I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the status line doesn't always work for biz but have you tried it?

If you have any chase logins have you checked your documents? They will sometimes put letters there and not notify you of it.

If you aren't afraid of any potential questions I would just call and talk with someone. Recon isn't open on the weekend but maybe a reg csr can at least let you know status.
Thanks, I did look and it only had the original letter about calling to confirm identity. Under the "application status" tab it just had a note that not all applications may show up here...which, of course, it didn't.
At this point I’d call and see if you can get any updates, this long does not seem normal to me…who know they may have sent you something that was lost in the mail

Try this number to check the status application.
800-453-9719
Thanks, my husband did call. That's the sticky part about being the main driver in this hobby but applying in P2's name...he had to call. I coached him as best as I could and had him read some info, but the result was very unsatisfying. They apologized for the long time and said it would be two more weeks before they decided and they could not expedite it.
Immediately, we got an email thanking us for applying for a Chase business card and they would let us know within 30 days. Exactly the same email we got when we first applied. It's like starting all over again. Very frustrating. My husband doesn't see any point in a Recon call because it's not a rejection.

Interesting- thank you!

As a side note... an appointment in Tucson (about 90 minutes from me) just opened for next week so I guess I will do that one!
My DD’s original appointment was in Nogales because Sky Harbor wasn’t even an option at the time. Fortunately through some diligent checking I was able to schedule at Sky Harbor. The advice about trying to do your interview when you come back from Canada is great.

I
Thanks, I did look and it only had the original letter about calling to confirm identity. Under the "application status" tab it just had a note that not all applications may show up here...which, of course, it didn't.

Thanks, my husband did call. That's the sticky part about being the main driver in this hobby but applying in P2's name...he had to call. I coached him as best as I could and had him read some info, but the result was very unsatisfying. They apologized for the long time and said it would be two more weeks before they decided and they could not expedite it.
Immediately, we got an email thanking us for applying for a Chase business card and they would let us know within 30 days. Exactly the same email we got when we first applied. It's like starting all over again. Very frustrating. My husband doesn't see any point in a Recon call because it's not a rejection.
Maybe now that he’s called it will get the ball rolling on his approval. As long as he wasn’t outright denied I would stay positive. You may be surprised and see the approval sooner than you think.

Immediately, we got an email thanking us for applying for a Chase business card and they would let us know within 30 days. Exactly the same email we got when we first applied. It's like starting all over again. Very frustrating. My husband doesn't see any point in a Recon call because it's not a rejection
It seems like maybe it got stuck in no mans land. Maybe your call pushed it a bit, back into a more regular process. That said, if it's your (his) first business app, the only way you find out if you're approved is the card arriving in the mail, or calling the status line. Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks for sharing this. That's a good CapOne offer that I will probably use on London day trips. I'm not familiar with Paypal coupons. Is that a general use coupon or targeted to specific people? And how do you stack it with CapOne offer?

I use PayPal a lot and I just get pushed offers via the app. If you log into the PP app, you should see offers.

For those interested in the 5% off virtual visa deal at giftcards.com (code EOS5), Rakuten has 3% cash back at giftcards.com today.

Hi everyone. Newbie here. My DH and I are contemplating buying DVC direct. We have cash to cover all but $9000 of the cost, which we will have in the next couple of months.

1. I’d like to get a card with 0% interest to cover the 9000. Will pay off by end of year.
  2. I’m thinking of applying for the CSP to cover the rest (and maybe have DH apply for one also to maximize points.) Can pay off immediately.
  3. Does the disney card make sense for 0%? Will they even do 0% for DVC purchase? If not, any recs?
  4. Does the order in which I apply matter?
  5. Am I missing anything else?
Thanks for thoughts. This is new to me. Info about us below.

Answering questions from stickie #2:

We have not applied for any credit cards in the last 24 months. We have one card we have used for the last 5 years or longer, through our credit union. We both have excellent credit.

We do not spend a lot monthly on a card. Mostly use it for big expenses, unusual purchases, and expenses.

We pay off our credit card each month. Fly out of Philadelphia. Mostly fly American, Spirit and Frontier. SW isn’t a great choice for us.

As far as goals, I’d love to offset travel costs in any way, like using points for plane tickets.

We travel to Orlando usually once a year in Feb (sometimes more often) and most years fly somewhere else as well. Plan to fly to Mexico City in 2023, probably summer. Want to get out to Disneyland in the next year or two or three also.

Our travel party is two adults and two kids - age 11 and 3.

Something similar happened to my P2 in May. Had to call in 3x for identity verification. It was his second or third card for his business but for some reason, it just took forever. He would call in, told everything was clear and and then get another letter in a week or 2 for identity verification.

Hard drive on my laptop has died. It's not even that old but I think stuff has improved enough and it's driven me nuts enough since I got it that I'll just take advantage of back to school sales and buy a new one.

Still letting it run through things but it's shown screens I've never seen and made noises I've never heard before. Feel like it's worse than the blue screen of death cause it makes attempts to fix it. Really just want to throw it across the room.

All I wanted to do was use excel and download some podcasts for my ipod. Had a windows update so I did it first and when it was done excel and word were both completely gone. Trying to sort it out and chrome wouldn't work and then the whole thing froze.

Think I'll actually stray from Dell, between this and the nonsense I've had to deal with my work laptops it's time for a change. Found an HP I can get today at best buy.

Hard drive on my laptop has died. It's not even that old but I think stuff has improved enough and it's driven me nuts enough since I got it that I'll just take advantage of back to school sales and buy a new one.

Still letting it run through things but it's shown screens I've never seen and made noises I've never heard before. Feel like it's worse than the blue screen of death cause it makes attempts to fix it. Really just want to throw it across the room.

All I wanted to do was use excel and download some podcasts for my ipod. Had a windows update so I did it first and when it was done excel and word were both completely gone. Trying to sort it out and chrome wouldn't work and then the whole thing froze.

Think I'll actually stray from Dell, between this and the nonsense I've had to deal with my work laptops it's time for a change. Found an HP I can get today at best buy.
which laptop model? older laptop's drive can be swapped out. ultrabooks arent though. but those hard drives tend to last a lot longer than the older ones...

which laptop model? older laptop's drive can be swapped out. ultrabooks arent though. but those hard drives tend to last a lot longer than the older ones...

It's a Dell something. It could be but I no longer have a guy and don't want to deal with finding a new place. It has an i3 and has driven me nuts pretty much since I got it. I never would have bought it and found out after I actually had a larger budget to work with which didn't help.

Also realized on the way to pick the new one up that slamming my hand on the keyboard a few times Fri probably didn't help things. I've had hds and stuff replaced on older one's and they worked great after but I'm ok with this purchase.

Now if my pics aren't backed up like I think they are then I'll look for a place to take it. Otherwise it can just be recycled. Currently waiting for thr battery to die because it's been stuck in the loading/trying to fix for over 2 hours.

i have a travel promo on a Citi card this quarter. Any idea what at WDW codes as as travel? Hoping to use it for AP renewals. Thanks for the help!

The fine prints says:
Travel purchases are transactions made at hotels, rental cars, airfare, limousines, taxicabs and travel agencies.
Merchants must submit charges under the appropriate merchant category code (“MCC”) or industry code to be an eligible purchase under this offer.

Hi all, need some advice for an upcoming trip to CA.

Thanks to this thread I have applied for 3 cards in the past 24 months - CSR, SW, and Chase Freedom Unlimited and (drum roll please) was able to use $1200 cash for May 2022 WDW stay and now have almost 170k combined points to transfer to SW and pay for all our CA flights.

My question is about the best way to cover some additional CA costs. We are flying from BWI to Sacramento on SW, renting a car, and plan to stay at a hotel for 2 nights in Fairfield; flying Sacramento to Orange County and doing a 2 night Disneyland Hotel stay/ trip to parks; and then 4 nights at LA Airbnb with family, splitting accommodations.

I am thinking best bang for my buck would be IHG credit card; I can easily reach minimum spend and could get two nights at Staybridge Suites Fairfield for free, and potentially drive to BWI night before our flight and stay for free then as well. However, I am concerned about any issues getting another card after just opening two in the past 3 months (SW and Chase Freedom).

I’m also getting antsy and wanting to book the Fairfield CA hotel. Trip is for first week of May 2023; assuming I get the IHG card, meet minimum spend by November, and then book the room - I’m concerned there won’t be any nights remaining. Does anyone know if hotels will allow you to book via the cash rate and then instead pay with points? I’d feel more comfortable making the reservation now, but obviously don’t have the points.

Thanks for any guidance!

Thanks to this thread I have applied for 3 cards in the past 24 months - CSR, SW, and Chase Freedom Unlimited and (drum roll please) was able to use $1200 cash for May 2022 WDW stay and now have almost 170k combined points to transfer to SW and pay for all our CA flights.

My question is about the best way to cover some additional CA costs. We are flying from BWI to Sacramento on SW, renting a car, and plan to stay at a hotel for 2 nights in Fairfield; flying Sacramento to Orange County and doing a 2 night Disneyland Hotel stay/ trip to parks; and then 4 nights at LA Airbnb with family, splitting accommodations.

I am thinking best bang for my buck would be IHG credit card; I can easily reach minimum spend and could get two nights at Staybridge Suites Fairfield for free, and potentially drive to BWI night before our flight and stay for free then as well. However, I am concerned about any issues getting another card after just opening two in the past 3 months (SW and Chase Freedom).

I’m also getting antsy and wanting to book the Fairfield CA hotel. Trip is for first week of May 2023; assuming I get the IHG card, meet minimum spend by November, and then book the room - I’m concerned there won’t be any nights remaining. Does anyone know if hotels will allow you to book via the cash rate and then instead pay with points? I’d feel more comfortable making the reservation now, but obviously don’t have the points.

Thanks for any guidance!
Fellow BWI flyer here, I actually prefer the Hyatt Place for our pre-flight hotel stays. It is only 5k points and you can transfer URs to Hyatt. We live an hour from the airport so we do a lot of overnight stays with early flights.

You can use Pay Yourself Back on the CSR for your AirBnB stay.

Thanks for any guidance!
Congrats on finding this hobby and making great use of it!

The recommended velocity for Chase is 1 card every 3 months, so if you have already opened two in the past three months, it wouldn't be recommended to open another Chase card right now. Chase is an important player for many people, so you definitely don't want to end up on the naughty list. Do you have a P2 who could alternate opening cards with you?

Unfortunatey, you can't book via cash and then switch to points with most programs. A room has to be available on points at the time of booking. What I often do with IHG though is purchase points when they are running a points promotion with a 100% bonus, which ends up $.005 per point. I would do the math and see if it makes sense to purchase points vs the cash rate.

FWIW, the current IHG promotion is a good one. 140k points + FNC. Perhaps if you do have a P2 you could take advantage of this good SUB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter