR and CSP, but now that question is moot. But that's a whole different situation from approving the card, letting people use the card, and then closing the card. I'm sure they are within their legal rights but it does leave a bad impression of the company.

OK guys, potential mistake. It seems Chase lowered the CL on this card from 30k to 1k and he transactions were declined because I am over the CL. Since I am only an AU (and DH is busy at work) I can’t call but I sent a SM to get CL transferred from SW card to the CSP. Unfortunately it takes 24 hours for a response...I will keep you posted.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, the last time I asked to move CL from cards and did it by SM in a couple hours. Keep an eye out, because once it is moved I would finish the MS ASAP and hope you will get both bonuses yet! Good luck!

I agree. I had been on the fence about whether to try to get under 5/24 to double dip the CSR and CSP, but now that question is moot. But that's a whole different situation from approving the card, letting people use the card, and then closing the card. I'm sure they are within their legal rights but it does leave a bad impression of the company.

Esp since they've made money off the swipes and may have gotten the af already which they need to refund. It wouldn't work but I'd be tempted to tell them they can pay the balance on the card since they approved me and all the charges and now they don't.

Does anyone know what happens if you have Chase UR points and you close your account? Do you lose the points? Hearing that Chase may close the ability to transfer points makes me worried. I was planning to close my CSR after DH gets his, and I was going to transfer my points to his account, but if they close that loophole soon, I need to know what will happen to my points. I will have about 15000.

Does anyone know what happens if you have Chase UR points and you close your account? Do you lose the points? Hearing that Chase may close the ability to transfer points makes me worried. I was planning to close my CSR after DH gets his, and I was going to transfer my points to his account, but if they close that loophole soon, I need to know what will happen to my points. I will have about 15000.
You need to keep a UR earning CC active to keep your points active. You could just PC your CSR to a Freedom. Does your Husband currently have ANY Chase UR cards?

Also worth noting, I think a change to UR transfer rules would be announced. The 48 month change, the DD loophole closure, these are application rules where Chase is trying to stop people from abusing their system (do those rules really affect any normal person?? Only churners seem to be affected). A change to UR transfer rules would be a shift in marketing strategy and affect LOTS of people - and NON-churners at that. I would imagine Chase would want to avoid the negative backlash and would say, effective XX days from now we will make this change. A good example (but totally unrelated) was like when SW announced that hotel point transfers would not count toward CP anymore. They announced it and gave people time before putting it in affect to avoid the backlash.

Did anybody email themselves a referral for the CSR or CSP cards prior to the 48 month language going into effect?? If so - check and see if your EMAIL link still contains 24 month language.

Please report back - for those that were planning to hit a Sapphire card soon and now the 48 month rule is holding them back, this could be a workaround!!! Now...the double dip is certainly dead, but still might be worth trying for 1 Sapphire this way.

I typically don't email referral links to myself so I can't prove this myself but have seen DPs of it working so far.
On Aug 28 I generated a link from dh account with 24 mo language and applied the same day. Just checked his link: 48 mo language.

Now that I won't be double dipping, would everyone agree that it's best I use DH's CSP referral and then upgrade his CSP to CSR before we need to book our Costa Rica trip? That way we at least get the 10K from his CSP referral?

I have a somewhat different Chase issue this morning. I had planned to refer one of my kids for the Freedom. But now the Freedom does not have a referral bonus. However, the Freedom Unlimited does. Would it be risky to PC my Freedom to the Unlimited, have kid apply for the Unlimited, and then (in a few weeks or even months) PC both to the Freedom?

?? The links on Dischurners still have a bonus listed.

What I am saying and how I am feeling right now are 2 different things sadly. :( I'm typing and saying positive things in an attempt to trick myself into believing it. I know this will sound stupid, but I'm literally getting a sick feeling in my stomach reading about the way Chase is pursuing people on this. I feel bad, it's just...I can't describe it. Sorry for anybody going through this!
I hear you.... so sorry about the timing.... but believe what you've posted....it's good advice! being in the middle of this mess can change your perspective for sure but you've been doing this long enough to know that when there's a big shift, other things usually fill in the gaps.... I'm hoping that they won't do this to everyone at once....

Did anybody email themselves a referral for the CSR or CSP cards prior to the 48 month language going into effect?? If so - check and see if your EMAIL link still contains 24 month language.

Please report back - for those that were planning to hit a Sapphire card soon and now the 48 month rule is holding them back, this could be a workaround!!! Now...the double dip is certainly dead, but still might be worth trying for 1 Sapphire this way.

I typically don't email referral links to myself so I can't prove this myself but have seen DPs of it working so far.

Yes, I did send myself an email link, and it now reads 48 months. I know it was 24 month language before because I was saving it for future referrals.

I didn't send it to myself, but I emailed my referral link to a friend on Sept. 1, and checking it now, it has the 48 month language.

I don't even think that's a tinfoil hat thing. I think the UR transfer rule is for sure coming. Chase has been hinting at it in surveys for probably a year now. The 48 month rule came out of nowhere and now people are scrambling to change their plans. Don't let that happen with URs. We already know they're thinking about it, and with all the changes they've made recently it's more likely than not it happens (and probably soon). And we have warning now.

I think you're probably right - makes me even more anxious for my welcome bonuses on the CIP and CSP to post so that I can consolidate them!

No I lie it wAs the end of August. So fingers crossed the July Appliers are in the clear

Your first post gave me pause! If they are clawing back cards all the way to July, that would be rough. I wonder if the delayed bonuses are to give them time to catch any double dippers who made the MSR super quick.

Paranoia Level Midnight (Engage Agent Michael Scarn...for the office fans here)...

• Got panicked this morning hearing of more people with CSPs shutdown
  • I was planning to finish our MSR this evening
  • Instead Texted wife and asked to pickup CSR card from her at work at lunchtime
  • Headed directly to grocery store
  • Purchased ONE $150 Target GC and split tender between CSR and CSP to meet the MSR on both cards on the same transaction
  • Figured out the PERFECT amount to put on the CSR so that whether you included a pending item (scholastic book order) that may delay to post AND the items previously put against the travel credit or didn't include those items...that THIS transaction was the one that pushed us over the $4,000
  • Now we sit...and wait...and hope...

I am investigating this claim further on Reddit...Will report back :)

Can't find it now, but the reports of the links working had something to do with the T&C/offer details links still had 24 months. So even if the landing page changed, when you opened the fine prints it had the 24 month language. If that's changed everywhere then that might be dead now too.

You clearly need to get moving on getting the AU'ers removed! Do it asap so you will have time for them to drop off his CR before you get ready to apply for the SW cards. Once you do that, it looks like DH will drop to 2/24 and you do not need to wait until after 12/1 to apply for the SW biz. It would seem you should be fine to apply during the flight.

Maybe someone else can take a look and advise as well. I have a cold (sounds like lots of us here do!) so my head is fuzzy!
thanks for your help! Ok I SM'ed my chase accts today to remove him.... for AMex, do I need to call? So if he's 2/24 (soon) and I want to go for what I can with SW, then what? recommendations please! I'm thinking maybe UR card for his points(in case they stop transfers?) I want to keep moving in this game,and now considering BoA and Citi offers as a hedge right now.

Can't find it now, but the reports of the links working had something to do with the T&C/offer details links still had 24 months. So even if the landing page changed, when you opened the fine prints it had the 24 month language. If that's changed everywhere then that might be dead now too.
I'm attempting to get my hands on the email that apparently is working...for my sister's use. Which actually isn't a lie :)

I'm attempting to get my hands on the email that apparently is working...for my sister's use. Which actually isn't a lie :)

The linked Ts & Cs are also showing 48 months on the link I emailed my friend, which I retrieved from my sent items.

Here it is: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/c...als_24_months_language_are_dead_both/e5qxko1/

If you click the "offer terms" from the email, that was still showing the 24 even though the email/web updated to 48. So that should tell you if it's good still or not. I never emailed links... thought about it but figured that was too paranoid for right now (win some, lose some)

Does anyone have any knowledge on US Bank business cards? I applied for the US Bank Business Edge card on Sun evening, have called the automated line but it still states that it's under review. I've never had a US Bank card so I'm wondering what this means. I haven't been able to find many DP's for them. This is the card that is $200 cash back after $1k spend, and supposedly bonus cash back given for each employee card.

thanks for your help! Ok I SM'ed my chase accts today to remove him.... for AMex, do I need to call? So if he's 2/24 (soon) and I want to go for what I can with SW, then what? recommendations please! I'm thinking maybe UR card for his points(in case they stop transfers?) I want to keep moving in this game,and now considering BoA and Citi offers as a hedge right now.

You can remove DH as an AU on an Amex card, but Amex will not remove an AU account from the credit reports if the AU is your spouse. You won’t have any more luck disputing the AU account directly with the credit bureaus either. If the AU was a friend or roommate on the other hand... :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter