I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting ready to have some exterior house work done so we can sell when DS graduates in a couple of years. Of course, I asked if he accepted credit cards since we are talking $20k+. Of course, for a fee.

DLR mostly booked for Nov now that their Christmas dates are out.

Now I just need to cancel japan since it's not going to happen in a few weeks.
I’m so sorry about Japan. Do you think you’ll rebook for next year?

I’m so sorry about Japan. Do you think you’ll rebook for next year?

Third times the charm right? I will but I'll look to use my dl miles instead of VS via ANA. The fuel charges are insane and I think it'll be hard to find biz with the delay and so many wanting to go/use actual ANA points. I'd do sider transferring mr to ANA but then I still have the crazy fuel.

Now that VS doesn't expire I'll use them for a paris/London trip or for dl domestic since my balance is so low.

Thankfully my work let's us roll our vacation and doesn't force us to use it until we hit 200 hours. I accrue 3 weeks now but am far enough from 200 and will use 10 days between now and next April that I'll still have enough but shouldn't hit 200. Now if I can't go next year...

I flew twice last week on two airlines and dd did also two weeks prior and we had no issues on any of our flights. All on time. Very relieved.

It's like anything else, the people with problems are always going to be more vocal than those that don't. Not denying that it's still bad and happening but you'll see 20 delayed/cancelled posts for every my flight/the fa's/whatever was great/non eventful.

It's like anything else, the people with problems are always going to be more vocal than those that don't. Not denying that it's still bad and happening but you'll see 20 delayed/cancelled posts for every my flight/the fa's/whatever was great/non eventful.
This is so true. My work is all about the customer experience and listening to the “Voice of the Customer” (our feedback mechanism) that represents .01% of the work we do. It’s just crazy.

Can someone remind me....did I miss something here about a Disney+ deal...was it a chase offer? thanks

Calgary is a small airport, so 1h19m should be fine. You will (or should) clear customs in Saskatoon -- in Calgary you will be transiting from one gate to another. Saskatoon is a very small airport so I'd say the chances of you getting pulled for random COVID testing are very, very slim.

I highly recommend Ayden Kitchen & Bar in Saskatoon (make reservations ahead of time). The owner was the winner of Top Chef Canada season 1. Service is amazing and the food is excellent. Also if you like chocolates Harden and Huyse is top notch.

Once you get to your hotel you should be able to walk everywhere that you want to go. Walking along the river is nice.
Thank you for this! I believe both of the conference hotels are on the river so that's good and I will look into Ayden Kitchen!

(And now I'm having anxiety about getting back in time (I have a personal event the day after I get back home) so I am thinking I'll do carryon only. The conference is only three days so I should be fine!)

I have to stop reading flyertalk forums. OMG! The airline industry is in meltdown. I'm just getting anxious about DDs flight home next month.
The stories coming out of Toronto Pearson are crazy. Yet when I flew last month my flight going to Ottawa left right on time and coming back the flight was delayed 20 mins. The Air Canada lounge was super busy, but this was due in large part to the Priority Pass lounge entrance being temporarily located on the other side of security (so you'd have to clear security after leaving the lounge and the security line was insanely long).

DH got an offer from Amex for a Kabbage Funding account.
EARN $200! HERE'S HOW:
1.Apply and get approved for a Kabbage Funding line of credit between 06/27/2022 and 09/30/2022 at 11:59pm ET.
2.After you are approved and you add and verify your Funding primary account on or before 09/30/2022, $200 will be deposited into the verified account.

This seems too easy, is there a catch? Has anyone done this?

DH got an offer from Amex for a Kabbage Funding account.
EARN $200! HERE'S HOW:
1.Apply and get approved for a Kabbage Funding line of credit between 06/27/2022 and 09/30/2022 at 11:59pm ET.
2.After you are approved and you add and verify your Funding primary account on or before 09/30/2022, $200 will be deposited into the verified account.

This seems too easy, is there a catch? Has anyone done this?
I can see that offer in my informed delivery today. I will be interested to read the details.

Trying to help my sister and BIL keeps their AA points alive (they expire this month). Do transfers extend the expiration date? I could have one of them transfer to the other if it would extend theirs both. Or would they both need to purchase points? They have no plans to use the points to travel right now. I know you can cancel award flights at the moment too… would that be a good option? Have them both book dummy flights and then cancel?

Trying to help my sister and BIL keeps their AA points alive (they expire this month). Do transfers extend the expiration date? I could have one of them transfer to the other if it would extend theirs both. Or would they both need to purchase points? They have no plans to use the points to travel right now. I know you can cancel award flights at the moment too… would that be a good option? Have them both book dummy flights and then cancel?
Will shopping through the AA portal allow them to extend their expiration?

I am beyond myself at this point. 7/22 I tried to transfer the 200k avios. I've basically called, tweeted, emailed, etc daily!!! At this point Avios and Aer Lingus have stated it's on BA to reissue the avios and they have sent proof nothing transferred, etc. Well BA keeps telling me they need 7 days to investigate it. It's been 2 weeks. Today they said they need another 7 DAYS!!!!
I'm shaking. I fear there will be NO flights available for this the dates we need. I asked Aer Lingus to hold the flight for me at this point, they can't. Today I asked to speak w/ a supervisor and was denied! At this point I have emailed the BA CEO, the Aer Lingus CEO, the "holding group" for Avios, and all their media contacts.

We have been planning this trip for 13 years! Not to mention my mom is coming. Her grandpa is from Ireland and she hopes to see where he's from. She also has battled breast cancer TWICE and beat it. Last year we found out her scans were clean! After being told this was stage 4 and she was going to have to live w/ it! So this trip is kinda HUGE! I'm seriously losing sleep over it all and my anxiety is through the roof. I am not checking availability as I don't want to completely lose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter