I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else get nervous when applying for a new card? I've never been denied but every single time I get nervous when I hit the submit application button. Anyway I was just approved for the Venture X. Looking forward to booking some travel in the upcoming year with my wife and taking advantage of those credits.

Always! I literally cross my fingers lol. A Cap1 app would make me doubly nervous!

Just got $595 credit, no spend on DH's biz plat yesterday. Statement closing 12/29, narrowly missing the fee increase on 1/13.

Won't be as lucky on his twin plats though, those AF post in Feb. Hopefully he can get the 55-60k, $4000 spend offers.
Apparently the retention department for business cards is open M-F 8a-5p EST, so I just missed it. I'll try tomorrow. Was your DH's the NAF from last year?

Just went and looked at this, do I have to do anything other than sign up and pay the $79? Right now, I'm at 116,000 points. It looks like I should have around 5,000 points posted on the 28th from my Southwest card. My DD is getting married at Disney's Vero Beach next October. Also thinking about putting more towards that deposit now instead of later to get me enough points before the end of the year.
Should be fine as long as you click through the rapid rewards portal and make the purchase. They say ad-blockers can interfere with tracking, but I've never had an issue.

If you've had it a year you can call to PC it to Ink Cash. It's immediate and the old card will work until you get a replacement card. That's unless you are using it to transfer to partners.
There's a Target offer for 10% back on Chase cards. The ones I got have limits of $7 or $9.

On Amex, see if you can find the Walmart offer for $10 back on $35.

You can also sign up for the 10x Paypal offer for the personal Bonvoy (sign-up ends tomorrow):
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...rchases-through-december-31-max-50000-points/
You can pay with Paypal on Walmart.com. I'm not sure yet if the Paypal offer stacks with the Amex Offer for Walmart. Waiting to see if the AO credits.

If you can get any of the myriad Amazon Shop with Points offers to work, you can buy grocery gift cards with that.
Thank you both!

Just got $595 credit, no spend on DH's biz plat yesterday. Statement closing 12/29, narrowly missing the fee increase on 1/13.

Won't be as lucky on his twin plats though, those AF post in Feb. Hopefully he can get the 55-60k, $4000 spend offers.

I got the same on my Biz Plat a couple weeks ago. And I rarely use the card. Definitely worth trying chat before you cancel.

On both DH and my biz plat accounts, the autopay did not debit when due 3 days ago. Both accounts are 3 days past due. When chatting Amex rep said it was some error on their end.

Glad I caught it. I’d check your accounts.

ETA: The autopay banner continued to show in the app. But when looking at the statement, it said “This account has been removed from autopay. Please use the below coupon to make payments”

Is there cause for concern if this is happening on both our accounts? Anyone else have something similar happen?

Last edited:
Has anyone had success with a retention offer on the CSP? I know it's only $95 AF, but I really have no need for it, and there is nothing to PC it to as we basically have all the no AF cards, so I'm thinking to cancel.

ETA: tried over phone, no luck. Wound up cancelling, as we have both Freedom cards. No plans to transfer URs to partners in the immediate future.

Last edited:
Just wanted to share a silver lining of a really crummy situation. On the first of December I decided (after some consultation with you all) to go for the American Express Platinum Resy offer. I knew I had some small business spend coming up (orthodontist bill) and we like to eat out (including a Disney vacation) so I figured over the course of six months I would hit around 10k of the up to 25k spend for 15x at dining and small biz, plus the chance to triple dip benefits. The day after the application I received my shiny new card. Fast forward two days later, my Dad who I was traveling often to help, took a turn for the worse and then on 12/6/21 passed away.

Now for the silver lining, I now had the opportunity to pay for funeral expenses (at a small biz) which will get me a heck of a lot closer to that 25k max for the 15x, and I am going to be paying his final medical expenses with the hope that some of those will code as small business as well.

I mentioned to my sister that I was getting a benefit for all of this spend and she was kind of mad until I told her there was a $695 annual fee for the credit card and I think that took away her jealousy since she wasn't even willing to do the CSP 100k offer, $95 AF (waived for in branch app) when I told her about that a few months back, lol.

Now to decide how Dad would want me to spend all these American Express points!!

Just wanted to share a silver lining of a really crummy situation. On the first of December I decided (after some consultation with you all) to go for the American Express Platinum Resy offer. I knew I had some small business spend coming up (orthodontist bill) and we like to eat out (including a Disney vacation) so I figured over the course of six months I would hit around 10k of the up to 25k spend for 15x at dining and small biz, plus the chance to triple dip benefits. The day after the application I received my shiny new card. Fast forward two days later, my Dad who I was traveling often to help, took a turn for the worse and then on 12/6/21 passed away.

Now for the silver lining, I now had the opportunity to pay for funeral expenses (at a small biz) which will get me a heck of a lot closer to that 25k max for the 15x, and I am going to be paying his final medical expenses with the hope that some of those will code as small business as well.

I mentioned to my sister that I was getting a benefit for all of this spend and she was kind of mad until I told her there was a $695 annual fee for the credit card and I think that took away her jealousy since she wasn't even willing to do the CSP 100k offer, $95 AF (waived for in branch app) when I told her about that a few months back, lol.

Now to decide how Dad would want me to spend all these American Express points!!

Sorry to hear about your father, but glad there was a bit of a silver lining for you and your family.

Having to pay for orthodontics - that would have been enough crummy for me.

Do something special with the points. Then it will be a reminder of your Dad in a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter