I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much! So I'll avoid using the AMEX ED and just use my SPG Biz for everything? Then wait to see a Delta or SPG offer for our next cards.

Thanks!

The Amex SPG cards are good cards to put general “everything else” spend on until 7/31/18. You earn 1 Starpoint per $1 of non-Marriott/Starwood spend, and any points earned will be converted to 3 Marriott points on 8/1/18.

However, effective 8/1/18, the Amex SPG cards will no longer earn Starpoints (where 1 Starpoint=3 Marriott points), and will change to earning Marriott points going forward. The spending bonuses will change too. The SPG Biz will earn 6x points at Marriott/Starwood hotels, 4x points at U.S. restaurants/gas stations/wireless shipping services/shipping purchases, and 2x points on all other purchases.

Note the devaluation in general spend. Currently until 7/31/18, you’re earning an effective 3 Marriott points per $1; on 8/1/18 and after, you’ll earn only 2 Marriott points per $1.

Is anyone else going to Food and Wine? (I know @calypso726 is :) ) Bookings open June 14 for seminars, event, demos, etc!!! Official calendars are up on the website. (Sorry if someone already posted this but I'm in total shock, super excited and really stressed out with a million other things I should be doing but wanted to make sure everyone knows!)
We’ll be there Nov 5-10th. Jersey week.

My membership rewards look to transfer to Delta at 1:1. For example, it is letting me transfer in 1000 increments for 1000 Delta miles. If this is right, shouldn't I try to accumulate these with my Amex ED to transfer to Delta?

SO Lowes OK,just verifying? (Hilton Biz) I don't want to mess this up

I bought some Gc at Lowe’s with my Hilton biz towards msr. I’m not worried about it. They weren’t visa ones and I am putting lots of regular spend on it too. Plus once we hit msr we will still be using it for Hilton charges weekly, so if the GC purchased didn’t count I’d still have enough spend.
Here is how I see it..:I’m not MSing. I am buying GCs for legit use. I can’t sit around and worry about every little purchase and whether I am making the Amex rats upset.

The Amex SPG cards are good cards to put general “everything else” spend on until 7/31/18. You earn 1 Starpoint per $1 of non-Marriott/Starwood spend, and any points earned will be converted to 3 Marriott points on 8/1/18.

However, effective 8/1/18, the Amex SPG cards will no longer earn Starpoints (where 1 Starpoint=3 Marriott points), and will change to earning Marriott points going forward. The spending bonuses will change too. The SPG Biz will earn 6x points at Marriott/Starwood hotels, 4x points at U.S. restaurants/gas stations/wireless shipping services/shipping purchases, and 2x points on all other purchases.

Note the devaluation in general spend. Currently until 7/31/18, you’re earning an effective 3 Marriott points per $1; on 8/1/18 and after, you’ll earn only 2 Marriott points per $1.

Depending on the sign up bonus, I may be interested in the new SPG card when it comes out August 9th. The free night will be up to 50K points and there will be a $300 credit for eligible purchases at the hotels. You will also receive gold elite status. Unlimited lounge visits with Priority Pass. Global entry every 4 years. Free Boingo. No foreign transaction fees. All for $450 a year.....The free night could be worth about half or more of that combined with the in hotel credit - it will pay for itself. Now, it's highly unlikely I would do 75K a year for the platinum elite status, but you never know what a girl may be up to.

@Albort - enjoyed 5 Guys this evening - bill was $20.41 for 2 burgers, 1 fries and a drink. $2.41 for the two of us after the $18 discount and we have one left to go. Thanks again for posting this!

Depending on the sign up bonus, I may be interested in the new SPG card when it comes out August 9th. The free night will be up to 50K points and there will be a $300 credit for eligible purchases at the hotels. You will also receive gold elite status. Unlimited lounge visits with Priority Pass. Global entry every 4 years. Free Boingo. No foreign transaction fees. All for $450 a year.....The free night could be worth about half or more of that combined with the in hotel credit - it will pay for itself. Now, it's highly unlikely I would do 75K a year for the platinum elite status, but you never know what a girl may be up to.

@Albort - enjoyed 5 Guys this evening - bill was $20.41 for 2 burgers, 1 fries and a drink. $2.41 for the two of us after the $18 discount and we have one left to go. Thanks again for posting this!

I think I might be interested in this card if the sign up bonus is right. I wonder what it will be. The annual fee would pay for itself with the $300 credit plus free night annually.

Where did you see the August 9th release date? I've only ever seen "August" or August 1. I'm tempted too. I'm a sucker for these high-end cards, because as you said the card benefits pay for the card itself. We'll also be staying at two Starwood properties over the holidays. But I'm effectively 4/24 with my next cards dropping in after 12/18 and 2/19. The SPG Luxury would put be (temporarily?) at 5/24. Although, there's not much from Chase that's appealing to me right now (maybe the Marriott Premier Plus for the 100k Marriott points or United MPE to add to my UA miles? -- neither are really compelling). And besides, I should probably cool it with Chase for the next 6 months or so anyway and let Player 2 pick up some Chase cards.

Where did you see the August 9th release date? I've only ever seen "August" or August 1. I'm tempted too. I'm a sucker for these high-end cards, because as you said the card benefits pay for the card itself. We'll also be staying at two Starwood properties over the holidays. But I'm effectively 4/24 with my next cards dropping in after 12/18 and 2/19. The SPG Luxury would put be (temporarily?) at 5/24. Although, there's not much from Chase that's appealing to me right now (maybe the Marriott Premier Plus for the 100k Marriott points or United MPE to add to my UA miles? -- neither are really compelling). And besides, I should probably cool it with Chase for the next 6 months or so anyway and let Player 2 pick up some Chase cards.

Lain - I've been reading all the emails and clicking all the links and just this week I read that somewhere. But, after I posted it I almost took it down because I couldn't find it again. I'm still looking. It's possible I made a mistake, but I've been watching this card, so I don't think I did.

The $300 credit is also sort of unclear as to whether it may just be incidentals or actual room rental costs, if you read all the terms and conditions.

Lain
- I've been reading all the emails and clicking all the links and just this week I read that somewhere. But, after I posted it I almost took it down because I couldn't find it again. I'm still looking. It's possible I made a mistake, but I've been watching this card, so I don't think I did.

The $300 credit is also sort of unclear as to whether it may just be incidentals or actual room rental costs, if you read all the terms and conditions.

@Lain - I found the reference to the August 9 date and I remembered it out of context: It's in regard to upgrading the regular SPG card.
Sorry for the misinformation.
Here is what I read in the FAQ's:
Existing SPG® Amex Card Members

Q: Can I upgrade to the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card? If so, when?
A:
Existing Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card Members will have the opportunity to upgrade to the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card beginning August 9, 2018.
Note that you will not be able to upgrade from the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express to the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express Luxury Card.

@Lain - I found the reference to the August 9 date and I remembered it out of context: It's in regard to upgrading the regular SPG card.
Sorry for the misinformation.
Here is what I read in the FAQ's:
Existing SPG® Amex Card Members

Q: Can I upgrade to the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card? If so, when?

A:
Existing Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card Members will have the opportunity to upgrade to the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card beginning August 9, 2018.
Note that you will not be able to upgrade from the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express to the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express Luxury Card.

Maybe available for new sign-ups on August 1, and upgrades on August 9?

With regard to the SPG luxury card $300 - DoC posted back in April that it can be used for room rates:

'The big question is do room rates qualify? It’s not 100% clear in the above terms, but American Express has confirmed that room rates do qualify for these purchases. This matches how the resort credit works on the premium Hilton card. You’ll also need to allow 12 weeks for the statement credit to post after your transaction has posted.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter