I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To make sure I understand this...
I pick a charge (I just made two Chewy charges of $50)
I send a split request to my dd through Venmo, for $15.
She does that, (which I then give her back LOL), and I get $5?

If that is all correct...
can I split with the same person more than once?
does it matter if I had an Amex offer for the Chewy charge?

I think so! I just requested from DH but he hasn't done it yet. There's 2 options for how you get paid back, you'll need to pick the statement credit option.

I did it on a charge that had an Amex offer. I would think it's ok, my reasoning being just because you get a discount doesn't mean you can't get paid back. I would be hesitant if it resulted in Amex crediting back more than you spent since they haven't liked that in the past. For example, I wouldn't do it on my streaming charge, which is entirely credited back with the plat streaming credit.

I don't know if you can split the same charge more than once. I don't see an issue with splitting different charges with the same person. That's what I plan to do.

Costco extended its Spend $3000, get $500 Costco Cash card promotion through Thursday, Oct. 20. (this works out to be 16.7% back on exactly $3000). The $3000 has to be before taxes/shipping, and after any discounts are applied. I got new tires, a new computer, router, iPad, and some other things. Put it on my BoA Customized Cash for the 5.25% cash back (Preferred Plat Honors tier) on online shopping.

Costco extended its Spend $3000, get $500 Costco Cash card promotion through Thursday, Oct. 20. (this works out to be 16.7% back on exactly $3000). The $3000 has to be before taxes/shipping, and after any discounts are applied. I got new tires, a new computer, router, iPad, and some other things. Put it on my BoA Customized Cash for the 5.25% cash back (Preferred Plat Honors tier) on online shopping.
Gosh now I wish I needed $3000 worth of stuff at Costco!

Sure! :) It's just a way for them to get you to try it out. I certainly wouldn't have without the offer.

I just... I feel like usually there are more hoops: I have to change something to their card and then remember to change it back later, I have to start a subscription and remember to cancel, etc. This one was too easy.

To make sure I understand this...
I pick a charge (I just made two Chewy charges of $50)
I send a split request to my dd through Venmo, for $15.
She does that, (which I then give her back LOL), and I get $5?

If that is all correct...
can I split with the same person more than once?
does it matter if I had an Amex offer for the Chewy charge?
So, when I activated, I got a step-by-step email for how to use it. I think the only thing missing from your steps above is that you have to select that you want the funds to come back to your AmEx statement (as opposed to your Venmo balance).

I haven't actually gotten the credit yet, but I have all of the emails that it's pending and that I will see the credit within 5-7 business days.

I don't see anything in the fine print about having to split with different users, either.

yup! I tried hitting 0, entering 000000000000000000 as the card number. I tried #, I tried *. NOTHING gets you to a human. And when I enter the legit card number they say "this is an inactive card, good bye"

That sucks. And when it's not voice activated swearing at the phone doesn't help either :rotfl2:

With everything going on lately are you sure it wasn't on the mail and you missed opening it? I did that once with my car tabs and I didn't have anything going on. Envelope didn't have a return address so I thought it was junk and didn't open it. Finally had them send new one's. Couple months later I finally went through my junk mail to shred and found the tabs. In my defense WA has a return address and NC didn't, weird.

That sucks. And when it's not voice activated swearing at the phone doesn't help either :rotfl2:

With everything going on lately are you sure it wasn't on the mail and you missed opening it? I did that once with my car tabs and I didn't have anything going on. Envelope didn't have a return address so I thought it was junk and didn't open it. Finally had them send new one's. Couple months later I finally went through my junk mail to shred and found the tabs. In my defense WA has a return address and NC didn't, weird.

Nope. I haven't seen anything come in the mail. I do open almost everything these days because my dad used my address for random things.

I have an Amex Best Western offer for $30 off $100 and a C1 offer for 12% back at BW.

When I get to the hotel tomorrow I plan to ask them to put $100 of the charge on the Amex and the remainder on the C1. Anyone think this will work to get both offers to credit?

Nope. I haven't seen anything come in the mail. I do open almost everything these days because my dad used my address for random things.

My only other thought since other numbers haven't helped. I would think the manager at Staples, or wherever you got the card from, would have a phone number or email. They've got to have a way to contact them as well. Call and see if the manager can get you contact info. Worst case maybe you have to call a couple lf stores before someone can help, they don't need to know you didn't buy the card at their location.

Or see if you can find someone on LinkedIn.

No, but there are support links now for a CSR cardholder to support. If the CSP cardholder has had their card for a year, is it worth it to upgrade to support another person to the CSR?
I started with a CSP in July 2019, PCed it to a CSR in 2021, then PCed it back to a CSP this year. Can I PC it back or is it too soon?

Thanks. I didn’t think so. By the way, read your pre-trip to DLP. Was just there last month. I think I enjoy it a lot more than WDW these days!
I'm so excited, we leave in 30 days. I'm so happy you enjoyed it more than WDW, everything I read is that the magic is missing at WDW. Any tips?

I'm still pretty new here so forgive me if I'm oversharing here or asking in the wrong place. I'm looking for some advice on a potential new card for my family. Short version of the story -my idea is that it would be mainly to try to eek out some cashback or points for A) theme park tickets (we intend to go 2 of every 3 years or so) and B) DVC annual dues (new members as of April 2020). ...Unless there's just another card better for a variety of other things too or with a generous enough signup bonus to be worth the effort. I have considered buying Disney gift cards with my Target Redcard for the 5% discount but wasn't sure if there was something easier/better.

I have different cards good for the majority of our regular monthly purchases.
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly
    • groceries - $450 on TARGET REDCARD at 5% discount
    • gas+Costco purchases = $450 per month on CITI COSTCO at 4% cashback
    • car insurance = $122 per month but don't think they take credit cards
    • streaming = $75 per month most at 5% cashback category on USB CASH+, unless promotion on AMEX DELTA
    • internet = $75/mth (not sure if they take credit cards)
    • other expenses -
      • $600 fast food and restaurants. Fast food via 5% cashback category on USB Cash+ or restaurants at 4% cashback always on USB Altitude (too much eating out but that's a longer story)
      • $100-200 on Amazon at 5% cashback rewards via CHASE AMAZON.
  • I pay off cards in full.
  • I fly out of MSP
  • Prefer Delta Skymiles
  • SOUTHWEST Airline services my airport but only on a limited basis (not a hub for them)
  • No Hotel Rewards program preference
  • I currently have ~60k miles with Delta.
  • Churning goals: see above
  • I plan WDW trips generally two of every three years.
  • Travel party is wife (middle age like me) and two not-very-adventurous teenagers
  • I get a work bonus every March that represents about 10-20% of my salary (only thing that keeps me from griping about otherwise feeling underpaid for my job).
  • Wife sells Mary Kay on a VERY limited basis so she could maybe qualify for business type credit cards?
10/20 - USBANK Altitude
01/21 - CAP1 Menards Store Card
06/21 - APPLE Apple Mastercard
07/21- TARGET Target Visa
09/21 - SYNCHRONY Warners Stellian Store Card
11/21 - Maurices Store Card
06/22 - USBANK Cash+ Visa

I think you can try, say that you miss the CSR benefits, but will you benefit from having 2 CSRs? I would only try to PC it back to a CSR if you plan to keep it for a year.
I would send a support to a friend who is just entering the credit card points. She has lots of Marriott points and a CF but not much else.

I'm still pretty new here so forgive me if I'm oversharing here or asking in the wrong place. I'm looking for some advice on a potential new card for my family. Short version of the story -my idea is that it would be mainly to try to eek out some cashback or points for A) theme park tickets (we intend to go 2 of every 3 years or so) and B) DVC annual dues (new members as of April 2020). ...Unless there's just another card better for a variety of other things too or with a generous enough signup bonus to be worth the effort. I have considered buying Disney gift cards with my Target Redcard for the 5% discount but wasn't sure if there was something easier/better.

I have different cards good for the majority of our regular monthly purchases.
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly
    • groceries - $450 on TARGET REDCARD at 5% discount
    • gas+Costco purchases = $450 per month on CITI COSTCO at 4% cashback
    • car insurance = $122 per month but don't think they take credit cards
    • streaming = $75 per month most at 5% cashback category on USB CASH+, unless promotion on AMEX DELTA
    • internet = $75/mth (not sure if they take credit cards)
    • other expenses -
      • $600 fast food and restaurants. Fast food via 5% cashback category on USB Cash+ or restaurants at 4% cashback always on USB Altitude (too much eating out but that's a longer story)
      • $100-200 on Amazon at 5% cashback rewards via CHASE AMAZON.
  • I pay off cards in full.
  • I fly out of MSP
  • Prefer Delta Skymiles
  • SOUTHWEST Airline services my airport but only on a limited basis (not a hub for them)
  • No Hotel Rewards program preference
  • I currently have ~60k miles with Delta.
  • Churning goals: see above
  • I plan WDW trips generally two of every three years.
  • Travel party is wife (middle age like me) and two not-very-adventurous teenagers
  • I get a work bonus every March that represents about 10-20% of my salary (only thing that keeps me from griping about otherwise feeling underpaid for my job).
  • Wife sells Mary Kay on a VERY limited basis so she could maybe qualify for business type credit cards?
10/20 - USBANK Altitude
01/21 - CAP1 Menards Store Card
06/21 - APPLE Apple Mastercard
07/21- TARGET Target Visa
09/21 - SYNCHRONY Warners Stellian Store Card
11/21 - Maurices Store Card
06/22 - USBANK Cash+ Visa
what amex delta do you have?
and i guess you have amazon also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter