I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another horrible thought crossed my mind. Will this count against his 5/24 Count? Because it was an open card that then got closed in the last 24 months

Before I started this hobby I applied for the Southwest card with my student income but the rep added an extra 0 so I got approved. Chase realized their mistake and closed my account before I even activated their card. This counted towards my 5/24, but I called chase and disputed it and explained the situation and they removed the card. Hopefully you have the same luck with getting it removed.

I didn't get on yesterday. Just seeing the news. Could've guess that was coming. There goes my SW personals DD in a couple weeks. :sad2: At least I just got the biz and can still do a personal. Silver lining.

RE: Death of Double Dip
I shared thoughts on the situation here on r/churning: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/c...doubledip_what_it_means_for_churners/e5v33n4/

Basically saying this has minimal affect on experienced churners...

Unfortunately we have a VERY different demographic here than on r/churning. We have a lot more SLOW churners, a lot more people actively remaining under 5/24 and a lot of newer folks. I'm very sorry that this will affect your plans moving forward. That said...the $8k MSR was very high...and given the current rules you can still get CIP, CIU, CIC, CF, CFU in addition to CSR so there are a TON of UR earning opportunities out there!

I love your positivity in these situations! Always the voice of reason. :worship::goodvibes

Another horrible thought crossed my mind. Will this count against his 5/24 Count? Because it was an open card that then got closed in the last 24 months

Since it's so new, if it hasn't reported to the CR yet, I'd ask Chase to ensure it never is. But since you put spend on it I'm not sure if that's an uphill battle or not.

Yep. It makes me nervous when I see it, too. Of course this is where I headed when it popped up in my search since I'm so familiar with this board (maybe too familiar when I see my post count).
...and this is what sets this board apart from other boards with similiar themes.... it's fairly open info here...which is great,but also a hazard if there are sneaky reps etc. The 'other' boards are a fierce wasteland of diy and cryptic info given in great circles of confusion to 'protect' those few 'elite' churners and their ideas and plans. And lots of arguing over how much info to share with the 'non elite' who happen to stop by....:scared:

I haven't been on the thread in the last hour, but I see my Doc notification for the Q4 Freedom categories and I'm kind of afraid to look now!

:rotfl:

@DisneyMandC (since I mentioned waiting to see what Q4 would bring), and others with the Freedom card - Q4 bonus categories are:

Wholesale clubs
Department stores
ChasePay

Ok so department stores seems to be a trend at least, been a couple years with that general category. Wholesale clubs doesn't do anything for me since I'll be hitting that for last cashback match quarter on my It card. I'm glad I guessed right on the Chase Pay, even though we won't use it much. Shame Best Buy is in store only, I stock up on movies during their Black Friday sales but lately I've been doing it online to avoid the sell outs. (guess I could order it and return it if I can actually find it in store that afternoon)

Plus side, leaked a whole 2 days before activation :p Thanks!

Imho book it. Coming off that flight will feel like 9pm and you board your east coast flight at basically 3am to you. Crappy hotel bed > airport chair- especially with a cross-country flight coming up. Even if you just get showered and stretch out on the bed and watch tv it’ll beat the pants off LAX.

ETA: just remembered I just got back from my 2nd trip in LAX T8 in the last couple months- those chairs SUCK. SO. MUCH. In all of my life I have never sat down in more miserable chairs. Give me the 4 year olds pre-school chair at back to school night! Seriously. It looks kinda padded and you sit and it feels like you plopped down on metal. Those T8 (idk the other terminals) chairs are from you know where! I literally bought a glass of wine from the bar so I could sit in a more comfy chair while I waited- yes I could have bought a soda but that’s not the point here ;) ) If that’s where you are overnighting run, do not walk, to a nearby hotel!
gotcha:thumbsup2 I booked it- what's one more free IHG night right? I like that crowne plaza that's right next door to LAX, this will be my 4th stop there! (I never imagined that!)

Plastiq question. Bought a $200 MCGC at OD today. Registered the card on mygiftcardsite .com. Logged into Plastiq, clicked on my cards to Add New Card, clicked on +More Ways to Add, created an account with Masterpass, added the $200 MCGC to my Masterpass wallet, back in Plastiq created payment. The MC and masterpass logo are showing, but there is a $5.00 fee. Where did I go wrong? I put the car payment in the "other" category.

I can do that. I just went into Incognito mode and started a payment for my DD's rent at school. It is showing as a $0.00 fee. Interesting that the car payment is showing as a $5.00 fee.

$5 is 2.5% of $200 so it’s like the Masterpass promo didn’t apply. I think you have to be using generic Masterpass for the promo, not one of the bank versions of the Masterpass wallet (like Citi Pay). If I don’t go incognito, my Masterpass would keep defaulting to the Citi Pay version.

Not sure how I can tell if it the Citi Pay version or generic Masterpass. Here is what I have done so far:

Entered first card. Masterpass logo on payment. $5.00 charge for Honda Financial Services.
Changed payment to DD's rent. $0.00 charge.
Entered second card. Deleted first card.
Masterpass logo on payment. $5.00 charge for Honda.
Changed payment to DD's rent. $0.00 charge.
Deleted Honda payee. Reentered Honda payee as business services. $5.00 charge.

I think that they don't like Honda for some reason! Was really hoping to make a few payments on the car.

hmm, other group reports plastiq + master pass is charging ppl. promo ended early? I just tried it for $250 and it is charging me.

:-/.

Its still working for me with no fees. I just made a $100 payment to Chase. First I enter my gift cards into Masterpass. Then I use Chrome in incognito mode to open Plastiq and pull my cards in from Masterpass.

Edited to add . . . sent checks - not electronic payments.

Wow, yeah, good choice not to use P2, I'd think closing a card would firmly set them into the other camp... at least it would at this house.

Totally unscientific, but so far all DPs I read are for folks that got them in September. So might be ok? Or they could be working in reverse order and will get to August later, but that seems problematic. Most of the affected hadn't received the CSP in the mail yet, like Chase was trying to nip it before you really used it. Gosh, tough call.

The r/churning folks consensus is check payments are showing the fee but electronic still free. I hope it's a glitch but so close to end date maybe they decided to cut some losses.

Reports on r/churning that Plastiq's Masterpass promo is charging a fee for checks but not for electronic payments:

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/9f6qgu/daily_discussion_thread_september_12_2018/e5vug78
https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/9f6e7r/daily_question_thread_september_12_2018/e5vtn2a

For @disneybirds - If you haven't tried already, search the "recipient's name" + "Plastiq" on a web search and see if there's a result that comes up from Plastiq.com. That's where you can find out if Plastiq has a electronic direct deposit relationship with the recipient. Honda should be in there.

Honda actually doesn't have an electronic relationship with Plastiq unfortunately. They've had to send physical checks :(

I was able to make a payment as late as 10pm last night, so it seems like the change to physical checks happened overnight. I was able to make a fee-free payment to PNC just now, though. PNC is an electronic recipient.

Hoping it's just a glitch...but seems unlikely.

Just to be clear...we have never denied anybody DISchurners membership, lol. BUT if I don't recognize somebody I will search for the user name here, on reddit and on google to see if anything weird pops up. Everybody has passed our test. We've also NEVER mentioned this thread or DISchurners on r/churning or DoC or anything like that.

If you remember, that one guy had a link to this thread in the r/churning WDW guide and I asked him to change it to the Gift Card thread (which is what he wanted to link to anyways). I don't personally know of anybody who found us here from r/churning which is probably a good thing.

My username here used to be my name on twitter and Instagram, but I didn't want my whole internet self to be connected under one name (a name that started on AIM and then ebay when I was a college kiddo). But I hope you enjoyed my wedding trip report and ebay sales history :rotfl:

But in all honesty, thanks for taking the time to follow-up on everyone and giving all of us an opportunity on dischurners.

Yeah, I think it would come out being sort of 6 of one or half a dozen of another either way I did it. I only have $400 in my Fidelity account ($200 deposited, $200 bonus). So either way I'd have to send money from Ally to Fidelity, and then transfer it in and out to Chase. I figure even moving $1500 from Ally, I'm still coming out ahead on the bonus money than I would on the interest earned on the $1500 with Ally.

I just need to sit down tonight and do it and have it all loaded into YNAB so I don't forget where my money is. :rolleyes1

We only left 1200 in it, the $300 bonus money makes up the rest. If that makes a difference :p

It's $300 min balance to keep savings fee free, and $1500 (or the DD's) to keep the checking. So after the bonuses posted into the accounts we just moved out everything over that, so technically only $1300 of the original money is sitting there between both accounts. Since the bonus posts quickly for the checking and you have the grace period, you should be able to just move over $1200 to up the balance before the grace period expires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter