I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

shoes, not sandals are appropriate and make sure shoulders are covered. as long as not a mini skirt you should be fine! can wear black stockings if you'd like.

we don't do flowers, put stones or dirt on grave. food to the family sitting shiva
I'm sorry for your loss! Could you wear them, get there early, scope it out and if no one else is, duck into the loo and remove them? That would be my strategy, lol. Again, condolences!

Thank you. I found a dress in my closet that hit 2" below my knees and went with closed-toe shoes. Some people were wearing jeans, t-shirts and sandals. Guess the dress code has changed over the years? Not sure. Would never send flowers to a Jewish funeral home. When it is appropriate to go to shiva? I didn't go today because we weren't finished at the cemetery until after 4pm and shiva is 2-4 and 7-9.

It was such a sudden and tragic loss. Life is too short.

Others can correct me if I am wrong but if you have/get a Chase Sappire Reserve CC you would earn 3% URs using it to pay for your cruise and then you could use the URs as a statement credit. There is also a $300 annual travel credit which would apply to a cruise payment.

Using UR as a statement credit would only be 1 cent per point. You can do that on any UR earning card without putting the charge on the card. There is Pay Yourself Back on the CSR for 1.25 cpp at grocery stores, but I don't think they sell MSC, NCL or RCCL gift cards.

I have used the $300 travel credit on the CSR to pay down a cruise. Very easy use of it and gets the travel insurance too. 2 birds with 1 stone lol.

There is also the option of going through Chase Travel to book (1.25 with CSP, 1.5 with CSR). But the price tends to be what the cruise line charges, so I feel like that's missing out on the benefits of going through Cruise Compete and the discount or OBC other TAs can offer. Also, I think you have to pay in full when you book and can't use GC or Amex Offers either.

Just did the Chase banking $900 offer. Of course even though I changed my name for my Chase credit cards they had the wrong last name on my pre-loaded information. Hoping this is an easy fix (main concern is if they insist the money is transferred from an account in the same name which is how Vanguard is). Also opened a CIT bank account for my emergency fund. Need to clean some of this up and close a B of A checking account.

Just did the Chase banking $900 offer. Of course even though I changed my name for my Chase credit cards they had the wrong last name on my pre-loaded information. Hoping this is an easy fix (main concern is if they insist the money is transferred from an account in the same name which is how Vanguard is). Also opened a CIT bank account for my emergency fund. Need to clean some of this up and close a B of A checking account.
Wow I thought the $900 offer expired. We all received a $600 offer in the mail

The AF on my Hyatt hit and I decided to close the card. When I log in, it shows the card as being closed but the AF is still listed as the balance. Will it eventually zero out? The AF post on 8/1.

I got it, too, a couple of weeks ago and jumped on it. Verify with Chase that the coupon code was indeed applied. I called to ask a question and they told me it wasn't and asked for it. They added it manually to both the savings and checking.
After my account was created I clicked around and saw it somehow but I'll call and double check. Maybe I'll ask about my name when I call:)

Tell me about how to save on cruising. Specifically looking for spring or summer 2024 leaving Brooklyn (MSC) or Manhattan (Norwegian?) or NJ (RC). Interested in saving using OOP cash or Chase UR or Amex MR. Never cruised before so any information about anything and everything will be helpful. Destination would be bahamas/florida or caribbean for 7 nights.
Use caution if you decide to save on your cruise with discounted gift cards. A lot of cruise lines’ gift cards can’t be used in a straightforward way. Make sure you understand the fine print before you buy them! Definitely research first.

Use caution if you decide to save on your cruise with discounted gift cards. A lot of cruise lines’ gift cards can’t be used in a straightforward way. Make sure you understand the fine print before you buy them! Definitely research first.
Thank you.

Anyone have an ideas as to when the next Flying Blue bonus transfer from Amex would happen? I didn't know if there was any historical data. Thinking of booking flights to Paris in Nov. but just my luck, as soon as I do there will be a bonus.

My two cents on the cruise good deals...

DH and I cruise a decent amount (usually 3 or so a year the past few years). We normally cruise with Carnival though, so some of this may not apply. With our jobs, we are limited to specific weeks / months that we can take vacation, so we have a pretty narrow window of dates we can choose from. I typically start at vacationstogo to see all cruises that are available for our date we are looking at. As far as I know, they show all cruise lines and it's pretty easy to filter by date / departure port / cruise line / price / length / etc to see what's available.

I know the gift cards were mentioned and they work great for Carnival. I buy them through AARP and get 10% off. You can use them for everything - deposit, payments, gratuities, onboard charges, etc. It's an easy way to save 10% on Carnival cruises. The princess gift cards work the same way, but it's my understanding that the Royal Caribbean cards have different restrictions, so definitely check up on them.

We've also used cruise compete to get some kickbacks. Our last cruise was on Princess and we booked it through costco. They had a promotion to get the Princess Plus package included and we got some good costco cash back when we returned. I was also able to use the Princess 10% off cards to pay through them.

We are cruising out of New York for the first time in February and I can't wait. I know it will probably be cold when we leave there, but that makes it that much more fun to get to the warm weather!

My two cents on the cruise good deals...

DH and I cruise a decent amount (usually 3 or so a year the past few years). We normally cruise with Carnival though, so some of this may not apply. With our jobs, we are limited to specific weeks / months that we can take vacation, so we have a pretty narrow window of dates we can choose from. I typically start at vacationstogo to see all cruises that are available for our date we are looking at. As far as I know, they show all cruise lines and it's pretty easy to filter by date / departure port / cruise line / price / length / etc to see what's available.

I know the gift cards were mentioned and they work great for Carnival. I buy them through AARP and get 10% off. You can use them for everything - deposit, payments, gratuities, onboard charges, etc. It's an easy way to save 10% on Carnival cruises. The princess gift cards work the same way, but it's my understanding that the Royal Caribbean cards have different restrictions, so definitely check up on them.

We've also used cruise compete to get some kickbacks. Our last cruise was on Princess and we booked it through costco. They had a promotion to get the Princess Plus package included and we got some good costco cash back when we returned. I was also able to use the Princess 10% off cards to pay through them.

We are cruising out of New York for the first time in February and I can't wait. I know it will probably be cold when we leave there, but that makes it that much more fun to get to the warm weather!
Thank you! This is helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter