I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhhh ok! I’ve only been looking at Chase biz cards, duh! Does Amex scrutinize the biz apps? I sell on eBay, that’s it.
I just got an Amex BBP in December with my officiating income. Since it's a PG they aren't nearly as strict as some other CC companies. I have personal accounts on them, no HP on any of my reports.

Can you PC the Venture X to a no fee card? I don't think I'll keep it past the first year and I want to be able to keep my points alive.

So, I'm now in limbo about what do to w/ Mexico. LOL. My BF says I'm overthinking it. Last week we were supposed to go, but I had to cancel because of his dad's surgery. I moved to March 6-9 as he's still on vaca. Originally I had flights on Delta (miles). I cancelled those. When I looked last week the miles were low for the 6th and 9th. I don't know why I didn't book. He technically has a line check on his schedule for the 6th. So he told me not to plan anything. So I didn't rebook the Delta flights. Well now it's upon us.....I guess I figured I'd non-rev. But after the mess on Friday the BF is worried about me non-revving. I managed to book a delta flight for the return. The worry is, if we try to non-rev and don't get on, we lose the hotel points/FNC. I'm thinking of checking loads on Sat and then changing the reservation to M/T and booking Sunday when we get on the plane. Which means I'm hoping that there is still a room to book Sunday morning at 7am, if I'm cancelling Sat at 11:59pm, LOL. Should I be okay? Right now the resort is still showing standard rooms available. I did get kinda burned last week waiting to book. But in the end it did work out.

Hilton experts: If I book a room at the standard points rate, can I convert that to a free night certificate? I need one night in Vegas for this summer and the Waldorf has the rooms we would need but I would have to apply my husband for a Hilton card for the FNC sub. Thanks so much.
I think others have answered but a room has to be available for you to rebook it. I just earned the $8k FNC, and when I booked Mexico I asked if I could change the 80k night I had booked. They said I could but it would have to still be available. I can't swap mine over.

Dd is flying Spirit this week. Is the Motherlode Jr backpack an acceptable size for the carryon?
Resident Spirit guru here, LOL. Carry on, or free personal item? Personal item (e.g., purse, small backpack, etc.): Dimensions must not exceed 18 x 14 x 8 inches (45 x 35 x 20 cm) including handles and wheels.

It really depends on the gate agent you get. I watched the one last week forced 1/2 the flight to show her their personal items fit in the box at the gate. She busted like 5 people and they had to pay $70 at the gate. And FTR, gate agents outside of FLL are contract employees, not Spirit, LOL.

I'm considering booking Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort and Spa (Miramar Beach, FL) for April break with DH, DD14, DS13 and DS10. I've never been to that part of Florida.
Any feedback on the hotel? Other things to do in the area? How are the beaches?
Thanks!
I think Hollywood is close....The Diplomat was AMAZING. And the beach was nice too!

Spent the long weekend in Cabo for a getaway we planned just a few weeks ago. Just DH and I and our two youngest kids, 8 and 12. Last month I shared a trip report of my husband and I solo at the Waldorf Astoria Los Cabo Pedregal and we repeated the experience with the kids.

This resort is 120k per night, but doesn't have a room which sleeps 4 for standard award availability, so they told me to book the standard room and I could pay a $200/nt upgrade cost for 2 queen beds instead of a king. I was willing to do it because of their incredible service, the amazing grounds and location and the balcony plunge pool. Once booked, they were kind enough to waive the upgrade fee. The first night, our balcony plunge pool had a minor maintenance issue and because maintenance couldn't rectify it, they went above and beyond and upgraded us to a $3200 square foot Casita. Sleeps 10, 4 balconies, 4 baths, full kitchen, living and dining room, grassy area, sun loungers, outdoor dining and it's own infinity pool. Just absolutely, unbelievably ridiculous. We barely ever left our newfound paradise. Best upgrade I've ever gotten and will probably ever get. We were blown away and super grateful. Their new favorite activities are lounging in their kid sized robes and getting golf cart rides from bell services, like they are Uber.

View attachment 651506View attachment 651510
View attachment 651507View attachment 651508View attachment 651509

We did a private whale watching tour with Whale Watch Cabo and it was our best experience yet. They have marine biologists as their guides and are as responsible about whale watching as you can be. My kids learned a ton and we even saw a momma and her cow. The cow breached- it was so spectacular.

View attachment 651511
View attachment 651512
View attachment 651513
View attachment 651514

SW: 120k SW points + 2 CP + taxes
Hilton: 360k HH points, no resort or upgrade fees

You are making me rethink Cancun! I'd love to do Cabo, but I know it's more flight time. Amazing redemption! I thought mine last week was great, LOL.

A couple of DP:
DM'd AMEX to cancel DH's AMEX Gold Biz Card. ( I have one - don't need 2). They offered me a $225 Statement Credit to keep card. Annual fee is $99. So, $126 profit on that one.

Applied for Barclay Wyndham Biz on 2/3. I know there was talk of them being on Personal Accounts. Just checked Credit Karma and still not there. Not sure how long it would take. Fingers crossed it stays off...

A couple of DP:
DM'd AMEX to cancel DH's AMEX Gold Biz Card. ( I have one - don't need 2). They offered me a $225 Statement Credit to keep card. Annual fee is $99. So, $126 profit on that one.

Applied for Barclay Wyndham Biz on 2/3. I know there was talk of them being on Personal Accounts. Just checked Credit Karma and still not there. Not sure how long it would take. Fingers crossed it stays off...

The annual fee on the gold biz is $295. 😞

Saw DP that Barclays took off the biz cards from people's personal credit reports. So it looks okay for now.

The annual fee on the gold biz is $295. 😞

Saw DP that Barclays took off the biz cards from people's personal credit reports. So it looks okay for now.

The Gold Biz is $99. It is the Platinum that is $250. The $225 Credit was on there, then the $99 annual fee. I now have a credit of $126.

Good News on Barclay!!

Can you PC the Venture X to a no fee card? I don't think I'll keep it past the first year and I want to be able to keep my points alive.
Not sure about a PC, but I do know you can transfer miles from another Cap one card. I transferred almost 350,000 miles from my Spark business in January and canceled the biz card in February. I love the Venture x and have already used the Airbnb $200 credit. I love their travel booking site which alerts you when prices drop if you want. I think it has better features than the Chase travel booking site.

Well done! I also grabbed 4 nights at the Conrad Bora Bora and 3 nights at IHG Le Moana Bora Bora booked for next week. Oddly enough, I am hoping to cancel this trip tomorrow LOL I booked it as a back up trip in case our cruise tomorrow was cancelled. This is unlikely of course, but at the time we booked this backup trip, cruises were getting cancelled. Now I am holding on to it in case one of our traveling party, (there are 10 of us) tests positive at the port and we aren't able to board the ship. If that happens, I will figure out the flights and have some time to do that. Looking forward to hearing all about your trip! If I do get to board the Disney Wonder tomorrow and cancel Bora Bora, I will definitely be rebooking it for 2023 more than likely.

Have a great cruise!

Been thinking I need to get some IHG points, though probably too late for this trip. Will have to see what the SUB on the new biz card is like. I want to replenish URs though, they're all tied up in Hyatt res! Wish IHG wasn't with Chase because I find the velocity thing very constraining lol.

The Gold Biz is $99. It is the Platinum that is $250. The $225 Credit was on there, then the $99 annual fee. I now have a credit of $126.

Good News on Barclay!!

Just realized what I'm missing here. Was very perplexed! Are we talking about the Delta biz cards here?

Have a great cruise!

Been thinking I need to get some IHG points, though probably too late for this trip. Will have to see what the SUB on the new biz card is like. I want to replenish URs though, they're all tied up in Hyatt res! Wish IHG wasn't with Chase because I find the velocity thing very constraining lol.

If the redemption makes sense, it may be worth it to buy points. There's a mystery bonus right now of up to 100%- which makes points $0.005. If you have the IHG premier card or get the IHG biz card when it launches, you also get the fourth night free. Between buying points and fourth night free, that cuts the room rate in half.

If the redemption makes sense, it may be worth it to buy points. There's a mystery bonus right now of up to 100%- which makes points $0.005. If you have the IHG premier card or get the IHG biz card when it launches, you also get the fourth night free. Between buying points and fourth night free, that cuts the room rate in half.

That's a good point, thanks! There's no award availability right now, but I can keep an eye on it. I still need one night stays arrival and departure on Tahiti.

There's the new Hilton Hotel Tahiti that I can book with FNC. But their 2 Queen room only fits 3 (go fig 🙄). I e-mailed and there's no option to pay for the 4th person or cash upgrade in advance like the Conrad Bora Bora offers. On the fence about booking 2 rooms and using 2 FNCs for 1 night. Cash rate is $500, so it's not a bad use, but not as aspirational as I'd like. Your posts about the WA Los Cabos has me thinking when can I fit that in lol.

Final update to my DLR saga. Citibank came through and got my tickets refunded then purchased new ones. They came overnight, arrived today. Yippee.
Third ticket I was told to purchase new and send copy of old and new to DLR for refund. Still waiting on that but I now have 3 tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter