I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's perfect. I'm going to have them either try the transfer, or book a flight with miles and cancel it if they're willing to go that route since that would be free (once you're refunded).

Sounds like you have a solution already, but if you need another backup. Currently there's an AA promotion with donations to stand up to cancer. For each dollar donated, you get 25 miles (50 if you have an AA card). That's a quick, cheap way to earn miles. Minimum donation is $1.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...50-miles-per-1-donated-to-stand-up-to-cancer/

Not sure if it's been reported here but Bank of America Alaska Airlines Business card is at an elevated offer of 70,000 miles as of today. Just got approved for my 2nd one.
Do you have an existing account with them? I can never get approved through BofA. Got denied for this card around March and the elevated SUB for custom cash last year I think. I don't have any accounts / relationship, wondering if that'll help.

I wish this was a good option, but the only online shopping they do is through Amazon, and then mainly in person at local small businesses. Would next best option be just to purchase points on each account?
There's also the AAdvantage Dining program, where you eat at a participating restaurant and earn miles. It does rely heavily on geographical location so depending on where they live or travel to, it could help. If you're new to the program, you get 1000 miles for spending $25 on a restaurant in the first 30 days.
https://www.aadvantagedining.com

*** Amex? I had been in pop up hell for 1.5 years. In March I was finally approved for the Hilton Honors card (free), so I thought I was finally out of jail. I decided when my Delta Gold Biz was up for renewal in May to cancel when they didn't really offer me anything good to keep it. I have 2 Hilton cards (free and surpass) and the Everyday Preferred. I spend on all of them at least $100/mo. Right now I'm doing a MSR for the AU card on my son (Surpass), so I'm spending even more. I don't sock drawer my cards. And I always hit the $15k FNC on the surpass.

I just tried for the Amex Delta Plat Biz card. I opened the gold delta biz in 4/2019. I closed it in 5/2022! So why am I being denied the SUB on the Delta Plat Biz????

Open Amex Cards ....

Hilton Honors - 3/2022 (spend at least $100/mo)
Hilton Surpass - 10/2017 (spend at least $15k/yr)
Amex Everyday - open 1/19 upgraded 3/21 (spend at least $100/mo)

Closed Cards
Delta Gold Biz- Open 4/2019, closed 5/2022
Hilton Biz - Open 10/19 closed 11/20
Hilton Aspire - Open 12/18, closed 1/20
Delta Gold - Open 11/17, closed I think 4/19 to get the Biz card they closed it.
Starwoods - closed when they merged to Bonvoy, had at least 5 years.

I know the 2 Hilton cards were just after the year mark, so I figured that's why I was put into Amex jail. But when I got approved for the Hilton Honors card in March I thought Amex was finally happy with me. I debated closing the Delta Gold Biz for free I'd be locked out of the Delta Plat Biz like this. I've been an Amex card holder since 95. So why can't I get a SUB? What can I do to get them to love me? I was going to jump on the elevated offer. I have been holding off on the MDD w/ Chase because of the Amex spend, but I guess I can seriously start to look at that. I was going to pay for the kid's braces w/ the Delta MSR.

@becauseimnew
Forgot to unfreeze DH’s Experian for Chase app. I remember you doing this as well. Should he just call the number on the back of 1 of his other Ink cards? Thank you!

This is totally off topic (except the Kabbage offer is part of this) but I had mail informed delivery for Monday (I don't get the mail everyday) that was again in my informed delivery today. 5 pieces, and none of it has been delivered either Monday or today? How the heck would it get rescanned? Very weird.

I went for that too and got instant approval. First BoA card. Have an old personal checking account. Do you know if the new card will appear in my online account (guessing not)?

They do appear if you already have a cc login whether it's biz or personal. I think the cc was in with the bank account when I had both. Been so long I can't remember. Wouldn't do biz with them if it wasn't for AS cards.

Sounds like you have a solution already, but if you need another backup. Currently there's an AA promotion with donations to stand up to cancer. For each dollar donated, you get 25 miles (50 if you have an AA card). That's a quick, cheap way to earn miles. Minimum donation is $1.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...50-miles-per-1-donated-to-stand-up-to-cancer/

Currently unknown how long it'll take for those miles to post so it could be a problem depending on how close their expiration date is.

@becauseimnew
Forgot to unfreeze DH’s Experian for Chase app. I remember you doing this as well. Should he just call the number on the back of 1 of his other Ink cards? Thank you!

Yes, unfreeze and call. Say it was frozen and ask to have it run again.

This is totally off topic (except the Kabbage offer is part of this) but I had mail informed delivery for Monday (I don't get the mail everyday) that was again in my informed delivery today. 5 pieces, and none of it has been delivered either Monday or today? How the heck would it get rescanned? Very weird.

I've had mail get scanned again. I think when you don't get it the first time and it gets scanned again it never left distribution for your actual post office. It's weird/frustrating.

They do appear if you already have a cc login whether it's biz or personal. I think the cc was in with the bank account when I had both. Been so long I can't remember. Wouldn't do biz with them if it wasn't for AS cards.

Cool, thanks! I don't see it yet, but I'll keep checking.

Currently unknown how long it'll take for those miles to post so it could be a problem depending on how close their expiration date is.
It's a pretty good option, but yeah, this was a panic (oh hey, our points expire on friday) type situation. *face palm*

But if that's the only way to keep the miles alive and they both have enough it makes sense for them to not let them expire, then buying the smallest amount would work.
i totally didnt read the entire thing. haha. my bad.

Looking for flight change advice. I booked with Avios points on Iberia (British Airways metal) from London to Philadelphia on Oct. 28.
We are thinking of extending our stay another day and I can get a BA flight on the 29th for about the same points and fees.

I prefer to use the Avios from my original booking but I remember @LilSweetPeaPhoto having a terrible time getting Avios refunded. Any suggestions on how to cancel an Iberia flight and book a BA flight with those Avios?

**edited: I've been out of town with no real internet for five days (kind of nice) so I haven't been up to date. Just got caught up here and see that Avios saga with BA is still ongoing..

Last edited:
Do you have an existing account with them? I can never get approved through BofA. Got denied for this card around March and the elevated SUB for custom cash last year I think. I don't have any accounts / relationship, wondering if that'll help.

Do you have 3 or more new cards in the last 12 months on your credit report? BoA has a soft 3/12 rule if you don't have a deposit account with them.

Do the miles expire at some point if you cancel the card?

Your Alaska miles account becomes deactivated after 2 years with no activity. Within 1 year after it becomes deactivated, you can reactivate and reinstate the miles for free.

Looking for flight change advice. I booked with Avios points on Iberia (British Airways metal) from London to Philadelphia on Oct. 28.
We are thinking of extending our stay another day and I can get a BA flight on the 29th for about the same points and fees.

I prefer to use the Avios from my original booking but I remember @LilSweetPeaPhoto having a terrible time getting Avios refunded. Any suggestions on how to cancel an Iberia flight and book a BA flight with those Avios?

**edited: I've been out of town with no real internet for five days (kind of nice) so I haven't been up to date. Just got caught up here and see that Avios saga with BA is still ongoing..

If Iberia is selling the BA flight, I would think you should be able to just change your flight to the one you prefer, or cancel the flight and rebook the one you prefer.
If BA is selling the flight, then I think you would need to cancel the Iberia flight and then transfer your Iberia avios to BA. I think there might be some rule about having both accounts open for 90 days, so look into that first if you don't meet that criteria.

Here's an article I found. It sounds like Iberia cancellations can be time consuming and the points returns might take a few days.

*** Amex? I had been in pop up hell for 1.5 years. In March I was finally approved for the Hilton Honors card (free), so I thought I was finally out of jail. I decided when my Delta Gold Biz was up for renewal in May to cancel when they didn't really offer me anything good to keep it. I have 2 Hilton cards (free and surpass) and the Everyday Preferred. I spend on all of them at least $100/mo. Right now I'm doing a MSR for the AU card on my son (Surpass), so I'm spending even more. I don't sock drawer my cards. And I always hit the $15k FNC on the surpass.

I just tried for the Amex Delta Plat Biz card. I opened the gold delta biz in 4/2019. I closed it in 5/2022! So why am I being denied the SUB on the Delta Plat Biz????

Open Amex Cards ....

Hilton Honors - 3/2022 (spend at least $100/mo)
Hilton Surpass - 10/2017 (spend at least $15k/yr)
Amex Everyday - open 1/19 upgraded 3/21 (spend at least $100/mo)

Closed Cards
Delta Gold Biz- Open 4/2019, closed 5/2022
Hilton Biz - Open 10/19 closed 11/20
Hilton Aspire - Open 12/18, closed 1/20
Delta Gold - Open 11/17, closed I think 4/19 to get the Biz card they closed it.
Starwoods - closed when they merged to Bonvoy, had at least 5 years.

I know the 2 Hilton cards were just after the year mark, so I figured that's why I was put into Amex jail. But when I got approved for the Hilton Honors card in March I thought Amex was finally happy with me. I debated closing the Delta Gold Biz for free I'd be locked out of the Delta Plat Biz like this. I've been an Amex card holder since 95. So why can't I get a SUB? What can I do to get them to love me? I was going to jump on the elevated offer. I have been holding off on the MDD w/ Chase because of the Amex spend, but I guess I can seriously start to look at that. I was going to pay for the kid's braces w/ the Delta MSR.

It seems to me you got put in jail, but after doing some time, they released you on probation. It seems you became a repeat offender when you closed that Delta Gold Biz card just two months after they put you on probation. 😁 If it feels better, I think be doing my first stint soon, as I recently closed a few Amex cards.

Also our trip was amazing! If anyone is interested in any info on Greece - let me know!

So glad you had a wonderful trip! We will be in Athens for about 6 hours (on a cruise) next summer (if nothing happens to make us cancel) and I am booking a private tour. We'd like the go to the Acropolis, but I'm not sure about the rest of the day. If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them. We have 2 other Greek ports on the itinerary but I think I know what I want to do there.

I am so sorry. I hope they can figure this out. I too was planning on transferring BA Avios to Aer Lingus if Japan doesn't work out, but now I don't think I'll do that.

Try calling them. Several years ago I called the BA line and they were so nice and helpful. They were willing to hold the flight for me while we transferred the points and everything. It cost $25 to do it on the phone vs online but the peace of mind was priceless. Just did it again last month and they were just as nice and helpful as the first time.

See above. Call them and see if they can help you. They are really friendly and very competent on the phone (or at least the few I've spoken with have been).

It seems to me you got put in jail, but after doing some time, they released you on probation. It seems you became a repeat offender when you closed that Delta Gold Biz card just two months after they put you on probation. 😁 If it feels better, I think be doing my first stint soon, as I recently closed a few Amex cards.

Trying to figure out my move if I don't get a retention on my gold later this month. I have a feeling it could put me in pop up so I need to figure out what to go for, preferably biz. Know it's not much, but would work for now, if that biz green offer is still around.

I

i always call the reconsideration line.
800-453-9719
If he calls this number will they ask him questions about his business?

ETA: DH called the number and the back of his Ink card and the CSR said there was no application pending and to go ahead and apply again. Part of me knew this wasn’t right, but I went ahead and submitted another application. Well guess what, instant denial! Of course, because he already applied earlier today. I called back and spoke to a CSR myself this time, and she said to call reconsideration because now he has 1 pending application and 1 denial. He’s now afraid to call recon because he’s afraid they’re going to grill him about his business. Which he doesn’t want to deal with. Big sigh…so frustrated with myself right now. I may just let the app go. How long until he can apply again, 30 days?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter