• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, I've been trying to get DH and our 2 girls (12&15) to figure out what they are packing to Paris and they have no interest in listening to me.
It's going to be cold, windy and rainy. Do they care? Nope. The girls will probably pack leggins and little tank top. DH will probably pack a light coat. I guess we'll end up having to shop while we are there, but since the dollar has started falling I'm not looking forward to it.
I love when they think walking from the driveway into the house is the same as it's going to feel walking around outside for hours. Plus, in Paris, you get very little sunlight between the buildings.

At the end of the day, I guess I care because it's bucket list for my mom and I want her to have a great time, so I'm trying to set her up for success. Who wants to lose their luggage, or have blisters or be cold?

I'm going to take a little break from her for the few weeks before we go. Sorry you'll have to continue parenting your kids! 🤣

I feel you on this. I still don't have flights home yet bc they are so expensive. I'm still holding out hope that the SW flight prices will drop and because we have companion pass. It's the whole reason we booked Costa Rica specifically because I have a goal to make good use of our two CPs. I recently considered booking United- I think there were good nonstop options to LIR-ORD for 40k.

Are you willing to give up a day or stay a day longer if AA could move you to a nonstop flight on another day?
you can always rebook and pocket the difference no? i do that all the time with delta.

so I know it got buried here but hertz president circle is an Amex platinum perk now (if you go on your dashboard its there). They sent me an email saying exclusive discount for President circles now the car(s) are the same cost as turo I might actually rent from hertz again.

Okay, so feeling some real burnout from booking large group travel. People canceling last minute, lack of responses to information/decision texts (even just an occassional "Hey, thanks"), etc.

And some real mom burnout, lol. She saw a video of some outdated flooding in Venice and bought spring rain boots/galoshes. We are going in November. She has terrible feet but she plans to wear these spring rain boots through multiple airports and layovers on our 20ish hour journey, door to door. :confused3 And they've solved their Acqua Alta flooding problem with a multi-billion dollar barrier device that prevents flooding, but that won't deter her. By golly, she spent $16 dollars on these boots and this is the hill she'll die on. :rotfl2:

Luggage:
"Hey Mom, if you bring that 24" luggage, they might tell you you have to check it, which is fine, but just know there's been a lot of issues with checked luggage lately."
"But Southwest let's me carry it on..."
"Mom, are you flying Southwest to Italy?"

Wardrobe:
My mom: Do you think these leggings are too thin?
Me: What about a base layer underneath?
Mom: Yeah, I'll probably bring some nylons.
Me: 🤣
Mom: They're very insulating. Football players used to wear them.
Me: Sigh

Remember that rule about not discussing politics or religion? I feel like ours needs to be no discussion luggage, weather or wardrobe.

View attachment 717349
Maybe it's just moms can be crazy. I love my mom but she drives me crazy.
Traveling with her is a huge nope. We took her to WDW 10 years ago, worst vacation ever but she doesn't remember all the problems. She's on oxygen which I had to arrange for the plane and have delivered to our resort along with a scooter. We get to resort, decide to have lunch at Contemporary and by the end of lunch she already lost the key to the scooter. 🤦‍♀️ She doesn't recall any issues, including my husband having to push the scooter when it broke down and her, being pushed thru the airport in a wheelchair, telling me to run get her some water while I limp along, having recently had knee surgery, dragging my suitcase and 4 yo DS. 🤣

OMG, I've been trying to get DH and our 2 girls (12&15) to figure out what they are packing to Paris and they have no interest in listening to me.
It's going to be cold, windy and rainy. Do they care? Nope. The girls will probably pack leggins and little tank top. DH will probably pack a light coat. I guess we'll end up having to shop while we are there, but since the dollar has started falling I'm not looking forward to it.
My sister and her family drove 2 hours to the beach one day during their vacation in Greece. 2 of 3 kids forgot swimsuits.

During our recent Europe trip I made an effort to visit as many Priority Pass lounges/restaurants as we could. I brought my sister along as a guest each time; my husband and daughter also had memberships. Here's a quick run-down of those experiences.

St. Louis--Wingtips in Terminal 2. We arrived at 12:30 p.m. on Sunday and they told us they were closing at 1 p.m. We quickly grabbed small salads and sandwiches plus packaged granola bars. It was a small, tight lounge.
We could have also eaten at The Pasta House but didn't want something that heavy.

Boston--Stephanie's Restaurant. Got seated right away and had good service. Our PP allowed $28 per person paid was enough that we could each order a decent entree. We all had the burgers and they were very good. I'd eat there again.
We then went to the Air France lounge and though it was crowded, it wasn't full and we found seats to relax. I appreciated the phone charging tower as my old iPhone was burning its battery fast. We enjoyed dessert and a drink before our overnight flight.

London Luton Airport--Aspire Lounge. There was a sign denying any new entries. From the main concourse we could see into the lounge and that there were open seats. If we had more time I might have pushed it but because of a very long check-in line we didn't have much time for a lounge anyway.

Naples, Italy--Pearl Lounge. Arrived early morning and enjoyed comfy couches. The food was behind a rope so you had to have a worker fill your plate. It was kind of awkward. I wasn't sure if it was because they had just mopped the floor or if it was always that way. The food was not good. We left and went to the delicious bakery next door.

London Heathrow--Terminal Five--Club Aspire Lounge. When we arrived they told us we could enter but would probably have to share a table with strangers. That ended up being true but a nice woman who was alone, volunteered to move to a nearby table with another lone woman so my husband and I could sit together. The lounge is a J shape and it was very crowded. (There was a man sleeping on a full sofa occupying space that 3-4 people could have used.) The food buffet is in a narrow spot and makes it hard to access; also there is no clear direction so people come from both ways. The food was okay and the coffee was good. You have to exit the lounge to go to the bathroom.

The PP app says there is The Globe Pub & Kitchen in Terminal Five but it's not there. The info desk said it was in another terminal so we did not get to try that.

Philadelphia--Terminal C--They only have a spa which we probably would not have used, but we'll never know as our flight was too late to even think about relaxing as we tried to make the connecting flight.
So we’re you able to use both your priority pass and your husbands at the same time at Stephanie’s in Boston?

Flying AA domestic home from CDG, any lounges near terminal 2A? Considering having DH get the Citi Executive for lounge access, but that's silly since this is probably the only airport we'll fly in the next 12 month that doesn't have Priority/Centurion lounges.

Do Chase UR’s transfer immediately to United? My DD wants a last minute trip to Hawaii and using points is the only way she can afford it lol
And I can book her and her BF though my united account correct???

So we’re you able to use both your priority pass and your husbands at the same time at Stephanie’s in Boston?
Yes, through Venture X we both have PP membership, so at Stephanies he used his card and I used my card for myself and my sister. Our bill was $82 which was completely covered by our PP allowance. We tipped in cash.

You can definitely send him a support(the Disboards don’t like the R word ) link for a CSR once you get one ….I’d probably go that route to reset the 48 month window.
If it says his $300 travel credit reset after his statement in December…that would be after 12/20…if he’s downgrading after using it then, Chase will still reimburse part of the annual fee

I thought there wasn't "support" for the CSR, only the CSP? Did that change or am I just wrong on that? Or can you only refer from CSR to CSR?

Maybe it's just moms can be crazy. I love my mom but she drives me crazy.
Traveling with her is a huge nope. We took her to WDW 10 years ago, worst vacation ever but she doesn't remember all the problems. She's on oxygen which I had to arrange for the plane and have delivered to our resort along with a scooter. We get to resort, decide to have lunch at Contemporary and by the end of lunch she already lost the key to the scooter. 🤦‍♀️ She doesn't recall any issues, including my husband having to push the scooter when it broke down and her, being pushed thru the airport in a wheelchair, telling me to run get her some water while I limp along, having recently had knee surgery, dragging my suitcase and 4 yo DS. 🤣
Definitely a mom thing, at least in my case too! Cannot travel with my mom, and cannot be with her for more than a few hours at a time or I'll simply go nuts, LOL. When we have vacationed with her in the past, it was the same story, worst time of our lives because of all the stuff she pulled, but she "had a blast", "best vacation ever" and doesn't remember causing any issues at all, hahaha.

In CIC news, I got a "Congrats on your new Chase Ink Cash" email, thought it was for the one I was approved for on Thursday (and received yesterday) but no, it's for the one I got in January :oops:

Question on credit limits. Now that the Ink referral links have updated, I think I want to go ahead and apply, but now I'm wondering if I should decrease my limits first. I'm currently at 28% of household income, and less than $50k. I'm wondering if I should decrease my limits on two of my personal cards by a total of $9k. What do you think? My last biz card I was approved for a $5k limit. Thanks for any input!

Question on credit limits. Now that the Ink referral links have updated, I think I want to go ahead and apply, but now I'm wondering if I should decrease my limits first. I'm currently at 28% of household income, and less than $50k. I'm wondering if I should decrease my limits on two of my personal cards by a total of $9k. What do you think? My last biz card I was approved for a $5k limit. Thanks for any input!
I think you are fine, Chase doesn’t seem to give high limits on business cards and since you already have some you can transfer to the new card once approved

Yeah, same as above, I think you're fine based on my recent experience. I was at almost 40% of household income with Chase, and got instant approval on the CIC last week with CL of $4K.

Do Chase UR’s transfer immediately to United? My DD wants a last minute trip to Hawaii and using points is the only way she can afford it lol
And I can book her and her BF though my united account correct???

They should. Did a couple weeks ago when I did it. But I'm sure somewhere there's fine print on how long it could take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter